The Education Forum

The HSCA Prelude vs. the WC Prelude

A PR suggestion:

Many articles about the JFKA start off with the WC, and justifiably criticize the WC.  

In this manner, the HSCA becomes invisible, and the WC the frame of reference. The WC is better off being dismissed. 

Try variations this prelude:

"In 1979, the last official investigation into the JFKA, the HSCA, concluded JFK had likely been murdered as a result of a conspiracy, thus correcting the limited WC investigation of 1964." 

Then,

"The HSCA referred the JFKA case to the Justice Department for further investigation, but nothing happened...and to this day nothing has happened, despite abundant new evidence emerging in subsequent years largely buttressing the HSCA conclusion."

And then,  

"In fact, recently, President Biden has implemented rules to deep-six the JFK Records in perpetuity---the same records that would reveal pre-JFKA intel ops---thus again strongly suggesting the HSCA was onto something."

Just IMHO....

Benjamin, your suggestions are good, but you just can't quit with the Biden-bashing. His rules do not assure that any records are kept in perpetuity. They are to be released as soon as the perceived harm dissipates.

The rules.

transparencyplans.jpg.07192047593282d656033c8c28c9e673.jpg

What I see from this is that we still have to do the heavy lifting on this thing and make it so full release is on the public's agenda.

Edited by George Govus
What do we want? Clarity. When do we want it? Now.

27 minutes ago, George Govus said:

Benjamin, your suggestions are good, but you just can't quit with the Biden-bashing. His rules do not assure that any records are kept in perpetuity. They are to be released as soon as the perceived harm dissipates.

The rules.

transparencyplans.jpg.07192047593282d656033c8c28c9e673.jpg

What I see from this is that we still have to do the heavy lifting on this thing and make it so full release is on the public's agenda.

Thanks for your comment...but I am not Biden-bashing. 

I will defer to Larry S., but my understanding is that President Biden's Justice Department has asserted they do not have to release all JFK records, and the president reserves the right not to on certain documents. No timelines-deadlines. 

Without deadlines mandating unconditional, complete and total release ...each President can decide to withhold records, citing identifiable harm or other conditions. In perpetuity, in other words. 

I disagree with you that I have to make a case for the JFK Records release, or do any heavy lifting.

I am a citizen entitled to public records (as are all of us). 

Again, I defer to Larry S. 

I think Trump, and then Biden, have both violated the letter and spirt of the law. Biden is President now, and has raised the stakes. 

George- The Transparency Plans are essentially secrecy plans. The event-based criteria for releasing records do not comply with the JFK Act and many would allow documents to be withheld until 2044. Others involving "strategic partners" are essentially postponed indefinitiely. Not to mention that the decision for declassification is given to the National Declassification Board which violates the JFK Act. Under that law, the president has the "sole and non-delegable duty" for making postponement decisions. 

Witnesses and participants to the assassination are dying and this is just another effort to run out the clock. 

And this is not Biden-bashing. He has a choice. He can be the real transparency president or he can choose to be like President Trump and postpone records in violation  of the law he voted for in 1992.   

8 hours ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

George- The Transparency Plans are essentially secrecy plans. The event-based criteria for releasing records do not comply with the JFK Act and many would allow documents to be withheld until 2044. Others involving "strategic partners" are essentially postponed indefinitiely. Not to mention that the decision for declassification is given to the National Declassification Board which violates the JFK Act. Under that law, the president has the "sole and non-delegable duty" for making postponement decisions. 

Witnesses and participants to the assassination are dying and this is just another effort to run out the clock. 

And this is not Biden-bashing. He has a choice. He can be the real transparency president or he can choose to be like President Trump and postpone records in violation  of the law he voted for in 1992.   

I defer to LS.

President Biden is proposing to deep-six the JFK Records in perpetuity---no hard, unconditional and total release of all records. 

Without that, we get perma-secrecy. 

Jeez, Jeff Morley wants to see records regarding George Joannides in New Orleans in the summer of 1963. 

President Biden says Morley can't see those records. So did President Trump. 

At a certain age, you realize you are running out time. 

I expect to die before the JFK Records are released. I don't expect to die soon, but I am running out of decades. 

I hope LS succeeds, and I admire his spirit. 

I will defer to Professor Schnapf. I should have added, I was disappointed with Biden's position. It seemed to me Biden's actions track similarly with Trump's. So maybe it's not fair or helpful to hang Biden's name on this to the exclusion of Trump. Although I guess you could also say that Trump more or less winged it. And Biden has effectively codified stone-walling, which is worse. Sigh.

15 hours ago, George Govus said:

I will defer to Professor Schnapf. I should have added, I was disappointed with Biden's position. It seemed to me Biden's actions track similarly with Trump's. So maybe it's not fair or helpful to hang Biden's name on this to the exclusion of Trump. Although I guess you could also say that Trump more or less winged it. And Biden has effectively codified stone-walling, which is worse. Sigh.

Unfortunately we live an age of partisan politics. 

People get defensive about Trump or Biden, if those people belong to one of the political parties. 

If someone says "Biden is deep-sixing the JFK Records in perpetuity," the immediate reaction is, "What about Trump?" 

If someone says the Trump family is entangled in grift, then the Trump supporter will wail, "What about the Biden family?" 

Without reservation, I denounce both parties, largely for leading the US into generations of lower living standards and lower qualities of life, and endless distant wars. 

Right now, Biden is president. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

If Trump was still president, we would have sued him. It is about compliance with the law, not who sits in the oval office.

This is the part to hold onto tightly.