The Education Forum

Who the hell is Alex Mikhalevsky?

Well, just speculation time, but if Mikhalesky knew Priscilla Johnson...maybe he was involved with LHO in some way, and that it what the CIA (and the Biden Administration) wants to keep secret. 

6 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, just speculation time, but if Mikhalesky knew Priscilla Johnson...maybe he was involved with LHO in some way, and that it what the CIA (and the Biden Administration) wants to keep secret. 

It COULD be information about a LIVING person that they would withhold pending that person's passing.

Marina fills the bill. The documents @Joseph Backes linked to are denied for release in full but have been included in the ARRB files I believe. That tells me at least one relating to a reporter and their subject has a direct relationship to the topic which otherwise would be a standard report to a handler. 

If the memo stated something that was speculative or unproven about Marina there's plenty of reason to withhold it if it could reflect badly on her. It may be interesting to us but after all these are real people (it could damage her children also) and public release of something like that is similar to the reason for grand jury secrecy.

Edited by Bob Ness

Bob,

I don't like to speculate too much.  We really have no idea what the hidden text will reveal.  As for protecting a living individual, that's possible but unlikely.  One of the docs was dated 1958.  That was 65 years ago.  Now add 18.  I don't think anyone younger than 18 would be in a CIA cable.  So, if they're protecting anyone that person is at least 83 years old.  

Alex Mikhalevsky is a clue.  

Of note is that France is going through some political turmoil in 1958. It happened in May. What was the Fourth Republic collapsed to be replaced by the Fifth Republic which brought Gen.  Charles de Gaulle to power.  There was a Right-wing coup, or an attempt at one. They were enraged that France was going to withdraw from Algiers and allow it to be an independent country. France was on the verge of a civil war over Algiers.  After  de Gaulle came to power there were several attempts to kill him.  

4 hours ago, Joseph Backes said:

One of the docs was dated 1958.

And Marina met LHO in 1961 so that's out. I was just spitballing anyway...

Re the French I'm not certain what sharing agreements we have with them, but I know sometimes entries are blacked out because other countries restrict information under different laws and regulations of theirs. It's common in my experience to find blacked out information given to us by the UK going back decades to the point you can almost assume the redacted portions are theirs.

It's interesting they're entirely blacked out after all this time.