The Education Forum

Russ Baker's Latest Op-Ed About RFK, Jr.

@W. Niederhut first- i resent your statement that my comment about Harris is a racist slur. has nothing to do with her race or her sex. you dont know me so how dare to you accuse me.  you dont know anything about my work and my volunteer activities. How dare you but I guess that is typical for your ilk. Throw around the racist word whenever someone criticizes a person of color on the merits. 

And I am not suggesting you get you medical information from Rogan. you have been making statements about RFK Jr's views which are based on snippets or headlines from the news. I said that if you were truly an open minded person- which it now appears you are now- and want to learn about the candidates, then I suggested you listen to his podcast. 

but this is the last time i respond to anything you write until you apologize for your disgusting insult.   

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

@W. Niederhut first- i resent your statement that my comment about Harris is a racist slur. has nothing to do with her race or her sex. you dont know me so how dare to you accuse me.  you dont know anything about my work and my volunteer activities. How dare you but I guess that is typical for your ilk. Throw around the racist word whenever someone criticizes a person of color on the merits. 

And I am not suggesting you get you medical information from Rogan. you have been making statements about RFK Jr's views which are based on snippets or headlines from the news. I said that if you were truly an open minded person- which it now appears you are now- and want to learn about the candidates, then I suggested you listen to his podcast. 

but this is the last time i respond to anything you write until you apologize for your disgusting insult.   

Larry,

It was unfair of me to attribute your slur about Vice President Harris to racism, and I do apologize-- especially if you can provide a rational explanation for your slur.

Here's what you wrote:

"If all RFK Jr's campaign does is force Biden out of the race, then that is a victory for the country. we cant afford to have Harris or Trump become president."   

Are you likening Vice President Harris to an uneducated sociopath like Donald Trump?  

Harris has had to run the gauntlets of racism and misogyny-- which were, obviously, deployed by the Fox News propagandists, for years, against Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Did you watch the 2020 Democratic primary debates, or Harris's Vice Presidential debate against Mike Pence?

The lady is highly intelligent, articulate, and well educated.  More importantly, she is committed to the public good.

So, what are your grounds for claiming that "the country can't afford to have Vice President Harris become President?"  As opposed to whom-- Anti-Woke Ron DeSantis?  The shameless Trump apologist Mike Pence?

As for your Joe Rogan comment, I am quite familiar with the scientific "merits" of RFK's anti-vaccine disinformation in recent years.  I prefer written analyses to podcasts.

Now, perhaps you would be so kind as to answer a few of my unanswered questions (above.)

1)   Which of Russ Baker's specific criticisms of RFK, Jr. do you disagree with?  

2)  Should the West have refrained from intervention following Hitler's invasion of Poland in 1939?

3) Was the American Revolutionary War essentially a "proxy war" (between Britain and France) in your opinion-- as opposed to a war for independence?

4) Was Alexander McCaskill-- the anti-Biden propagandist-- your Fox News/Tucker Carlson contact person?

Edited by W. Niederhut

41 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Larry,

It was unfair of me to attribute your slur about Vice President Harris to racism, and I do apologize-- especially if you can provide a rational explanation for your slur.

Here's what you wrote:

"If all RFK Jr's campaign does is force Biden out of the race, then that is a victory for the country. we cant afford to have Harris or Trump become president."   

Are you likening Vice President Harris to an uneducated sociopath like Donald Trump?  

Harris has had to run the gauntlets of racism and misogyny-- which were, obviously, deployed by the Fox News propagandists, for years, against Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Did you watch the 2020 Democratic primary debates, or Harris's Vice Presidential debate against Mike Pence?

The lady is highly intelligent, articulate, and well educated.  More importantly, she is committed to the public good.

So, what are your grounds for claiming that "the country can't afford to have Vice President Harris become President?"  As opposed to whom-- Anti-Woke Ron DeSantis?  The shameless Trump apologist Mike Pence?

As for your Joe Rogan comment, I am quite familiar with the scientific "merits" of RFK's anti-vaccine disinformation in recent years.  I prefer written analyses to podcasts.

Now, perhaps you would be so kind as to answer a few of my unanswered questions (above.)

1)   Which of Russ Baker's specific criticisms of RFK, Jr. do you disagree with?  

2)  Should the West have refrained from intervention following Hitler's invasion of Poland in 1939?

3) Was the American Revolutionary War essentially a "proxy war" (between Britain and France) in your opinion-- as opposed to a war for independence?

4) Was Alexander McCaskill-- the anti-Biden propagandist-- your Fox News/Tucker Carlson contact person?

Will - why does Larry have to explain his dislike of Harris? Or answer any questions from you, whether kindly asked or not? Methinks you are incredibly presumptuous.

40 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Larry,

Here's what you wrote:

Where in the world do you see any racism in Larry's comment? Where? What is remotely racist about saying we can't afford to have Harris or Trump as president? You are reading miles between the lines and inferring motives and intentions out of thin air. 

And, just FYI, Trump is not "uneducated." He graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in economics. In case you don't know, Wharton is considered one of the best business schools in the world. No one who graduates from Wharton can be called "uneducated."

17 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Will - why does Larry have to explain his dislike of Harris? Or answer any questions from you, whether kindly asked or not? Methinks you are incredibly presumptuous.

Huh?  It's "presumptuous" to ask forum members to clarify their statements on the forum?

When was that standard of Education Forum discourse established?

19 minutes ago, Michael Griffith said:

Where in the world do you see any racism in Larry's comment? Where? What is remotely racist about saying we can't afford to have Harris or Trump as president? You are reading miles between the lines and inferring motives and intentions out of thin air. 

And, just FYI, Trump is not "uneducated." He graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in economics. In case you don't know, Wharton is considered one of the best business schools in the world. No one who graduates from Wharton can be called "uneducated."

Michael,

Perhaps you missed the big news from one of Trump's former professors at U. Penn, to the effect that, "Donald Trump was the single worst student (he) ever taught at Penn."

Trump's older sister also wrote papers for him, so that he could grift his way through two years at Fordham and two at Penn.  It was the academic equivalent of allegedly having bone spurs.

Incidentally, can you specify which of Russ Baker's criticisms of RFK, Jr. were "wrong or exaggerated" in your opinion?

7 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Huh?  It's "presumptuous" to ask forum members to clarify their statements on the forum?

When was that standard of Education Forum discourse established?

What seems presumptuous is to reduce everything someone says to a few talking points. It’s a style of debate that seeks to reduce the entirety of what someone believes to points you wish to refute.

8 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

What seems presumptuous is to reduce everything someone says to a few talking points. It’s a style of debate that seeks to reduce the entirety of what someone believes to points you wish to refute.

Actually, Paul, I have asked Larry an array of questions about his comments regarding RFK, Jr., Russ Baker, Fox News, Ukraine, and his low opinion of Vice President Harris.

Where's the reduction?

Isn't this a discussion forum?

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Actually, Paul, I have asked Larry an array of questions about his comments regarding RFK, Jr., Russ Baker, Fox News, Ukraine, and his low opinion of Vice President Harris.

Where's the reduction?

Isn't this a discussion forum?

Maybe it’s a question of style. If you wish to refute someone’s argument you can attempt to do so without asking leading questions designed to produce the same result. I’m really not sure if I’m making sense to you or anyone else on this. Cliff does something a bit similar, picking apart anything someone (me) writes by sentence or phrase. 

1 hour ago, Lawrence Schnapf said:

very disappointed in Russ Baker. RFK jr is his white whale. 

Sure thing, Larry.

Do let us know which specific details of Russ Baker's analyses are incorrect.

Thus far, all you have posted are vague, inaccurate generalizations.