The Education Forum

Witness Buell Frazier: Capt. Fritz assaulted me

Buell Frazier tells how Dallas Police Capt. J. Will Fritz raised his hand to strike him when he refused to sign a typed confession.

Under the law, Fritz's action is defined as an assault --- " a threat or attempt to inflict offensive physical contact or bodily harm on a person ( as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner ) that puts the person in immediate danger of or in apprehension of such harm or contact".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assault

They had no evidence against this kid that he was involved in the assassination of the President, and yet they want him to sign a confession ? What does that say about the honesty of the Dallas Police ?

Edited by Gil Jesus

When Fritz raised his arm and hand to strike Frazier, Frazier bravely warned Fritz...If you hit me "We's gonna have one hell of a fight!"

Red faced Fritz backed down and stormed out of the room.

Frazier showed he had the courage to fight if he needed too. Even if it was with a Captain!

Frazier was only 19 years old!

3 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

When Fritz raised his arm and hand to strike Frazier, Frazier bravely warned Fritz...If you hit me "We's gonna have one hell of a fight!"

Red faced Fritz backed down and stormed out of the room.

Frazier showed he had the courage to fight if he needed too. Even if it was with a Captain!

Frazier was only 19 years old!

Joe, now we know why they didn't record or transcribe the interrogation sessions.

It's just like I suspected all along--that there were things being said and done behind close doors that they didn't want the world to know about.

1 minute ago, Gil Jesus said:

Joe, now we know why they didn't record or transcribe the interrogation sessions.

It's just like I suspected all along--that there were things being said and done behind close doors that they didn't want the world to know about.

I've read that this non-recording, non-transcribing MO of Fritz's was well known as his personal interrogation "style."

Doing so opens the door to incredible abuses by a suspect's interrogators.

Sounds so constitutional rights violating it's sickening.

If there was one criminal suspect in the history of not just the Dallas police department but every police agency in the nation whose interrogation should have been totally recorded and transcribed, it would have been Lee Harvey Oswald.

The most important criminal suspect ( by a long mile ) in American history.

If the FBI were interrogating Oswald by themselves, you could be sure they would have had every word Oswald spoke on tape.

When Oswald was speaking to his wife Marina and later his brother Robert in the jail speaking booth...wasn't every word recorded by a tape recorder then?

If not, just another DPD action so illogically negligent and unprofessional that it screamed suspicion.

I wonder what poor suspects got the backhand threat treatment by Fritz before Frazier. I'm sure this wasn't the first time Fritz lost his temper in interrogations.