The Education Forum

Happy Birthday, America

Here are my nominations for celebratory July 4th rock anthems.

I.  Holiday by Green Day   

This one premiered on Green Day's phenomenal 2004 album, American Idiot, "celebrating" Bush & Cheney's Operation Shock & Awe in Iraq.

When I first heard this album, I told an old high school rock 'n roll buddy that it was probably the best song writing and rock ensemble that I had heard on a single album since Who's Next.

"Zieg Heil," to the President gas man,

"Bombs away is your punishment,"

pulverizing Eiffel Towers,

who criticize your government.

Edited by W. Niederhut

II.   Woodstock by CSN&Y-- the great anti-war rock anthem adapted from Joni Mitchell's melancholy 1970 electric piano song.

"And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,

turning into butterflies above our nation."

Edited by W. Niederhut

III.  Unknown Soldier by the Doors.

1968 anti-war rock ballad written by Jim Morrison, the son of the U.S. fleet commander during the CIA's Gulf of Tonkin false flag incident.

7 hours ago, John Cotter said:

You seem to be feeling the pain already, Kirk. 

My heart goes out to you.

Oh, yes John I'm so into this! It's my least favorite holiday. There's no impetus to get together with my family. So I generally just hide out!
heh heh

It's interesting your post reminds me of similar Brit posts by Barnard. Barnard once warned W. 3 years back that W. was about to lose at least half of everything he owned in the coming crash! Very comforting!
About that same time. He also said people like me who took the spike protein covid  vaccine were all going to die within 2 years!

In contrast I applaud your mercy at wishing us only a heartbreak that would be the result of something similar to Barnard but not specific about the cause, which is more comforting. I suppose the only prim and proper thing to do would be for us to shrivel in shame and apologize for our existence as did the other colonies?
I think that merchant ship has sailed!     heh heh

But back to Barnard's breaking the bad news that 100's of millions of us are going to die of the spike protein covid vaccine. RFK Jr. only last week attended  a conference of the foremost proponents of that theory who are still saying this in their speeches 3 years later, including Sheri Tenpenny who, in a speech below,  predicts a tsunami of deaths that are happening right now!
I don't want to soil this thread with another RK post. So I won't expand it. I'll just leave the link.