The Education Forum

Lineups 1 & 2: What the witnesses saw

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

If he had lied in the lineup on what his occupation was, there would have been howls of protest from the police authorities.

This is just silliness.

Steve Thomas

So here is Oswald publicly stating that he was in the building and worked in the building, but privately in the lineups he was giving a fictitious answer to the question of his occupation ? ROFLMAO.

It makes no sense.

Sounds like their argument that, "in private he refused a lawyer, but publicly he was asking for one."

🙂

Of course it's silliness but what do you expect them to say ?

Do you see them posting any evidence to the contrary ?

Any evidence at all ?

No. They've got nothing. Just comments and opinions.

Edited by Gil Jesus

8 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

So here is Oswald publicly stating that he was in the building and worked in the building, but privately in the lineups he was giving a fictitious answer to the question of his occupation ? ROFLMAO.

It makes no sense.

Sounds like their argument that, "in private he refused a lawyer, but publicly he was asking for one."

🙂

Of course it's silliness but what do you expect them to say ?

Do you see them posting any evidence to the contrary ?

Any evidence at all ?

No. They've got nothing. Just comments and opinions.

But... and this is the important part... LNers here aren't making things up out of thin air, as you are.

On 8/8/2023 at 10:25 AM, Steve Thomas said:

Report on Officer's Duties by M. G. Hall in regards to the President's murder #1] Page: 1 of 4

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth337510/m1/1/?q=lineups

image.png.cc26364b3d5a608210d79d947fc87093.png

WC testimony of Elmer Boyd

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/boyd.htm

Mr. BALL. Who asked the questions?
Mr. BOYD. Let me see---at one of the showups---I've forgotten whether it was on this particular one whether it was someone out from--Sims asked him some questions in one of those showups.
Mr. BALL. Did you ever ask any questions?
Mr. BOYD. Not that I recall--I don't believe I did.

Mr. BALL. Now, when they asked questions of Oswald at this showup, did he reply?
Mr. BOYD. I believe he did at that one--I believe he did reply.

WC testimony of Richard Sims

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/sims.htm

Mr. BALL. When he was in the interrogation room for the first showup, did you ask him any questions?
Mr. SIMS. Yes; we talked to him.
Mr. BALL. Do you remember what you said to him?
Mr. SIMS. No, sir; I don't remember-

Mr. BALL. And did you hear anything that was said from the audience part of the showup?
Mr. SIMS. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. What did you hear?
Mr. SIMS. Well, someone was asking each one in the showup a few questions.
Mr. BALL. Do you know who that was that asked the questions in the first showup?
Mr. SIMS. I'm not positive, but I believe it was Detective Leavelle in our office conducted the first showup.
Mr. BALL. And what questions did they ask?
Mr. SIMS. I couldn't say the exact questions, but as a rule, his age and address and where he went to school and where he was born and just a few questions like that, just to have them say a few words.
Mr. BALL. Did Leavelle ask all of the questions?
Mr. SIMS. He asked all four of the men in the showup.

WC testimony of James Leavelle

https://www.jfk-assassination.net/russ/testimony/leave_j1.htm

Mr. BALL. Who conducted the showup questioning?
Mr. LEAVELLE. I probably asked the questions, yes.
Mr. BALL. What questions?
Mr. LEAVELLE. Normally, I would not have asked names in this case because for fear of her remembering the name, so, or might have heard the name, so, probably asked how old they were, what occupation, anything so they could speak and let me hear the sound of their voice.
Mr. BALL. Did any of them say they were police officers?
Mr. LEAVELLE. No, no; the officers gave some other occupation.

Gil is not "making things up out of thin air"

Steve Thomas

Gil is not "making things up out of thin air"

Regarding the Tippit shooting, Gil Jesus once stated right here on this forum (not too long ago) that William Scoggins' identification of the fleeing gunman as being Oswald is faulty because Scoggins couldn't have possibly seen the gunman's face since he (Scoggins) was lying face down in the street on the other side of the cab from the gunman.

Scoggins was indeed ducking behind the cab but never said he was lying face down in the street.  In fact, Scoggins said he peeked up over the cab at the gunman.  I have never seen anyone (sans Gil Jesus) claim that Scoggins was lying face down in the street.  In fact, Scoggins testified that the fleeing gunman was not wearing glasses and appeared to be about 25 years old.  Scoggins couldn't have said either of these things if he had not seen the gunman's face.

So @Steve Thomas, I ask you, when Gil Jesus said Scoggins was lying face down in the street, was he flat out wrong or was he making things up?  It's one or the other.