The Education Forum

Was the "backyard" Oswald a composite of Oswald and Roscoe White ?

Gil Jesus

While I am not convinced by the wrist bump, I feel Roscoe White is a suspicious character. The so-called coincidences surrounding him are too large for me to ignore. I know for a lot of researchers he is "old news", but I can't help but think that he played a role and that understanding his role would help illuminate the organization of the conspiracy.

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

While I am not convinced by the wrist bump, I feel Roscoe White is a suspicious character. The so-called coincidences surrounding him are too large for me to ignore. I know for a lot of researchers he is "old news", but I can't help but think that he played a role and that understanding his role would help illuminate the organization of the conspiracy.

You know Danny, it's really interesting that he ended up with one of these photographs, and one that WASN'T found in the Paine garage. Something was going on with the Dallas Police and these photographs. I'm going to get into it later in my series on the "backyard photographs".

Edited by Gil Jesus

17 minutes ago, Charles Blackmon said:

Looks to my eye like shadows were applied in the darkroom to obscure details of Roscoe's chin. Almost looks like whiskers. Why are people including HSCA "experts" so easily fooled?

Charles, I think the chin looks a little different, the "backyard Oswald" chin is a little flatter than White's, but it might be due to the angle. I still find it interesting.

Edited by Gil Jesus

23 hours ago, Gil Jesus said:

Charles, I think the chin looks a little different, the "backyard Oswald" chin is a little flatter than White's, but it might be due to the angle. I still find it interesting.

The HSCA's photographic experts grasped and strained to explain the obvious difference between Oswald's chin and the backyard figure's chin, and they just could not do it. In his testimony, when pressed on this point by Congressman Fithian, McCamy even claimed that the chin "disappears" in the backyard photos, a silly assertion that anyone with two functioning eyes can see is bogus. The figure's chin is especially clear in 133-A DeM and 133-A Stovall. There is no way that the figure's chin is Oswald's chin.

This is why the Committee's photographic experts omitted the Penrose measurements for the chin in their report, even though the chin had been identified as one of the most suspicious and problematic features of the backyard photos. 

British photographic expert Malcolm Thompson did not buy the HSCA's explanation for the obvious difference between Oswald's chin and the backyard figure's chin. 

Edited by Michael Griffith