The Education Forum

Breaking Points Covers Landis

Benjamin Cole

If you are not watching the streaming news services Breaking Points or The Hill, you are really missing out. They are the rare news outlets that are not Donk-fartz or Phant-dung. 

For a TV news show, by reporters who are not JFKA experts, the Breaking Points duo do a credible job on the Landis news story. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

I'm re-posting this from the main Landis thread from 5 hours ago:

Breaking Points gets into the weeds on thie Landis revelation.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUTXRRLSxIg

Key points:

• Saagar gives credit to Oliver Stone for turning the tide on JFKA.   Saagar specifically mentions JFK revisited (sorry, Jim, no hat tip to you in this segment)
  • Jeff Morley's substack got a shout-out as well.
  • I can't believe Saagar and Krystal were drilling down to a discussion of which gurney the bullet was found on.   And they actually covered Darrell Tomlinson's role!

A big piece of incorrect info in that video is when the female host claims that Kennedy's stretcher was at some point located in the Parkland corridor right next to Connally's stretcher. That is totally inaccurate information, because JFK's stretcher was never in the same area where Darrell Tomlinson found the bullet.

----------------

ARLEN SPECTER -- "Is it possible that the stretcher that Mr. Kennedy was on was rolled with the sheets on it down into the area near the elevator?"

MARGARET M. HENCHLIFFE (Parkland Hospital Nurse) -- "No, sir."

MR. SPECTER -- "Are you sure of that?"

MISS HENCHLIFFE -- "I am positive of that." [6 H 142]

-------------------

Reclaiming%20History%20Book%20Excerpt%20

Edited by David Von Pein

49 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

A big piece of incorrect info in that video is when the female host claims that Kennedy's stretcher was at some point located in the Parkland corridor right next to Connally's stretcher. That is totally inaccurate information, because JFK's stretcher was never in the same area where Darrell Tomlinson found the bullet.

----------------

ARLEN SPECTER -- "Is it possible that the stretcher that Mr. Kennedy was on was rolled with the sheets on it down into the area near the elevator?"

MARGARET M. HENCHLIFFE (Parkland Hospital Nurse) -- "No, sir."

MR. SPECTER -- "Are you sure of that?"

MISS HENCHLIFFE -- "I am positive of that." [6 H 142]

-------------------

Reclaiming%20History%20Book%20Excerpt%20

You may be correct. But there is a limit to how much you can expect from a general news team. 

Overall, I give the Breaking Points pair an A-. 

BTW, the Breaking Points duo are doing what independent media should be doing: Staying impartial and skeptical. Not cynical and biased. 

We know that government investigations are basically show trials and kangaroo courts, or worse, media witch-hunts.  

I applaud the Breaking Points detached demeanor. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

You may be correct. But there is a limit to how much you can expect from a general news team. 

Overall, I give the Breaking Points pair an A-. 

BTW, the Breaking Points duo are doing what independent media should be doing: Staying impartial and skeptical. Not cynical and biased. 

We know that government investigations are basically show trials and kangaroo courts, or worse, media witch-hunts.  

I applaud the Breaking Points detached demeanor. 

Ben, The Hill coverage- which I enjoy daily- takes a hit when it mentions experts and only cites Gerald Posner.   They might want to obtain some other contributors on this issue.  Unless, you feel Gerald Posner is an expert?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4197958-secret-service-agent-raises-questions-about-jfk-magic-bullet-theory/amp/

42 minutes ago, Cory Santos said:

Ben, The Hill coverage- which I enjoy daily- takes a hit when it mentions experts and only cites Gerald Posner.   They might want to obtain some other contributors on this issue.  Unless, you feel Gerald Posner is an expert?

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/4197958-secret-service-agent-raises-questions-about-jfk-magic-bullet-theory/amp/

Well, Posner is an expert, just one with an axe to grind. 

BTW, Posner was a proponent of the "tumbling bullet theory." That is, the bullet that passed through JFK's neck then tumbled before striking JBC.

But we know from the small round hole in the rear of JBC's assassination-day shirt that the bullet that struck JBC was not tumbling. 

Posner, and others, held up the large scar on JBC's back as proof of the SBT. Actually the scar is large due to "debriding" by the surgeon. 

IMHO, not every episode of The Hill or Breaking Points is on target, and yes, Posner is not really worth quoting. 

Along these lines, I love Glenn Greenwald, but IMHO Greenwald is wrong about Ukraine. 

But sheesh, The Hill and Breaking Points and Greenwald's shows are head and shoulders above CNN, WaPo, NYT, Fox, WSJ etc. 

So it goes.