The Education Forum

Rifle disassembly question

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Oh no, not more information/disinformation.  Clearly I've read in various books that the paper used was the same as the packing paper.  Not wishing to hijack this rifle thread, but can Forum members clarify this?  

The official version is:  It has also been shown that Oswald had the opportunity to work in the Paines' garage on Thursday evening and prepare the rifle by disassembling it, if it were not already disassembled, and packing it in the brown bag. 28 It has been demonstrated that the paper and tape from which the bag was made came from the shipping room of the Texas School Book Depository and that Oswald had access to this material.29 Neither Ruth Paine nor Marina Oswald saw the paper bag or the paper and tape out of which the bag was constructed.

Bit I think some people say it ain't so....

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Oh no, not more information/disinformation.  Clearly I've read in various books that the paper used was the same as the packing paper.  Not wishing to hijack this rifle thread, but can Forum members clarify this?  

Also see this:

http://www.freehomepage.com/jfkresearch/papersac.htm

This makes it seem the paper sack origins are dubious....

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

This makes it seem the paper sack origins are dubious....

B.C.  You can say that again!  Add the paper sack to the long list of C.E.'s that are, to say the least, dubious.

11 hours ago, Pete Mellor said:

Indeed, I recall a couple of occasions when a Carcano appeared at Canterbury.  Although one year I think Peter Antill brought one.  Unfortunately the D.P.U.K. website doesn't show any vids for the years Ian was in attendance there.

Hi Pete.

I’m absolutely sure that it’s on Bart’s YouTube channel - uploaded a good couple of years back. 

At last - I found it!

See https://youtu.be/nzYFZ52FG1w

Here is Ian Griggs showing the Carcano assembly process at the DPUK Conference in Canterbury in 2004

Enjoy!

Edited by Chris Scally