The Education Forum

Plaid Shirt Man is NOT Billy Lovelady

lovelady_vs_plaid_shirt_man.jpg

Plaid Shirt Man (a.k.a. Hunchbacked Man) has a hunched back. Ralph Cinque was right about that. It appears that Billy Lovelady does not.

But the thing that proves they are not the same person are their looks. Other than for their male pattern baldness, they look nothing alike. Look at the difference in their ear widths, for example.

lovelady_vs_plaid_shirt_man_2.jpg

For a fair comparison, I rotated Plaid Shirt Man's face in order to make it the same as Lovelady's. (Image in the middle.) It's impossible to do... what you see above is the best I could do. Even after that (attempted) correction, the forehead of Plaid Shirt Man is sloped further back at the top. Plus his hairline has receded about an inch further back than Lovelady's, which accentuates the sloping-back look. Furthermore, Plaid Shirt Man's chin is receded substantially more.

Alan Ford said he thought that the difference in ear width's was due to a difference in aspect ratios of the two images. So I adjusted the aspect ratio of the Plaid Shirt Man's image to get the ear width's reasonably equal. (Image on the right.) The result? A squished head. But at least the ears look about the same. This proves that the ear width disparity is not due to aspect ratio. It can only be due to Lovelady and Plaid Shirt Man being two different people.

BTW, I feel particularly comfortable making this claim because there is other evidence indicating that the two are not the same person. This just happens to be a strong, easy-to-see one.

Let the lambasting commence.

As you know, Mr. Larsen, I don't buy your thesis on this. I think it's definitely Mr. Lovelady in plaid shirt in the Martin film, as in the DPD footage.

However---------------------you might find it interesting to take a close look at Mr. Lovelady's ears in the other two end-Jan '64 FBI photos:

Lovelady-FBI.jpgLovelady-fbi-full.jpg

Notice anything?

14 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Really, really embarrassing, and sad. The JFK research community deserves better.

This! The JFK research community needs to get behind a strong collective push for Mr. Cohen's new pals' claim that this woman is in fact Mr. Lee Harvey Oswald whose image has been subjected to nefarious alteration by the Sixth Floor Museum or someone---------

Darnell-entrance-new.jpg

Lol

Alan,

When looking at a person in profile, their ear will look narrower if they turn a little away from you, and will look wider if they turn a little toward you. And that is more the case for people with ears that stick out a lot.

I am trying to determine if, in the frame/photo of Plaid Shirt Man that I posted, he is turned toward the camera a little. If so, that would explain to some degree why his ear is so wide.

16 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Alan,

When looking at a person in profile, their ear will look narrower if they turn a little away from you, and will look wider if they turn a little toward you. And that is more the case for people with ears that stick out a lot.

Spot on, Mr. Larsen!

Lovelady-martin-ears.gif

59 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

I am trying to determine if, in the frame/photo of Plaid Shirt Man that I posted, he is turned toward the camera a little. If so, that would explain to some degree why his ear is so wide.

I think he's quite close to straight profile in the image I used. Even if he's turned a little, his ear is far too big to be Lovelady's.

2 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

As you know, Mr. Larsen, I don't buy your thesis on this. I think it's definitely Mr. Lovelady in plaid shirt in the Martin film, as in the DPD footage.

However---------------------you might find it interesting to take a close look at Mr. Lovelady's ears in the other two end-Jan '64 FBI photos:

Notice anything?

His right ear (our left as we look) is lower than his left ear...?

2 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Notice anything?

The one thing I notice  has nothing to do with this discussion.  If Lovelady is standing straight and his head is straight (both appear to be true), in his face forward photo his left ear appears somewhat smaller and the top seems elevated above the level of the right ear.  A straight line from the top (and bottom) across his face is slanted upwards to the left.