The Education Forum

JFK Revisited is still selling abroad

I just talked to Rob Wilson, the producer of the film.

JFK Revisited has recently sold, like in the last 45 days  or so, in Hong Kong, Macao, and Japan.

It played the Tokyo Film Festival.  And its playing in theaters.  The long version JFK: Destiny Betrayed will be on TV.

This is amazing since the film was at Cannes for sale two years ago.

He also told me that the 1991 feature JFK is being redone by DVD producer Shout Factory.  They are doing a 4 K scan from the negative.  Such a transfer had not been done with the film since like 1999.  Since it will be Blue Ray he thinks it will be a 4 disc special.  And they got interviews with Oliver and Robert Richardson to go along with it.

I think the success of JFK Revisited on DVD may have had something to do with this.  And to think they were not sure about even doing one for JFK Revisited. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

Let me ask Rob.

Its subtitled in  Japan and he thinks it will be also in the other two countries.

But there are probably a lot of English speakers in those two areas.

They actually had a couple of speakers familiar with the case come on that Tokyo FIlm Festival.

https://twitter.com/yakumox/status/1718631832353456272/photo/1

Edited by James DiEugenio

2 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

I just talked to Rob Wilson, the producer of the film.

JFK Revisited has recently sold, like in the last 45 days  or so, in Hong Kong, Macao, and Japan.

It played the Tokyo Film Festival.  And its playing in theaters.  The long version JFK: Destiny Betrayed will be on TV.

This is amazing since the film was at Cannes for sale two years ago.

He also told me that the 1991 feature JFK is being redone by DVD producer Shout Factory.  They are doing a 4 K scan from the negative.  Such a transfer had not been done with the film since like 1999.  Since it will be Blue Ray he thinks it will be a 4 disc special.  And they got interviews with Oliver and Robert Richardson to go along with it.

I think the success of JFK Revisited on DVD may have had something to do with this.  And to think they were not sure about even doing one for JFK Revisited. 

JFK Revisited was a tremendous achievement by JD. I am glad you got that film maker to help out. 

Thanks Ben, but I think Oliver Stone and Rob Wilson were more important than I was in getting the film made.

It was really Rob who sold the project after several months of trying.

That credit "producer" has been so badly corrupted in the film business that it really does not mean very much today.

But Rob really was the producer on this in that he sold the project, and he had everything there and ready to go on every day of the shooting schedule.

The staying power of the film is going to be that it is mostly built on very solid research (not to mention Oliver Stone's masterful technique in film making), and it is excellently put together for the layman. I have friends who know I am interested in the assassination, and if they want me to recommend them something to watch then it is my go to recommendation. I think it is going to age a lot better than all of the other assasination related documentaries that have been made over the years. 

Well, thanks for that Miles.  Very much appreciated.