The Education Forum

Man in tan jacket in Hughes

Alan Ford

Friends, not sure who first noticed this guy in the railroad yards (Hughes film), but he continues to intrigue me.....................

PRIME CANDIDATE FOR MAN IN LIGHT BROWN JACKET ENCOUNTERED BY OFFICER BAKER BY REAR STAIRS SEVERAL FLOORS UP IN TSBD?

Tan-Jacket-Man-Oswald-200.jpg

PRIME CANDIDATE FOR TAN JACKET MAN WHO SHOT OFFICER TIPPIT?

Tan-Jacket-Man-Oswald-200.jpgTan-Jacket-Man-Davidson-faster.gifTan-Jacket-long-davidson.gif

[Credit for GIF: Mr. Chris Davidson]

If he's just an ordinary-Joe member of the public, then he has the misfortune to tick a remarkable number of suspect-description boxes:

-----------v. conspicuous & curiously placed bald spot (Mr. Amos Euins)

-----------easily confusable in an eyewitness' memory with Mr. Oswald (right down to the clenched mouth)

-----------open-necked shirt (as per SN witnesses)

-----------Description of Officer Tippit's shooter given by Mr. William Smith to FBI 12/12/63: "a white male, about 5' 7" to 5'8", 20 to 25 years of age, 150-160, wearing a white shirt, light brown jacket and dark pants"

-----------Mr. Domingo Benavides, WC Testimony: "I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look flat in back."

Edited by Alan Ford

The interesting part of this clip is, your man in the tan jacket appears to pass something with his left hand to the man with his back to the camera wearing a dark jacket and dark hair.

Which is probably why there's a red arrow ... in the Gif ... Watch the Tan jacket guys left hand.

Mr. Cohen missed it! What a surprise!

15 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Friends, not sure who first noticed this guy in the railroad yards (Hughes film), but he continues to intrigue me.....................

PRIME CANDIDATE FOR MAN IN LIGHT BROWN JACKET ENCOUNTERED BY OFFICER BAKER BY REAR STAIRS SEVERAL FLOORS UP IN TSBD?

Tan-Jacket-Man-Oswald-200.jpgTan-Jacket-Man-Davidson-faster.gifTan-Jacket-long-davidson.gif

If he's just an ordinary-Joe member of the public, then he has the misfortune to tick a remarkable number of suspect-description boxes:

Speaking of young Mr. Amos Euins, he appears to be right behind Bald-Spot Tan Jacket Man:

Hughes-not-euins.jpg

I say 'appears', because it's not him. The coat is too long:

Hughes-not-euins.gif

And yet! Young Mr. Amos Euins does appear in this Murray photograph, taken at the same time as the above footage. The hat in his hand identifies him beyond doubt:

Euins-in-Murray-marked.jpgAmos-Euins.jpg

So he must be here somewhere in Hughes......................

Seems to me he's got to be this kid wearing glasses, walking behind the long-coated kid:

Hughes-euins-glasses.jpg

Tan-Jacket-Man-Davidson-faster.gif

Wish we had a better copy of Murray so as to confirm that Mr. Euins here is wearing glasses:

Euins-murray.jpg

The two black boys in Hughes appear to be together. This could be important as I have heard it claimed that there were in fact two Euins boys on the scene, with Mr. Amos Euins being the older one. The suggestion being that Mr. Amos Euins protectively covered for his younger brother, who had seen too much.

IF this is what happened, then KRLD reporter Mr. James Underwood, who said he heard a young black boy tell an officer the shooter was 'colored', may in fact have been referring to the younger brother--------------who thereafter disappeared as a witness.

Mr. Underwood (WC testimony): "I asked him his name and the only thing I could understand was what I thought his name was Eunice"-----------i.e. he did not get the boy's first name.

Edited by Alan Ford

18 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

-----------easily confusable in an eyewitness' memory with Mr. Oswald (right down to the clenched mouth)

-----------open-necked shirt (as per SN witnesses)

-----------Description of Officer Tippit's shooter given by Mr. William Smith to FBI 12/12/63: "a white male, about 5' 7" to 5'8", 20 to 25 years of age, 150-160, wearing a white shirt, light brown jacket and dark pants"

-----------Mr. Domingo Benavides, WC Testimony: "I remember the back of his head seemed like his hairline was sort of--looked like his hairline sort of went square instead of tapered off. and he looked like he needed a haircut for about 2 weeks, but his hair didn't taper off, it kind of went down and squared off and made his head look flat in back."

I’ve been intrigued with this guy ever since he was pointed out on this forum. Not quite as suspicious, but similar to my thoughts on the umbrella man and DCM. Your comments about him and the floor laying crew are very thought provoking. 

11 hours ago, Nick Bartetzko said:

I’ve been intrigued with this guy ever since he was pointed out on this forum. Not quite as suspicious, but similar to my thoughts on the umbrella man and DCM. Your comments about him and the floor laying crew are very thought provoking. 

It's the combination of elements that makes one sit up, isn't it, Mr. Bartetzko? The weirdly located bald spot is the glacier cherry................

On 11/14/2023 at 12:56 AM, Alan Ford said:

The two black boys in Hughes appear to be together. This could be important as I have heard it claimed that there were in fact two Euins boys on the scene, with Mr. Amos Euins being the older one. The suggestion being that Mr. Amos Euins protectively covered for his younger brother, who had seen too much.

IF this is what happened, then KRLD reporter Mr. James Underwood, who said he heard a young black boy tell an officer the shooter was 'colored', may in fact have been referring to the younger brother--------------who thereafter disappeared as a witness.

Mr. Underwood (WC testimony): "I asked him his name and the only thing I could understand was what I thought his name was Eunice"-----------i.e. he did not get the boy's first name.

Apropos! Watch this video (though I strongly recommend NOT watching the final minute or so, where it goes disastrously off the rails.................). The actual on-the-scene broadcast by Mr. Underwood is devastating all on its own--------------------------

It does look a bit odd for the dark suit man to rock sideways and left at the exact same time the tall lanky tan jacket man turns and walks by him.

In so doing he actually blocks the tan jacket man's pathway enough they brush each other.

On the other hand, the dark suit wearing fellow looks to me like a teenage boy. Maybe 15 or 16 years of age.

Too young to be part of some nefarious team imo.