The Education Forum

Did Decker & Skelton see the same bullet?

Tony Krome

Marjan, I read the lengthy education forum thread you linked. Like others there I don't buy it. I only found one statement in the entire thread where you spelled out an actual positive argument for a Hickey shooting (the rest was assertions you had found the truth and photo analysis arguing trajectories were theoretically possible): "the strong smell of gunsmoke being the most powerful evidence I think that Hickey fired. No--wrong--the dent in the chrome trim is its most powerful evidence". The problem there is neither of those two items establish Hickey fired since it assumes there are no other reasonable explanations for either of those phenomena, which is not the case. On the other hand, nowhere in the lengthy thread did I see a satisfactory rebuttal to what I cited as two deal-killers to the theory. I don't find satisfactory your only explanation I could find for why no one in the followup car around Hickey told of hearing a burst of automatic weapon fire from Hickey ("I reckon that everybody knew--I mean--Jacki, Bobby, LBJ, Hoover, etc. That's the real reason it has been successfully hidden"). The other, the notion that a random accidental burst from Hickey would only hit the target of the assassination attempt, JFK, exactly where needed to blow his head off, and hit no other person or miss, as opposed to the alternative that that JFK head shot hit JFK where it did because someone aimed it there, I did not see addressed apart from repeated circular assertions that it happened therefore it happened. So thanks, curiosity satisfied concerning what you had, not further curious.  

3 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

Marjan, I read the lengthy education forum thread you linked. Like others there I don't buy it. I only found one statement in the entire thread where you spelled out an actual positive argument for a Hickey shooting (the rest was assertions you had found the truth and photo analysis arguing trajectories were theoretically possible): "the strong smell of gunsmoke being the most powerful evidence I think that Hickey fired. No--wrong--the dent in the chrome trim is its most powerful evidence". The problem there is neither of those two items establish Hickey fired since it assumes there are no other reasonable explanations for either of those phenomena, which is not the case. On the other hand, nowhere in the lengthy thread did I see a satisfactory rebuttal to what I cited as two deal-killers to the theory. I don't find satisfactory your only explanation I could find for why no one in the followup car around Hickey told of hearing a burst of automatic weapon fire from Hickey ("I reckon that everybody knew--I mean--Jacki, Bobby, LBJ, Hoover, etc. That's the real reason it has been successfully hidden"). The other, the notion that a random accidental burst from Hickey would only hit the target of the assassination attempt, JFK, exactly where needed to blow his head off, and hit no other person or miss, as opposed to the alternative that that JFK head shot hit JFK where it did because someone aimed it there, I did not see addressed apart from repeated circular assertions that it happened therefore it happened. So thanks, curiosity satisfied concerning what you had, not further curious.  

What are the chances that next Friday i get out of bed at 8am & turn my computer on & then at 8:05am i find that i cant move my right hand & then at 8:10am find that i cant talk & then at 8:45am find myself in Emergency surrounded by doctors.

Virtually nil.

But that is what happened last Friday.