The Education Forum

Was Joe Molina the “known subversive” that Oswald met before JFK assassination?

Gerry Down

8 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Yes. And then he barely had any contact with her from then until the day he died.

Marguerite still visited Lee at Mercedes, which encompassed the time frame of the 2 hour FBI interview in the car outside. So it's not a given that Marguerite fabricated the term "anti subversive". It could have come from Lee.

Mr. RANKIN. Did your mother-in-law come to see you at Mercedes Street?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Marguerite still visited Lee at Mercedes, which encompassed the time frame of the 2 hour FBI interview in the car outside. So it's not a given that Marguerite fabricated the term "anti subversive". It could have come from Lee.

Mr. RANKIN. Did your mother-in-law come to see you at Mercedes Street?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes.

Tony, once again, I never said she fabricated that SPECIFIC usage. I am trying to make the point that she was known to do so before and after the assassination, and that all three of her sons did not like spending time with her because of it, among many other reasons.

54 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

I never said she fabricated that SPECIFIC usage

Ok, then let's explore the usage of that term. "Anti-Subversive" is pretty specific. If Marguerite did not fabricate that term, do you concede that the term may have been sourced from Lee, even if he himself was not an agent of some kind, and what he conveyed to his mother was fantasy?

38 minutes ago, Tony Krome said:

Ok, then let's explore the usage of that term. "Anti-Subversive" is pretty specific. If Marguerite did not fabricate that term, do you concede that the term may have been sourced from Lee, even if he himself was not an agent of some kind, and what he conveyed to his mother was fantasy?

Yes, that is certainly within the realm of possibility. But there is ample evidence to suggest that even during the limited period Lee was around Marguerite post-Russia, he rarely if ever spoke with her in detail about his own life and what he was doing at any given time.

Edited by Jonathan Cohen

3 hours ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Yes, that is certainly within the realm of possibility.

Without being an agent/informer for the FBI, Oswald could have been a source of information for the FBI. It's certainly within the realm of possibility that the FBI has sources at street level that provide information, correct?

3 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

Without being an agent/informer for the FBI, Oswald could have been a source of information for the FBI. It's certainly within the realm of possibility that the FBI has sources at street level that provide information, correct?

Yes, also possible. I personally have not seen evidence to support tit.

47 minutes ago, Jonathan Cohen said:

Yes, also possible. I personally have not seen evidence to support tit.

No, and I'm sure we are not going to find a name list of FBI sources. There's only the FBI Fain meeting with Oswald in the car, and 2 hours is a lot of talking. I can see the FBI might be interested in Oswald, as he had, at that point in time, a published background that may have put actual subversives at ease.