The Education Forum

garrison, issue 015: JFK 60th anniversary issue

S.T. Patrick

https://www.lulu.com/spotlight/MidnightWriterNews

I realize this is not for everyone here and not everyone will appreciate or enjoy it. I get that there are differing opinions and interests. I'm not here to argue it. That said, some will, and may have an interest in this issue of the magazine. This is the description:

238 pages. Print and e-book available. Issue 015 of garrison.: The Journal of History & Deep Politics features articles done in commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy. Edgar F. Tatro takes an extensive look at "Gerry Hemming's Swamp, the Dark Side of Madame Nhu, Gordon McLendon, and Other JFK Assassination Sponsors." Walt Brown assesses historically what the murder of JFK means today. Randolph Benson looks at JFK's Peace Speech at American University in context of what it meant to the late researcher John Judge. Larry Rivera continues his illustrative investigation into "The Twin Lee Oswald Cuban Consulate Visa Applications." Donald Jeffries takes a critical look at Secret Service Agent Paul Landis' recent revelation concerning the "magic bullet." Alan Kent goes deeply into Col. William Bishop and the sordid cast of characters surrounding him. Stan Weeber takes a look at "The Denton Connection," one Texas city's connection to 11/22/63. Australian researcher Gavan McMahon reassesses the murder of Officer J.D. Tippit and Helen Markham's role as the "innocent bystander." S.T. Patrick looks at the current state of the JFKA research community, its hierarchy, and the obsession of defending planted flags.

Garrison 015 (ebook).jpg

Thanks for the notice and I look forward to it.

I recommend any issue of Garrison magazine, a place where I find much useful information. At the same time I find myself disagreeing with many items and points of view in Garrison magazine, which is a small price to pay for the other great material that is in there.

One may term Garrison magazine as "thought provoking" and I recommend it to others.

RM

19 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

I recommend any issue of Garrison magazine, a place where I find much useful information. At the same time I find myself disagreeing with many items and points of view in Garrison magazine, which is a small price to pay for the other great material that is in there.

One may term Garrison magazine as "thought provoking" and I recommend it to others.

RM

Robert, I respect that. I personally disagree with some conclusions of the writers - and I'm the one that edits it. But I never wanted it to be a mirror image of what I believe or what I like. The writers who have appeared are doing good, honest work, in my view, even when I do not agree with the conclusions. The important part to me is not that I agree with it; it's that it is challenging in some way to what is being taught in school textbooks and rote history classes. As a book buyer, I rarely buy something that I just feel is confirmation bias for what I already believe. I do want to be challenged in some way to expand what I might believe and to maybe change my mind on a few things. As long as it's challenging (or at least correcting) to the mainstream in some way that is smart, genuine, and knowledgeable, I'll use it. Thanks for the kind words. I do appreciate it.

Welcome, and I hope it sells out.

Its the only thing out there of its kind.