The Education Forum

Did Larry Flynt solve the mystery of the assassination?

• Cory Santos changed the title to Did Larry Flynt solve the mystery of the assassination?

Wow.

I did not know Larry Flynt put up that bounty. Awesome!

I did not keep up with the details of the Flynt shooting, so I looked up this retrospective: https://www.atlantamagazine.com/history/larry-flynt-shot-in-lawrenceville-ga-1978/

Shot while meeting with his defense lawyer in Lawrenceville, Georgia, preparing a defense due to obscenity charges brought in Gwinnett County. Practically my old stomping ground. Another violent racist, this one upset that Flynt depicted "interracial sex." So, Cory, it's really just like the MLK, Jr. assassination. Of course, violent racists might have been behind the Kennedy assassination, too.

Never mind that the authorities dropped the charges after the shooting. That makes perfect sense.

I never watched the Milos Forman film mentioned in the article, either, "The People Vs. Larry Flynt." I should like to, especially for what JFKA nuggets it might contain. Y'all would know if it did, I expect. The Atlanta Magazine article concludes with this:

[Flynt has] never pushed me [to prosecute]. When Huff initially presented this evidence, Flynt didn’t believe that Franklin did it—he thought the CIA did it. As far as I know, he never came back to Gwinnett County.

Edited by George Govus
too many toos

12 hours ago, Cory Santos said:

This was published in January 1978.  
Two months later in March  ….

Was this a “strange coincidence” which I refer to in my writings or something more?

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339362/

Cory - I see the ad (not new news to me) offering $million but don’t see anything implying that he solved the crime. 

6 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Cory - I see the ad (not new news to me) offering $million but don’t see anything implying that he solved the crime. 

He later said he felt the shooting was the work of a government agency.  My point is did his putting this ad out have anything to do with his shooting-as he suggested- or was it merely a “strange coincidence” he was shot weeks after the ad?   If yes then it is fair to say he solved the mystery of whether there was a conspiracy in that they tried to get him. If no, it was a “strange coincidence” then he did not solve it.   In other words, what happened to him either solved it or it did not solve it by drawing conspirators-if there were conspirators- out to attack him.    

Edited by Cory Santos