The Education Forum

Matt Cloud's compilation of Harvey & Lee related coincidences and some theories explaining them

Been watching this thread from the outside as it were and thought I would join in. 

There is Gardos-Blair correspondence that indicates that son John did go to Hungary in 1948.  For what that is worth.

https://archive.org/details/mss234fredandmarykeithblairpapersbox5folder232pages/Mss 234 Fred and Mary Keith Blair Papers Box 4 Folder 14 (7 pages)/page/n5/mode/2up?q=harvey

More significant however to the call which appears to have been made by Elizabeth Bentley to the Tippits in Connecticut -- although it was reported upon her death, the day after the FBI memo was written (!), that she lived by then in CT, not NY -- may be the fact that the Tippits of CT are actually from Texas.

image.png.91f69a5c1a903bb0076f67f9acf84ba1.png 

image.png.d8317dbe55e18038664dc2a88296d99b.png

GHDTTEVX0AA4jtK.png

Edited by Matt Cloud

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, Tina and J.D. (!) Tippet's son, in 1972 married the daughter of Lt. Col. James M. Kendrick, in Texas.  Kendrick had in the 1950s been with Van Braun on missile and orbiter programs, as well as having been stationed in Izmir, Turkey, from 1961-63, where the Jupiter missiles at issue during Cuban missile crisis were located.

image.jpeg.9d353583c88bef4563a5c4341c4a1bb1.jpeg

image.jpeg.691cda90443576bbf14fb4fbf792585d.jpeg

In addition, I would further suggest that the appearance of the report of the connection between the Tippets in CT with Tippets in TX in the Norwalk Hour is highly significant.  Norwalk, you see, is central to the entire Cold War caper, being home to a little remarked upon family called the McMahons.  In 1946, Virginia Alicia McMahon was cryptanalyst at Arlington Hall on VENONA.  In 1949, probably after we knew that the Soviets knew that we had broken their code, she married William J. Cotter of the FBI then of CIA and then of Postal Service, who had begun the mail-intercept program, which according to Dobrynin the Soviets were also aware of on 11/22/63.  Another sister in the McMahon family, Bernice McMahon married Alfred Boerum, the skipper of the African Queen, the ship which carried back the Bay of Pigs prisoners in 1963 after Donovan's negotiation.  Donovan of course had also secured Gary Powers' return.  A brother in the McMahon family, John Norman McMahon, joined CIA in 1951, was in Germany in '53, was admin director of COMOR and the U-2/CORONA programs in 1959.  (Think "Popov's mole".)  John N. McMahon became DDCI in 1982, at the same time that CT's Clair Boothe Luce became PFIAB chair of counter-intelligence.  Consider that an introduction.  I will have much more to say about all of this.

image.png.9e938e1151ee006f7e5589b23c3c43f3.png

image.jpeg.e2cc1e08136858abe31a05e26e49a805.jpeg

Edited by Matt Cloud

"Boothe was nothing but a tool of the Jesuits!"

Now -- how did Daniel P. Moynihan on 11/22/63 know "We must get a hold of Oswald?"  

The entire puzzle more or less comes down to that question.

image.jpeg.c7e590d3e7d5947254284ee540110cf2.jpeg

Now, as to Yorkville, that was the headquarters of the Hungarian Federation of the Workers Party, and "J. Peters" aka "Sándor Goldberger," " a party 'enforcer' who at one time headed the CPUSA's secret apparatus, and was involved in clandestine Soviet intelligence activities in the U.S., until his deportation to Hungary in 1948.  He was defended by John Abt, whom of course it is alleged Oswald called from the Dallas jail.

During the Hiss case, "In 1948, under subpoena before HUAC, Whittaker Chambers named Abt among members of the Ware Group. Abt refused to give testimony.

(In 1996, it became known that Abt was referenced in Venona decrypts #588 KGB New York to Moscow, 29 April 1944 and #687 KGB New York to Moscow, 13 May 1944.")

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Abt

"In the KGB files, Peters was “Storm” and very active with the Washington spy ring that included Whittaker Chambers, Alger Hiss, Elizabeth Bentley and Victor Perlo. Peters acted as a talent scout for the Soviet agencies, drawing on party members and “friends.” This put him into the turf battles between the KGB and GRU, the military intelligence agency, for the material Soviet spies turned up."

https://www.washingtondecoded.com/site/2011/05/the-spy-who-never-came-in-from-the-cold.html

5 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

More significant however to the call which appears to have been made by Elizabeth Bentley to the Tippits in Connecticut -- although it was reported upon her death, the day after the FBI memo was written (!), that she lived by then in CT, not NY -- may be the fact that the Tippits of CT are actually from Texas.

Christina "Tina" Tippit Brown's obituary states that she began her writing career at Texas Tech University, which is located in the city of Lubbock. Her husband Jack D Tippit also went to the same university. She told me that she never met the Tippits but said that they could be distant relatives.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/westport-news/name/christina-brown-obituary?id=8400563

1 hour ago, John Kowalski said:

Christina "Tina" Tippit Brown's obituary states that she began her writing career at Texas Tech University, which is located in the city of Lubbock. Her husband Jack D Tippit also went to the same university. She told me that she never met the Tippits but said that they could be distant relatives.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/westport-news/name/christina-brown-obituary?id=8400563

Christina Tippet Brown was born Christina Eller.  In Texas.  Jack Dempsey Tippit is also from Texas.  They were married in Lubbock, TX.  The 1963 FBI report, as well as the Norwalk Hour article from 11/25/63 apparently, both state that J.D. Tippet in CT is a "distant relative" and the memo says that that is what Tina Tippet told the caller at the time.  I realize Tina Tippet in her conversation with you denies meeting the TX J.D. Tippet and his supposed wife Marie.  I am not aware of any birth record for the Texas J.D. Tippit, or any confirmation as to his actual given names.  (It was not "Jefferson Davis" and no, it could not have been just "J.D.".)  In addition, I would point out that Marie Tippit's brother, Robert Gasway, or is it Gazzaway?, was involved with the Flying Tigers, run more or less by Marie Chennault and Claire Booth Luce, both I think out of the Westport area in CT at one time or another.  

I don't think you're understanding the ramifications of the Bentley call.  Somebody may have sold Bentley out -- she was dead merely days later -- and that somebody could have been the Tippets of CT.  Likewise, the call could have been intercepted by ... the US Justice Department? Robert F. Kennedy was in fact running a wiretap program with the CIA against columnists Allen & Scott, possibly others -- the actual Project Mockingbird, not what Carl Bernstein wrote about in 1977. 

BTW, might RFK have wanted Oswald silenced after 11/22?  Something to think about.

In any case, Tina Tippet, the model, playwright, and all around society dame of CT, possibly sold out Elizabeth bentley and probably also obscured her relationship to the Tippets/Gasways in Texas, among other things.  

Edited by Matt Cloud

In addition, as I posted on page 4 of this thread, Tina Tippet's son, who died in 1980, married -- in Lubbock, Texas -- a girl Kendrick, the daughter of a USAF Lt. Col, who had in the 50s been involved in the overhead reconnaissance programs -- CORONA, U2, AQUATONE, as well as having been stationed in Turkey in 1962 at the AFB where the Jupiter missiles at issue in Cuban missile crisis were located. 

Now, as to the goings-on surrounding the young Lee Harvey Oswald(s) in the 1940s, in NY, TX and elsewhere, Marguerite Ekdahl's 1944 diary, which Edwin Albert Ekdahl's attorney Fred Korth -- Navy Secretary under JFK after Connally -- demanded be returned in their 1948 divorce proceeding, may shed some light.

WC, p. 786: https://www.google.com/books/edition/Investigation_of_the_Assassination_of_Pr/n7hFAQAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=Ekdahl+fred+korth+"1944+diary"&pg=PA786&printsec=frontcover

Edited by Matt Cloud
typos

You might be interested to know that J.D. Tippit's brother, btw, the J.D. from Connecticut I mean, had a brother Wayne, who was an actor, and played an FBI agent in Stone's JFK.  The alleged J.D. Tippet boy -- the one from Texas I mean now,  Charles Allen Tippet, was a spitting image of Wayne, the Hollywood actor, the brother of the CT J.D. Tippet. 

At the most basic level, for now, the point is this: The Tippet's of CT are much closer to TX than they have let on and they are much closer to covert operations (AF reconnaissance certainly and possibly too the Flying Tigers, eg) than they have let on.  

Edited by Matt Cloud

34 minutes ago, Matt Cloud said:

"I don't think you're understanding the ramifications of the Bentley call.  Somebody may have sold Bentley out -- she was dead merely days later -- that somebody could have been the Tippets of CT."

If this is correct, that the Tippets of CT sold out Elizabeth Bentley, I would not have put any faith in Tina Tippet explaining to you John Kowalski any more than what was already in the 1963 FBI report.  And all the more now, since Tina Tippet is deceased.