The Education Forum

Excerpt of the KIXL-Radio live broadcast done on November 22, 1963.

Thanks for the clip, Denis. (The clip you posted above, however, has to be from Saturday, November 23rd, not the 22nd. Because I believe I'm correct in saying that the police didn't find the backyard photo until sometime on Saturday.)

Also....

If you, Denis, have got links or have access to any of the complete WRR, KSKY, KVIL, or KIXL 1963 radio material that the National Archives told you five years ago was going to be digitized soon [see THIS 2019 THREAD], please let me know. I'd love to add that material to my own sites. I keep checking the NARA site for those audio files, but I haven't been able to find them---yet.

Did you find them on the NARA site?

Edited by David Von Pein

Both KVIL and KIXL are coming from NARA II. They were sent to me in error, actually. NARA's policy is that if an audio is on the shelves that are available to researchers, then they can not make copies for them. When I placed my order, the NARA person thought that the audio was not publicly available, when they were. I could have gotten the first reels of WRR, but the person who was supposed to take care of them no longer works for NARA. I waited too long before contacting NARA for an update. 

What I find strange is that all the KVIL audio that they have add up to 11:51, but a 1964 SS document indicates that KVIL reported to them that they have an hour of audio... 

As for KIXL, they told the SS they have 90 minutes. NARA has 2 hours. 

I no longer do free sharing. I am now charging. It cost me airplane, hotel, Uber transportation. Most people would not even give me $2 to access my whole audio collection. If they want it, they can book their airplane to Washington and hotel online.

Has anyone made another go at enhancing the tapes of the Buell Frazier HSCA interviews. Some other attempts were borderline bizarre. I asked him about it at a Lancer conference and he confidently denied the rendition.

Stu

3 minutes ago, Stu Wexler said:

Has anyone made another go at enhancing the tapes of the Buell Frazier HSCA interviews. Some other attempts were borderline bizarre. I asked him about it at a Lancer conference and he confidently denied the rendition.

Stu

I gave up on enhancing these Frazier tapes. The quality is horrible. The best would be that NARA grabs the original that they probably have in storage in the basement and digitize them. 

On 3/22/2024 at 9:30 PM, David Von Pein said:

The clip you posted above, however, has to be from Saturday, November 23rd, not the 22nd. Because I believe I'm correct in saying that the police didn't find the backyard photo until sometime on Saturday.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:32 AM, Denis Morissette said:

I think you are correct about Saturday. I'll check my papers.

Albuquerque-New-Mexico-Newspaper-Front-P

Another KIXL excerpt, this time from Love Field after AF1 departed. It's cool to hear for the first time a police siren in such clarity. It is heard at Love Field. The reporter is Clate Holm who was also at the Parkland Conference.

On 3/23/2024 at 12:24 AM, Denis Morissette said:

I no longer do free sharing. I am now charging. It cost me airplane, hotel, Uber transportation. Most people would not even give me $2 to access my whole audio collection. If they want it, they can book their airplane to Washington and hotel online.

So you'll take it to the grave with you.  Atta boy.

That is an obscene offer.  You're finished.