The Education Forum

How to delete photos in locked threads.

If you find you cannot delete photos and free up attachment space because they are posted on a locked thread, do the following:

Contact an Administrative Staff member and ask him to follow instructions in the (hidden) post below in order to temporarily grant you permissions to remove photos from locked threads. (Only administrators can see that post.)

Once you have been granted permissions, follow the instructions in the second post of this thread.

Once you are finished deleting locked photos, contact the administrator again and let them know you are finished. He will remove your temporary permissions.

Special Instructions for Deleting Photos in Locked Threads

The procedure for deleting photos in a locked thread differs from the standard procedure.

Once a member has been granted permissions to delete photos in locked threads, he should follow these instructions for deleting those photos:

1. Navigate to the My Attachments page of the website. (This is done by clicking My Attachments in the main menu.)
  2. To the right of each attached photo is a little square check box. Check this box for each photo in the locked thread that you'd like to delete.
  3. Upon checking one or more check boxes, a black menu will appear at the bottom of the window. Click the trashcan in the menu to delete all the selected photos.
  4. Once you are finished deleting locked photos, contact the Administrator again and notify him of this fact, so that he can remove from your account permissions to delete locked photos.

3 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

This thread is for my Forum Tips & Tricks. It will gradually fade away from the front pages of the forum.

(This post to be deleted.)

Consider yourself contacted, Sandy.  I'd like to delete attachments on the 56 years thread.

Now what?

5 minutes ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Consider yourself contacted, Sandy.  I'd like to delete attachments on the 56 years thread.

Now what?

Will you do me a big favor, Cliff?

I'm trying to teach Ron Bulman the ropes. Would you ask him to help you? That way we can test my instructions, and at the same time train Ron.

Thanks.

I'll help out if Ron can't. But Ron's a bright guy and I think he'll have no trouble doing this.