The Education Forum

Absolutely Provably Fake Photograph Of Officer Valentine On 6th Floor

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Your source indicates the photo is from November 26, 1963. What would be the purpose of faking this photograph?

Yes. I noticed that. I assume that to be the date of the faking and not of the original photo. Are you asking me to speculate about the purpose? I can speculate, if that's what you want me to do.

Good reason to fake-place Valentine on the 6th floor.  According to his response to the questioning of every patrolman re where he was on 11/22/63 in the hour after the assassination, he wrote that he had been posted on the fifth floor.  This,  after entering the building with Insp. Sawyer & Sgt. Hill in response to Dealey officers (Harkness and Patrolman LL Hill) claiming that witnesses saw shooting from that floor.  Sawyer, however, apparently stayed downstairs.

I am guessing that if the photo was faked, it was to disprove Earline Roberts claim that a police car was outside 1026 N. Beckley while Oswald was in his room. Am I right?

When did first Roberts make the claim about the police car? The earliest reference I see is November 29, 1963. Was there an earlier reference?

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339485/m1/1/

The photo appears to be taken in front of the west wall of the TSBD based on the arrow pointing to the right toward the stairs which are located in the northwest corner of the building. If the photo was faked, they took care to get the shadows on the boxes correct for early to mid-afternoon sun for late November.

https://www.suncalc.org/#/32.778,-96.7962,10/1963.11.22/13:35/1/3

What is the source of the photo of the same window that is not faked used for comparison?

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 10:48 PM, Donald Willis said:

Good reason to fake-place Valentine on the 6th floor.  According to his response to the questioning of every patrolman re where he was on 11/22/63 in the hour after the assassination, he wrote that he had been posted on the fifth floor.  This,  after entering the building with Insp. Sawyer & Sgt. Hill in response to Dealey officers (Harkness and Patrolman LL Hill) claiming that witnesses saw shooting from that floor.  Sawyer, however, apparently stayed downstairs.

Edited by Richard Bertolino

Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 11:00 PM, Kevin Balch said:

I am guessing that if the photo was faked, it was to disprove Earline Roberts claim that a police car was outside 1026 N. Beckley while Oswald was in his room. Am I right?

When did first Roberts make the claim about the police car? The earliest reference I see is November 29, 1963. Was there an earlier reference?

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth339485/m1/1/

The photo appears to be taken in front of the west wall of the TSBD based on the arrow pointing to the right toward the stairs which are located in the northwest corner of the building. If the photo was faked, they took care to get the shadows on the boxes correct for early to mid-afternoon sun for late November.

https://www.suncalc.org/#/32.778,-96.7962,10/1963.11.22/13:35/1/3

What is the source of the photo of the same window that is not faked used for comparison?

more to say

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 3:38 AM, Andrej Stancak said:

Can it be just a photographic noise causing the differences in the window grill? Magnifying details in old photographs can produce some strange effects. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Richard Bertolino said:

Of course, you didn't need me to speculate. The implication is obvious. The comparison window comes from a photo of Valentine attributed to William Allen, supposedly taken on the 22nd https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth184777/?q=valentine texas school book  Earlene Roberts first mentioned car 207 to the FBI on 11-29-63, as far as I know. Hugh Aynesworth worked hard to discredit her, and people seem to prefer quoting what she said months later to the Warren Commission, for reasons I do not understand. Her earliest car number was 207.

But as of November 26 when the photo was taken or faked, there was no need for an alibi which would have been deemed necessary 3 days later on November 29.

I think I can explain the apparent anomalies in the window frame. The anomaly in the vertical section is actually a piece of the box in front. You can see another protruding piece of the box at the corner. The anomaly in horizontal section is blocked in one of the photos because it was taken from a position where it was hidden from sight since the window was recessed.

Edited by Kevin Balch

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 10:36 AM, Kevin Balch said:

But as of November 26 when the photo was taken or faked, there was no need for an alibi which would have been deemed necessary 3 days later on November 29.

21 hours ago, Richard Bertolino said:

That would be a good reason if he really was posted to the 5th floor.

Sawyer was informed by the dispatcher that the shooting had come from the 4th or 5th floor.  He entered the building, as he testified, with a couple of officers.  Sgt Hill testified that he was one of the two officers, and he had come to the TSBD with Valentine.  Hill and Sawyer were apparently detoured by news of the discovery of a suspect on the 3rd floor.  Hill  apparently then continued on up, either with or after Valentine, leaving Sawyer on the ground floor.  The original goal of 4th or 5th floor was then achieved, at least by Valentine, as per his report, which was apparently not vetted by the conspirators, who had helped Sawyer & Hill  rework their stories, but had forgotten about Valentine, by the time of his report.  The C's would not have wanted any suggestion of a report of shooting from the 5th floor.  Hence, the "magical" transformation of the 5th floor into the 6th floor. done apparently without Valentine's help, or he would not later have reported "5th floor"...

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 11:44 PM, Donald Willis said:

Sawyer was informed by the dispatcher that the shooting had come from the 4th or 5th floor.  He entered the building, as he testified, with a couple of officers.  Sgt Hill testified that he was one of the two officers, and he had come to the TSBD with Valentine.  Hill and Sawyer were apparently detoured by news of the discovery of a suspect on the 3rd floor.  Hill  apparently then continued on up, either with or after Valentine, leaving Sawyer on the ground floor.  The original goal of 4th or 5th floor was then achieved, at least by Valentine, as per his report, which was apparently not vetted by the conspirators, who had helped Sawyer & Hill  rework their stories, but had forgotten about Valentine, by the time of his report.  The C's would not have wanted any suggestion of a report of shooting from the 5th floor.  Hence, the "magical" transformation of the 5th floor into the 6th floor. done apparently without Valentine's help, or he would not later have reported "5th floor"...

Posted (edited)

I still don’t agree with your thesis but I have to admit that I can’t explain this part of the photo. Is there a photography expert that can explain the “bleed over” that overlaps the pillar?

Edited by Kevin Balch