The Education Forum

Absolutely Provably Fake Photograph Of Officer Valentine On 6th Floor

On 5/1/2024 at 11:00 PM, Kevin Balch said:

I am guessing that if the photo was faked, it was to disprove Earline Roberts claim that a police car was outside 1026 N. Beckley while Oswald was in his room. Am I right?

You're wrong. Faked by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram? :) 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/3/2024 at 12:09 PM, Richard Bertolino said:

You don't need to be an expert to see that the light was photographically put into the windows...by some hack who did a lousy job. You have no explanation. I do.

By Roscoe White? :) 

7 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

You're wrong. Faked by the Fort Worth Star-Telegram? :) 

If you carefully followed the discussion, you would see I don’t believe the photo was faked. I do see some strange effects that I can’t explain but I believe can be explained by someone well versed in film photography as non-sinister. I was trying to figure out why it would need to be faked. It still hasn’t been explained to me why a photo dated November 26, 1963 would need to be faked to account for information that was first revealed on November 29, 1963. I’m still not sure. 

8 minutes ago, Kevin Balch said:

If you carefully followed the discussion, you would see I don’t believe the photo was faked. I do see some strange effects that I can’t explain but I believe can be explained by someone well versed in film photography as non-sinister. I was trying to figure out why it would need to be faked. It still hasn’t been explained to me why a photo dated November 26, 1963 would need to be faked to account for information that was first revealed on November 29, 1963. I’m still not sure. 

You are correct. I apologize.

36 minutes ago, Denis Morissette said:

You are correct. I apologize.

No problem. I am skeptical of any use of uniformed police officers in marked cars being used for a getaway. Cops in police cars always invite attention, exactly what you would NOT want in such a situation.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Richard Bertolino said:

Roscoe White was the only criminal who could fake photography in 1963?

Roscoe is the CTers’ favourite patsy. That’s why I mentioned him. 

Edited by Denis Morissette

2 hours ago, Richard Bertolino said:

Somebody said, "I do see some strange effects that I can’t explain but I believe can be explained by someone well versed in film photography as non-sinister." I have put this person on Education Forum ignore, so I did not see this immediately.

Doesn't this show a strong bias? How can this person "believe" that what are to him "unexplainable strange effects" can be explained as "non-sinister" by an expert? Doesn't this show an a priori bias against conspiracy, a willingness to dismiss evidence in favor of bias? How can such a person be reasoned with? Would an expert opinion make any difference if it differed from his bias? I think not.

No, it shows a realization that while faked evidence is not unheard of, it is extremely rare and the safe presumption is that the evidence is not faked until proven otherwise. Another way of saying extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. It keeps you from going going down blind alleys.

You, on the other hand, have come up with a theory (I think since you never explain exactly WHAT your theory is) and then fit the evidence to conform with your theory. You still have not explained WHY the photo would have been altered several days in advance of a witness statement suggested a need to alter the photo.

I am honored to be included in your “ignore” list.

On 5/7/2024 at 4:10 PM, Denis Morissette said:

It's a typo. It says the correct date down the page: Special Collections Identifier: 

AR406-6 11/22/1963 4816 env. 11

Denis, I have been trying to reconcile the light falling on the box below the DPD officer which looks to me like direct sunlight falling on it. That would mean the photo was taken early in the morning and so would not be from 11/22.
  However the double beam that lands to the right of the window indicates we are not even looking at the snipers window. Those double beams run east/west in videos of the museum. The small black pipes also run east west.  The window would have to be on the west side of the building which would explain the Sun's angle as an afternoon Sun. That would make sense for the photo being taken on the 22nd. Am I seeing this correctly?