The Education Forum

8 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

I was thinking of how he got across the border (each way) with the rifle.

That's kind of the tip of an iceberg.  As in the rifle overall.  

But yes, if Oswald went to Mexico, got on the bus ahead of the FBI agent who bought the next ticket how did he transport the rifle to Mexico then back to Dallas.  Even disassembled it wouldn't fit in a standard suitcase.  Why would he do such, take a chance on it being confiscated at the border, to show it off?  This all seems a bit ridiculous to me.  

The same applies if he didn't go to Mexico, I.E, straight from New Orleans to Dallas, as he told Ruth.  Hidden disassembled in a duffel bag carried in the cargo bays of a bus?  Not impossible, I guess.  Then stored initially at the YMCA.  Doubtful imo.

Which brings us to, no rifle for Oswald at all.  He never ordered it, or, if he did it was at the behest of others, and he never actually possessed it. 

I defer to David Joseph's, again. 

On 5/23/2024 at 8:36 PM, Ron Bulman said:

That's kind of the tip of an iceberg.  As in the rifle overall.  

But yes, if Oswald went to Mexico, got on the bus ahead of the FBI agent who bought the next ticket how did he transport the rifle to Mexico then back to Dallas.  Even disassembled it wouldn't fit in a standard suitcase.  Why would he do such, take a chance on it being confiscated at the border, to show it off?  This all seems a bit ridiculous to me.  

The same applies if he didn't go to Mexico, I.E, straight from New Orleans to Dallas, as he told Ruth.  Hidden disassembled in a duffel bag carried in the cargo bays of a bus?  Not impossible, I guess.  Then stored initially at the YMCA.  Doubtful imo.

Which brings us to, no rifle for Oswald at all.  He never ordered it, or, if he did it was at the behest of others, and he never actually possessed it. 

I defer to David Joseph's, again. 

As to the ownership etc of that rifle, recall that a Gerry Patrick Hemming employment application lists that he worked for Klein's Sporting Goods. That info is from a podcast I heard by Rob? and to whom that employment application was directed to I also don't recall.