The Education Forum

Do photos show Felipe Vidal Santiago as the Dark-Complected Man? And Roy Hargraves as the Umbrella Man?

Posted (edited)
I believe Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves are the best candidates for the Dark Complected Man and the Umbrella Man, respectively.  

My request?  Can we focus on these two men and try to rule them in or out? 

Any more good photos?

Felipe Vidal Santiago's background shows his links with people like Roy Hargraves, Bill Harvey, and Gen. Walker.

Here are James Richards' photos and writeup of Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves -

Photomontage supplied by James Richards

As of 1/1/59,  Vidal was chief of maritime police in Castro's government, defected in Caracas 3/7/60, arrived in US 8/9/60, sought asylum 4/8/61.

11/19/62 Vidal's friend Roy Hargraves is friend with consul general of Guatemala John Bonilla, also friends with old Nicaraguan - hired Roy to plant a firebomb.

In December 1962, Felipe Vidal Santiago had a meeting with a lawyer connected to a "Citizen's Committee to Free Cuba". He told Vidal about a conversation he had with Henry Cabot Lodge, who had been told by Walt Rostow, that John F. Kennedy was exploring "a plan to open a dialogue with Cuba." Vidal was furious about what he considered to be an act of betrayal and immediately told leaders of the anti-Castro community and his CIA contact, Colonel William Bishop. According to Dick Russell, Vidal was also "an information conduit for" General Edwin Walker.  http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKbishopW.htm

In late 63, Larry Hancock reports in Somebody Would Have Talked that Vidal was apparently driving the car at Walker's home that had the license plate punched out while in police custody, found in LHO's possessions.  The car belonged to Charles Klihr, one of Walker's associates.

Nov. 63?  Vidal was in Dallas, violating INS regulations.   Hemming's buddy Howard Davis reported that Vidal got back from Dallas on 11/11 after visiting Gen. Walker for five days.

Dec 63 - Vidal, head of the anti-Castro FULN, states he has loosely worked with Roy Hargraves for the past two years and gives Hargraves money.

Jan 64 - FBI found Vidal was one of John Martino's sources on Cuban matters.

In Jan 64 - Hargraves and others were heading to Cuba with an anti-tank gun previously hidden at Vidal's home when the boat exploded and caught fire.

The Vidal-Hargraves relationship was strong during this period, as was their attraction to violence.   Vidal was executed by the Cubans by mid-64 for his spying.   Hargraves went on to commit a series of violent acts throughout the 1960s, always in the margins.   He told Noel Twyman that he was in Dallas on 11/22, hoping to be remembered for various violent activities on that day.

Edited by Bill Simpich

• Bill Simpich changed the title to Do photos show Felipe Vidal Santiago as the Dark-Complected Man? And Roy Hargraves as the Umbrella Man?
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Hi Bill. We have Hargraves stating in his interview with Twyman that he and Vidal flew from Dallas to Miami on a private plane on the afternoon of November 22nd. I absolutely believe Vidal was Dark Complected Man.

For what it's worth, there was talk from people close to Vidal that Umbrella Man was Jerry Buchanan. Reading that Hargraves interview, I think Roy's mention of Black Dog Man is interesting. Perhaps as someone relaying a signal for the car bomb. Hargraves could indeed be UM. But I am also entertaining the idea that Buchanan was UM and Hargraves was BDM. To be clear, this is simply my speculation. By the way, does anyone know whatever happened to Jerry Buchanan? If he were alive and could be tracked down, that could get interesting.

Felipe Vidal Santiago https://tangodown63.com/vidal-santiago-felipe/

Roy Emory Hargraves https://tangodown63.com/hargraves-roy-emory/

Jerry Buchanan https://tangodown63.com/buchanan-jerry/

Edited by Greg Wagner
Edited for clarity.

Greg, do you have any thoughts on what it would take to get a good photoanalyst?

I believe the science has advanced to the point where analysts can photo ID large numbers of people in a stadium with good video footage.

We do have good film and photos of these individuals.

is the science ready?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bill Simpich said:

Greg, do you have any thoughts on what it would take to get a good photoanalyst?

That's an excellent idea, Bill. But I'm afraid I don't know the answer. Perhaps another forum member has some idea. 

Edited by Greg Wagner

1 hour ago, Matt Cloud said:

Have you considered Joannides, even perhaps in make-up?

Here he is March 1963 training Alpha-66.  Similar jacket, similar trousers. 

Hey wait -- is that George W. Bush he's talking to?

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/alpha-66-anti-castro-cuban-group-news-photo/50678364?

Is that George Joannides on the LEFT?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Matt Cloud said:

It appears so to me, YES.  

Scroll down this blog post until you get to the George Joannides/Bobby Ray Inman pic. JFK Records Suit Tests CIA Secrecy on Assassination (deepstateblog.org)

I live 9 houses down the street from Bobby Ray Inman in Austin, TX. I would not trust him further than I can pick him up and throw him. Inman, always personable, strikes me as someone who would lie through his teeth and he is very much an Establishment shill and will tend to their interests no matter what the truth is. This assessment is done on my personal dealings with Inman and I interviewed him once in 2009.

Edited by Robert Morrow

18 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

Scroll down this blog post until you get to the George Joannides/Bobby Ray Inman pic. JFK Records Suit Tests CIA Secrecy on Assassination (deepstateblog.org)

I live 9 houses down the street from Bobby Ray Inman in Austin, TX. I would not trust him further than I can pick him up and throw him. Inman, always personable, strikes me as someone who would lie through his teeth and he is very much an Establishment shill and will tend to their interests no matter what the truth is. This assessment is done on my personal dealings with Inman and I interviewed him once in 2009.

I didn't say anything about Inman here.  Why are you so bizarre?  Are you @BarrySealDeath on X?  It's the same schtick from both of you if you're not.

You have trouble following the issue.  I said that may be Joannides as DCM and added a picture I said was of him and Bush.  You asked whether Joannides was the guy on the LEFT.  I said yes.  Now you bring up all sorts of material from a Morley blog, none of which has anything to do with the issue.  And to top it off you act as though I've never interacted with you before any of this, whether here or, if you are @BarrySealDeath, on twitter.  It's like you have a hammer and every thing you see is a nail.  I've seen the few pictures of Joannides.  I maintain that the fellow on the beach is Joannides.  Do you wish to disagree?  Is that your point?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Matt Cloud said:

I didn't say anything about Inman here.  Why are you so bizarre?  Are you @BarrySealDeath on X?  It's the same schtick from both of you if you're not.

You have trouble following the issue.  I said that may be Joannides as DCM and added a picture I said was of him and Bush.  You asked whether Joannides was the guy on the LEFT.  I said yes.  Now you bring up all sorts of material from a Morley blog, none of which has anything to do with the issue.  And to top it off you act as though I've never interacted with you before any of this, whether here or, if you are @BarrySealDeath, on twitter.  It's like you have a hammer and every thing you see is a nail.  I've seen the few pictures of Joannides.  I maintain that the fellow on the beach is Joannides.  Do you wish to disagree?  Is that your point?

1) I am @BarrySeathDeath on Twitter/X.

2) I was merely trying to show you another picture of George Joannides on the Morley Blog.

3) The Inman information was merely side information. The CIA under Inman at #2 was giving George Joannides an award for doing things of great service for the CIA - i.e. help to cover up the JFK assassination during the HSCA stonewalling in the late 1970s.

4) I do think the fellow on the left of the picture you posted is George Joannides.

5) I do not think George Herbert Walker Bush is in that photo although he was very close to the anti-Castro Cubans and Bush even gave them "The Phantom" skull rings to build camaraderie.

6) No, I do not think George Joannides is DCM, know as "Dark Complected Man" and also Radio Man. DCM has never been identified which is very strange because almost all of the people that close to JFK at the moment of his death have been identified or they have come forward. Santiago might be a very good pick to be DCM or Radio Man.

7) Did it ever occur to you that there are readers of Education Forum who have not had the benefit of previous interactions between you and me, especially if they were on Twitter? I post for more their benefit not merely yours.

Edited by Robert Morrow

10 hours ago, Robert Morrow said:

7) Did it ever occur to you that there are readers of Education Forum who have not had the benefit of previous interactions between you and me, especially if they were on Twitter? I post for more their benefit not merely yours.

They owe you a big thank you. 

On 6/4/2024 at 4:06 AM, Bill Simpich said:
I believe Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves are the best candidates for the Dark Complected Man and the Umbrella Man, respectively.  

My request?  Can we focus on these two men and try to rule them in or out? 

Any more good photos?

Felipe Vidal Santiago's background shows his links with people like Roy Hargraves, Bill Harvey, and Gen. Walker.

Here are James Richards' photos and writeup of Felipe Vidal Santiago and Roy Hargraves -

Photomontage supplied by James Richards

As of 1/1/59,  Vidal was chief of maritime police in Castro's government, defected in Caracas 3/7/60, arrived in US 8/9/60, sought asylum 4/8/61.

11/19/62 Vidal's friend Roy Hargraves is friend with consul general of Guatemala John Bonilla, also friends with old Nicaraguan - hired Roy to plant a firebomb.

In December 1962, Felipe Vidal Santiago had a meeting with a lawyer connected to a "Citizen's Committee to Free Cuba". He told Vidal about a conversation he had with Henry Cabot Lodge, who had been told by Walt Rostow, that John F. Kennedy was exploring "a plan to open a dialogue with Cuba." Vidal was furious about what he considered to be an act of betrayal and immediately told leaders of the anti-Castro community and his CIA contact, Colonel William Bishop. According to Dick Russell, Vidal was also "an information conduit for" General Edwin Walker.  http://spartacus-educational.com/JFKbishopW.htm

In late 63, Larry Hancock reports in Somebody Would Have Talked that Vidal was apparently driving the car at Walker's home that had the license plate punched out while in police custody, found in LHO's possessions.  The car belonged to Charles Klihr, one of Walker's associates.

Nov. 63?  Vidal was in Dallas, violating INS regulations.   Hemming's buddy Howard Davis reported that Vidal got back from Dallas on 11/11 after visiting Gen. Walker for five days.

Dec 63 - Vidal, head of the anti-Castro FULN, states he has loosely worked with Roy Hargraves for the past two years and gives Hargraves money.

Jan 64 - FBI found Vidal was one of John Martino's sources on Cuban matters.

In Jan 64 - Hargraves and others were heading to Cuba with an anti-tank gun previously hidden at Vidal's home when the boat exploded and caught fire.

The Vidal-Hargraves relationship was strong during this period, as was their attraction to violence.   Vidal was executed by the Cubans by mid-64 for his spying.   Hargraves went on to commit a series of violent acts throughout the 1960s, always in the margins.   He told Noel Twyman that he was in Dallas on 11/22, hoping to be remembered for various violent activities on that day.

The best candidate for "Dark Complected Man" or "Radio Man" that I can think of is Felipe Vidal Santiago, which does not mean he was actually DCM. But he is a good pick. The role of Dark Complected Man or Radio Man was to act as a spotter for snipers behind the picket fence on the Grassy Knoll. The reason I know that, is that if you look at the sequence of photos of Dark Complected Man, you will see he literally was standing in the street as JFK's limo was approaching and he was clutching his right hand into a fist which he held directly in front of his stomach - directly behind him - maybe 45 yards to the rear, was the picket fence of the Grassy Knoll. As JFK's limo approached Dark Complected Man raises his right hand high and opens the fist into a flat hand. This is visible to snipers behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll and it means "JFK is here and he still needs a kill shot to the head."

Umbrella Man, however really was Louie Steven Witt who testified before the HSCA. He had absolutely no involvement in the JFK assassination; he was merely there to mock John Kennedy with the Neville Chamberlain umbrella.

When DAVID LIFTON was still alive he told me about the time that he, David Lifton, had contacted the dental office that served Louie Steven Witt. They said that Witt would come to his dental appointments and freely admit being "Umbrella Man" and as far as they could tell, this was not an act.

Don't ask me how David Lifton found the dentist for Louie Steven Witt, because I do not know ... Umbrella man (JFK assassination) - Wikipedia

56 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

The best candidate for "Dark Complected Man" or "Radio Man" that I can think of is Felipe Vidal Santiago, which does not mean he was actually DCM. But he is a good pick. The role of Dark Complected Man or Radio Man was to act as a spotter for snipers behind the picket fence on the Grassy Knoll. The reason I know that, is that if you look at the sequence of photos of Dark Complected Man, you will see he literally was standing in the street as JFK's limo was approaching and he was clutching his right hand into a fist which he held directly in front of his stomach - directly behind him - maybe 45 yards to the rear, was the picket fence of the Grassy Knoll. As JFK's limo approached Dark Complected Man raises his right hand high and opens the fist into a flat hand. This is visible to snipers behind the fence on the Grassy Knoll and it means "JFK is here and he still needs a kill shot to the head."

Umbrella Man, however really was Louie Steven Witt who testified before the HSCA. He had absolutely no involvement in the JFK assassination; he was merely there to mock John Kennedy with the Neville Chamberlain umbrella.

When DAVID LIFTON was still alive he told me about the time that he, David Lifton, had contacted the dental office that served Louie Steven Witt. They said that Witt would come to his dental appointments and freely admit being "Umbrella Man" and as far as they could tell, this was not an act.

Don't ask me how David Lifton found the dentist for Louie Steven Witt, because I do not know ... Umbrella man (JFK assassination) - Wikipedia

George,

Thank you for your posts.

If I may be so curious, what is your opinion as the best candidate to have been the UM - Hargraves or Witt (or anyone else, for that matter)?

Over the years, I have viewed many images/video of the both, and personally, I vacillate between the two, depending upon color or not, clarity, distance, angle, etc.  I used to lean somewhat toward Witt. 

But, given the seeming issues of his testimony before the HSCA, I have pause about that.  Undoubtedly, you are more knowledgeable about that testimony.

If anyone can find an unbiased "certified" analyst who could undertake the analysis and with more certainty that we have now, I'd be willing to contribute, financially!

Thanks again.

3 minutes ago, Ron Ege said:

George,

Thank you for your posts.

If I may be so curious, what is your opinion as the best candidate to have been the UM - Hargraves or Witt (or anyone else, for that matter)?

Over the years, I have viewed many images/video of the both, and personally, I vacillate between the two, depending upon color or not, clarity, distance, angle, etc.  I used to lean somewhat toward Witt. 

But, given the seeming issues of his testimony before the HSCA, I have pause about that.  Undoubtedly, you are more knowledgeable about that testimony.

If anyone can find an unbiased "certified" analyst who could undertake the analysis and with more certainty that we have now, I'd be willing to contribute, financially!

Thanks again.

I think that Louie Steven Witt was indeed Umbrella Man - none of his friends or family ever came forward and said that he was not down at Dealey Plaza at the moment JFK was killed. He probably tons of people over the years that he was at Dealey Plaza. Nobody who ever knew Louie Steven Witt ever came forward to say this man is lying about being Umbrella Man and he is lying about being present at Dealey Plaza.

I also think that Louie Steven Witt had absolutely NOTHING do to with the JFK assassination unlike DARK COMPLECTED MAN, aka RADIO MAN who as a spotter was up to his eyeballs in the JFK assassination.

True Story of the Umbrella Man at the JFK Assassination in 'Umbrella Academy' Season 2 (townandcountrymag.com)

14 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

I think that Louie Steven Witt was indeed Umbrella Man - none of his friends or family ever came forward and said that he was not down at Dealey Plaza at the moment JFK was killed. He probably tons of people over the years that he was at Dealey Plaza. Nobody who ever knew Louie Steven Witt ever came forward to say this man is lying about being Umbrella Man and he is lying about being present at Dealey Plaza.

I also think that Louie Steven Witt had absolutely NOTHING do to with the JFK assassination unlike DARK COMPLECTED MAN, aka RADIO MAN who as a spotter was up to his eyeballs in the JFK assassination.

True Story of the Umbrella Man at the JFK Assassination in 'Umbrella Academy' Season 2 (townandcountrymag.com)

Robert,

Thank you for your input; I will incorporate it!

I am here to learn anything/everything that I can.

Thanks again.