The Education Forum

Hosty notes of a Ruth Paine interview?

Greg Doudna

Does anyone know about the second and third of the below? My computer says it is unable to open these files due to lack of an application. Can anyone else access these files and give either a screenshot or a transcription? Thanks. 

From https://web.archive.org/web/20001017101248/http://www.redacted.com/i_lhofbi.htm.

~ ~ ~ start copy and paste ~ ~ ~

Investigation - Oswald and the FBI

11/22/63 James Hosty's Notes from his Oswald Interview[max]
These notes were discovered by Hosty and turned over to the ARRB in 1996. Hosty had previously said they had been destoryed. These notes mention Oswald's involvement with the FPCC, his USMC marksmenship, and other rifles seen in the TSBD on 11/20/63.
11/23/63 James Hosty Notes from his Ruth Paine Interview Page 1[max]
These notes were discovered by Hosty and turned over to the ARRB in 1996. Hosty had previously said they had been destoryed. These notes mention the Hidell alias and its connection to the FPCC and the 3/20/63 ordering of the rifle. Also mentioned are Oswald's coming to the Paine house the night before the assassination and his leaving New Orleans in September and returning to Dallas in October.
11/23/63 James Hosty Notes from his Ruth Paine Interview Page 2[max]
These notes were discovered by Hosty and turned over to the ARRB in 1996. Hosty had previously said they had been destoryed. These notes mention Oswald geeting the job at the TSBD in October, his leaving Dallas in April, and his work at Jaggars.

~ ~ ~ end copy and paste ~ ~ ~ 

I´ll try to convert the max files to pdf or a pict format tonight. Don´t know why they are in the max format btw, some kind of error in the scanning I would think.  Not sure if it´ll work  but I´ll try.  Do you think they are actual notes (like the better known first)

Did you only change the ext (.max to .pdf) ? Because that will not work IMO.  You have to install another prog first, downl and convert, or save as.. etc.

There´s a good free prog out there somewhere but I don´t remember the name.  Will look tonight. There are others, but not sure they´ll work.

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

1 hour ago, Claude Barnabe said:

When I sign in I can see the files but when signed out they are unavailable; anyone with insight please.

Were you able to see/read the content? 

As long as the pdf icon doesn´t show as well it won´t work I think. The basic file .max is not directly compatible with .pdf you´ll need a program to convert it.  But, we don´t know even know what´s in the basic file, could be a picture, a txt,.... no telling.  Trial and error will have to do it I guess (and not even sure if that works in the end).

Somebody, sometime uploaded something as a max file..

Jean, I used the Kofax Paperport to convert the max file to pdf. That worked fine. I can read the files on my computer and when I sign in to the forum. But try to read them as a guest the file becomes unavailable. I think it's a permission issue. I've contacted forum admin.

14 hours ago, Greg Doudna said:

Does anyone know about the second and third of the below? My computer says it is unable to open these files due to lack of an application. Can anyone else access these files and give either a screenshot or a transcription? Thanks. 

From https://web.archive.org/web/20001017101248/http://www.redacted.com/i_lhofbi.htm.

~ ~ ~ start copy and paste ~ ~ ~

Investigation - Oswald and the FBI

11/22/63 James Hosty's Notes from his Oswald Interview[max]
These notes were discovered by Hosty and turned over to the ARRB in 1996. Hosty had previously said they had been destoryed. These notes mention Oswald's involvement with the FPCC, his USMC marksmenship, and other rifles seen in the TSBD on 11/20/63.
11/23/63 James Hosty Notes from his Ruth Paine Interview Page 1[max]
These notes were discovered by Hosty and turned over to the ARRB in 1996. Hosty had previously said they had been destoryed. These notes mention the Hidell alias and its connection to the FPCC and the 3/20/63 ordering of the rifle. Also mentioned are Oswald's coming to the Paine house the night before the assassination and his leaving New Orleans in September and returning to Dallas in October.
11/23/63 James Hosty Notes from his Ruth Paine Interview Page 2[max]
These notes were discovered by Hosty and turned over to the ARRB in 1996. Hosty had previously said they had been destoryed. These notes mention Oswald geeting the job at the TSBD in October, his leaving Dallas in April, and his work at Jaggars.

~ ~ ~ end copy and paste ~ ~ ~ 

I could open them and read them. The one thing that stuck out was that when first speaking to Hosty after the shooting Ruth told Hosty Oswald was not violent. I think that is significant seeing as so many have tried to make out that those who knew Lee thought he was physically abusive to Marina. Ruth said no such thing.