The Education Forum

Give Peace A Chance

On 7/17/2024 at 6:00 PM, Mark Ulrik said:

This thread will eventually be moved to a more appropriate forum, right?

I was going to ask the same thing.

Let's see if these new Mods are hypocrites.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

I was going to ask the same thing.

Let's see if these new Mods are hypocrites.

Bill,

I notice that you have posted a lot of negative, derogatory comments since joining the forum in 2022-- e.g., criticizing author Joseph McBride and the moderators-- but I can't find any biographical information about you.

Can you post some biographical details about yourself and your reasons for joining the forum in the Biography/Introductions section?

Are you a self-professed Lone Nutter, like Mark Ulrik? 

What kind of work do you do, and do you have a military background?

8 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Bill,

I notice that you have posted a lot of negative, derogatory comments since joining the forum in 2022-- e.g., criticizing author Joseph McBride and the moderators-- but I can't find any biographical information about you.

Can you post some biographical details about yourself and your reasons for joining the forum in the Biography/Introductions section?

Are you a self-professed Lone Nutter, like Mark Ulrik? 

What kind of work do you do, and do you have a military background?

I've made VERY few (two or three maybe?) posts criticizing Mods here.  There's no need for you to exaggerate. 

But, what does any of that have to do with this thread being derailed while not being moved like other threads have?

Edited by Bill Brown

9 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

I've made VERY few (two or three maybe?) posts criticizing Mods here.  There's no need for you to exaggerate. 

But, what does any of that have to do with this thread being derailed while not being moved like other threads have?

Bill,

Please answer my questions, and post some biographical details about yourself.

As for the thread, as we discussed, (above) it began as a response to the DiEugenio essays about "JFK and the Neocons," and the trajectory of modern U.S. military history after 11/22/63-- geopolitical ramifications of JFK's assassination.

3 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Bill,

Please answer my questions, and post some biographical details about yourself.

As for the thread, as we discussed, (above) it began as a response to the DiEugenio essays about "JFK and the Neocons," and the trajectory of modern U.S. military history after 11/22/63-- geopolitical ramifications of JFK's assassination.

But the thread has been derailed.  Other derailed threads get moved.

8 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

But the thread has been derailed.  Other derailed threads get moved.

Bill,

Many forum members here are intellectually and artistically curious.  I would characterize this John Lennon  thread as intellectual/social history related to JFK's murder, Vietnam, the military industrial complex, and the counter culture of the late 60s and early 70s.

Meanwhile, who are you, why are you here, and why is your face hidden in your forum photo?

7 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Bill,

Many forum members here are intellectually and artistically curious.  I would characterize this John Lennon  thread as intellectual/social history related to JFK's murder, Vietnam, the military industrial complex, and the counter culture of the late 60s and early 70s.

Meanwhile, who are you, why are you here, and why is your face hidden in your forum photo?

However you choose to characterize this thread, it has turned into one about religion.

Anyway...

For roughly two years, I used a "shoulders up" photo of myself.  Recently, I changed it to the current photo of me down in the Dallas Police basement where Oswald was shot.  If you go to my profile and click on the photo, my face clearly is not "hidden".

I don't owe you any further explanations.

10 minutes ago, Bill Brown said:

However you choose to characterize this thread, it has turned into one about religion.

Anyway...

For roughly two years, I used a "shoulders up" photo of myself.  Recently, I changed it to the current photo of me down in the Dallas Police basement where Oswald was shot.  If you go to my profile and click on the photo, my face clearly is not "hidden".

I don't owe you any further explanations.

Bill,

This is not a forum for anonymous t-r-o-l-l-s, and the forum administration has the authority to request and review biographical information about applicants and members.

Most members do this when they join, but you, apparently, did not introduce yourself.