The Education Forum

Would a President Harris Open Up the JFK Records?

The presidential race looks very tight, and it is valid to wonder what a Harris Presidency would look like.

Of keen interest in the EF-JFKA, is "How would President Harris treat the JFK Records?"

Presently, the Biden Administration, led by AG Merrick Garland, is defending what appears to be an illegal snuff job on the JFK Records, and its creation of the Orwellian "Transparency Board." Before release of a document, the "CIA may conduct a risk assessment," according to Biden Administration public statements. 

The Mary Ferrell Foundation has mounted a legal challenge to the Biden Administration's treatment of the JFK Records, but the complexities of the case are beyond me. I guess it is fair to say the case, and related appeals and additional governmental chicanery and stalling, could drag on for years.

My take is it will take a US President flatly ordering, and very publicly so, all JFK Records and related records be released, or we will never see the records. 

Could Harris break with the Biden Administration? Breaks sometimes happen...LBJ famously drastically altered several US policies post-JFKA. 

Curiously, as a novice Senator, Harris was appointed to the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, which was created in 1992 to oversee the US intel sector. 

My guess is that Harris will extend the Biden Administration policies regarding the JFK Records, but hey, maybe others have different points of view. 

Let’s see… Biden campaign managers propose early debate with Trump. Disastrous outcome from debate results in removal of Biden from the campaign and replacing him with Harris. All the Biden campaign managers who made the unforced error and who were largely spared any criticism are now with the Harris campaign.

https://ballotpedia.org/Kamala_Harris_presidential_campaign_staff,_2024

I’m sure they had absolutely no idea how bad Biden’s mental decline was until the debate or even back before the primaries.

Since the change was made for the good of the nation, I expect we will see all sorts of JFK documents released.

I also note that in April, Biden reportedly warned Netanyahu not to escalate Israel’s retaliation against Iran for the ineffective drone/missile attack on Israel and to “Take the win” or “You’re on your own” and a month later the debate is proposed. Doesn’t prove anything and may really be a coincidence. But it is interesting.

I can’t imagine anyone being so loyal to or enamored of Harris as to stage a coup d’ etat (which is what this was).

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

Yes. I'm absolutely certain that she would. You can take that to the bank.

Why do you say that? Kamala is such a creature of the Establishment and they are not known for easy transparency on the JFK assassination.

3 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Let’s see… Biden campaign managers propose early debate with Trump. Disastrous outcome from debate results in removal of Biden from the campaign and replacing him with Harris. All the Biden campaign managers who made the unforced error and who were largely spared any criticism are now with the Harris campaign.

https://ballotpedia.org/Kamala_Harris_presidential_campaign_staff,_2024

I’m sure they had absolutely no idea how bad Biden’s mental decline was until the debate or even back before the primaries.

Since the change was made for the good of the nation, I expect we will see all sorts of JFK documents released.

I also note that in April, Biden reportedly warned Netanyahu not to escalate Israel’s retaliation against Iran for the ineffective drone/missile attack on Israel and to “Take the win” or “You’re on your own” and a month later the debate is proposed. Doesn’t prove anything and may really be a coincidence. But it is interesting.

I can’t imagine anyone being so loyal to or enamored of Harris as to stage a coup d’ etat (which is what this was).

Your views are interesting. But please stay on topic.

Will President Harris open up the JFK Records?

53 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

Why do you say that? Kamala is such a creature of the Establishment and they are not known for easy transparency on the JFK assassination.

Former president Trump was not a creature of the Establishment, and the JFK records were scheduled to be released under his watch. How did that go for everyone?

There's an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China." Someone working inside the Establishment would have the best access and most authority to open the remaining records.

@Benjamin Cole asked the question "Would a President Harris open up the JFK records?" I'm happy to say the answer is an unequivocal "Yes." I sincerely doubt @Benjamin Cole would have even bothered to ask the question had the answer been a plain old boring "No." Otherwise, what would be the point of asking the question at all? Just to fill the forum with more partisan political bullshit? Hardly.

Yes, a President Harris would open up JFK records. I feel 110% confident of this, meaning that I could backtrack 10% and I'd still be fully behind it.

According to my top secret, James Bond kinda sources, it is a virtual certainty that President Harris will make releasing the remaining JFK records a top priority in her administration. I feel anyone even slightly interested in having the remaining JFK records released would realize that supporting the election of Kamala Harris as our next President of the United States is the wisest and most prudent course of action.

Just my humble opinion…I replied to a similar question in a thread a few weeks ago that I don’t believe that Harris would release the files.  My reasoning is that she opposed the parole of Sirhan Sirhan while she was the attorney general of California.  Sirhan is now apparently the longest serving prisoner in California and over eighty years old.  There is obviously a political agenda behind keeping him in prison, similar to there being an agenda for keeping the JFKA files from the public.