The Education Forum

G. Paul Chambers 2011 Lancer Presentation

1 hour ago, Roger Odisio said:

https://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/

Costella's frame by frame of the extant Zfilm shows that a motorcycle cop, who had been riding behind and to the left of the limo, pulls up beside it briefly and then recedes again as the limo takes off after the head shots. 

He first appears at frame 304. By 330 he is beside the trunk of the limo. He then begins receding as the limo accelerates and he disappears at 346.

Clint Hill appears at 332 to jump on the limo right beside the cop as it accelerates.

That's 26 frames of the cop moving forward in relation to the limo, or about 1 1/2 seconds.

I know of no testimony by the cop where he says he accelerated before the head shots beginning at 313.  The limo must have slowed down.    

Even the reviled Alvarez has determined the limo slowed down to 8 miles per hour. That is a world of difference from the limo coming to a complete stop.

On 8/14/2024 at 7:00 PM, Kevin Balch said:

Thanks!

I just ran across the video this morning and watched and wrote my takeaways from memory. I was going to give specific times in the video for my points but honestly, it probably would be a waste of time. Believers will continue to believe what they believe.

If the technical JFK assassination researchers with PhD.’s and Masters degrees in physics and engineering produce this kind of research, God help us!

Kevin

First, I am a physicist and teach physics, and that credential doesn't equate to extertise in ballistcs and forensics. The ballistics evidence in the Kennedy assassination is egregious. Ballistics is  important to solving a crime; but, quite the contrary in this infamous case.  Incredulously, the firing did not start until the motorcade reached Elm Street, suggesting other reasons for the kill zone that followed and the likelihood that there must have been more than one gunman involved.  The delay and longer shot range from rear is considered by experts to be part of a triangulated ambush out in the open with shooters on the Knolls (both north and South) using the overpass railroad tracks for escape routes, and rear shooters. There appears to have been special techniques used (e.g. "Canyon Shoot" where the direction of the shots is masked by echo effects). And making the shot in a sniper ambush is only half the objective... the other is escaping either undetected or without being molested.Some of the best witnesses (close to limousine) report at least 5 or 6 shots, including from in front (and stage-right) of the motorcade... but their testimony was suppressed and intimidated. 

In total, there were likely six shots from at least three directions. Nonetheless, the ballistics evidence in JFK's murder is a travesty...  and there's no way Oswald could have made those shots with that weapon. The authorities never convincingly connected the alleged murder weapon with Oswald, other than a hokey mail-order house receipt and a doctored photo from his backyard. The people who know better about such things (i.e.,authors  Craig Roberts, Josiah Thompson, Walter Graf, and Richard Bartholomew, and John Craig) would be offended by the historical published conclusions.

Not to make apologies fpr Chambers, but the "evidence" (statements, bullets, weapons and autopsy) that he had to work with is a confusing morass that's all over the map. 

Gene

48 minutes ago, Gene Kelly said:

Kevin

First, I am a physicist and teach physics, and that credential doesn't equate to extertise in ballistcs and forensics. The ballistics evidence in the Kennedy assassination is egregious. Ballistics is  important to solving a crime; but, quite the contrary in this infamous case.  Incredulously, the firing did not start until the motorcade reached Elm Street, suggesting other reasons for the kill zone that followed and the likelihood that there must have been more than one gunman involved.  The delay and longer shot range from rear is considered by experts to be part of a triangulated ambush out in the open with shooters on the Knolls (both north and South) using the overpass railroad tracks for escape routes, and rear shooters. There appears to have been special techniques used (e.g. "Canyon Shoot" where the direction of the shots is masked by echo effects). And making the shot in a sniper ambush is only half the objective... the other is escaping either undetected or without being molested.Some of the best witnesses (close to limousine) report at least 5 or 6 shots, including from in front (and stage-right) of the motorcade... but their testimony was suppressed and intimidated. 

In total, there were likely six shots from at least three directions. Nonetheless, the ballistics evidence in JFK's murder is a travesty...  and there's no way Oswald could have made those shots with that weapon. The authorities never convincingly connected the alleged murder weapon with Oswald, other than a hokey mail-order house receipt and a doctored photo from his backyard. The people who know better about such things (i.e.,authors  Craig Roberts, Josiah Thompson, Walter Graf, and Richard Bartholomew, and John Craig) would be offended by the historical published conclusions.

Not to make apologies fpr Chambers, but the "evidence" (statements, bullets, weapons and autopsy) that he had to work with is a confusing morass that's all over the map. 

Gene

I don't recall Tink Thompson stating or even insinuating the evidence Oswald owned the rifle was faked. I believe he concluded CE 399 was switched but don't recall his claiming the rifle wasn't even Oswald's. Do you know where he said this? 

Firing from behind requires the secret service to turn around, identify the source before returning fire. Tge gives more time to shoot as well as conceal position for escape. And as the Jackal said “For a professional, that’s a very important consideration.”

If the evidence is fake, why use it? How do we know what could have happened?

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I don't recall Tink Thompson stating or even insinuating the evidence Oswald owned the rifle was faked. I believe he concluded CE 399 was switched but don't recall his claiming the rifle wasn't even Oswald's. Do you know where he said this? 

Pat

I was referring to the totality of the evidence .... ballistics, shots and shooters (not necessarily who "owned" or ordered the rfile).  I personally doubt the story behind the provenance of the Manlicher Carcano. 

Gene

John Armstrong's book demonstrates with exhaustive research that there is no

actual evidence that Oswald owned either gun entered

into evidence, the rifle or the pistol. As Oswald told his

brother Robert on November 23, "Don't believe all this so-called evidence."

Edited by Joseph McBride

4 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Firing from behind requires the secret service to turn around, identify the source before returning fire. Tge gives more time to shoot as well as conceal position for escape. And as the Jackal said “For a professional, that’s a very important consideration.”

If the evidence is fake, why use it? How do we know what could have happened?

One of my best friends was a Lt. Col. in U.S. Special Forces. We talked about the JFK assassination on a number of occasions. One of these conversations spurred him into asking some of his friends--professional snipers--about the best position for a sniper when firing on someone in a convertible. They told him that the ideal location would be above and directly behind--with the target driving away from you. This is one of many factors leading me to suspect someone fired upon Kennedy from the roof of the Dal-Tex. 

18 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

One of my best friends was a Lt. Col. in U.S. Special Forces. We talked about the JFK assassination on a number of occasions. One of these conversations spurred him into asking some of his friends--professional snipers--about the best position for a sniper when firing on someone in a convertible. They told him that the ideal location would be above and directly behind--with the target driving away from you. This is one of many factors leading me to suspect someone fired upon Kennedy from the roof of the Dal-Tex. 

I generally agree and really doubt that a plan to implicate a lone nut would have multiple shooters from all directions requiring altering the body, autopsy materials and films, a cast of thousands and a risk of such a complicated going wrong (how do you explain Nellie Connnally getting shot on the left hand side from a south knoll shooter but surviving if your supposed assassin is in the TSBD?) If it weren’t for the issue of timing between the 2nd and 3rd shot and the trajectory between the back wound and throat wound, one person with the right weapon could have done it from the TSBD.

I suspect a lower floor of the Dal-Tex building from on on of the Elm St. side as a possible location. But if it can be shown all the windows were closed it it would rule this out.