The Education Forum

LHO, his general character, not exactly a lone nut...

3 minutes ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

Just wondering, when did the alleged LHO-Walker shooting made US news (making the alleged link that is)?

We have the Germans on Nov. 29, next we have Marina Dec. 3 (to be mixed with the finding of the alleged WALKER-note, etc).

I don´t think US news announced this pre Dec. 3 ?

Depends on what you mean by "announced" and "US news." The possibility of the two shootings being related was mentioned in DMN on 11/23/63. There's also the WFAA clip of Curry being asked about it.

Officials Recall Sniper Shooting At Walker Home

Police Friday were not overlooking a possibility that President Kennedy's assassin may have been the mystery sniper who shot at Maj. A. Walker last April 10.

A rifle bullet was fired into the study of Walker's North Dallas home at 4011 Turtle Creek by a sniper who used a backyard fence to steady his aim. The bullet slammed into a wall barely an inch from the former general's head.

Police determined that the bullet was fired from a 30.06 rifle.

The sniper attack occurred two nights after Walker had returned from a coast-to-coast anti-Communist crusade which he called Midnight Alert.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Depends on what you mean by "announced" and "US news." The possibility of the two shootings being related was mentioned in DMN on 11/23/63. There's also the WFAA clip of Curry being asked about it.

Thanks, I had no idea about te Dallas MN.

It changes the overall perspective on the Walker National-Zeitung Soldaten- Zeitung publication, a bit that is.  Of course they took it way further, extreme right propaganda-style, with Walker´s statement.  But the link, that seems to have been made by others as well. And very early -  following the JFKA.

Doesn’t make it true. More likely a peek at something cooking behind the scenes. 

12 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

It changes the overall perspective on the Walker National-Zeitung Soldaten- Zeitung publication, a bit that is.  Of course they took it way further, extreme right propaganda-style, with Walker´s statement.  But the link, that seems to have been made by others as well. And very early -  following the JFKA.

Yeah, in my view, there's no reason to think there was anything too spicy going on with those transatlantic phone calls. The NZ editor, on the other hand, got somewhat carried away in the Der merkwürdige Fall Oswald piece where it was divined that Oswald had originally been arrested in the Walker case (but RFK intervened and stopped the prosecution).

22 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Who was the DMN reporter who suggested it in the 11/23 article? I wonder if it’s the same one that I was thinking might have been the one that asked Curry the question. 

The DMN presumably came out in the morning. It’s possible the TV/radio reporter who asked Curry saw the article and that inspired the question. The timing of the question could rule this in or out.

8 minutes ago, Kevin Balch said:

Who was the DMN reporter who suggested it in the 11/23 article? I wonder if it’s the same one that I was thinking might have been the one that asked Curry the question. 

The DMN presumably came out in the morning. It’s possible the TV/radio reporter who asked Curry saw the article and that inspired the question. The timing of the question could rule this in or out.

I'm almost sure the article was uncredited (will see if I can find a scan).

4 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

Yeah, in my view, there's no reason to think there was anything too spicy going on with those transatlantic phone calls. The NZ editor, on the other hand, got somewhat carried away in the Der merkwürdige Fall Oswald piece where it was divined that Oswald had originally been arrested in the Walker case (but RFK intervened and stopped the prosecution).

Walker never stopped repeating that tale about Oswald being protected by RFK. Do you by chance have a link to the NZ article? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

Walker never stopped repeating that tale about Oswald being protected by RFK. Do you by chance have a link to the NZ article? 

See where the actual copies of the NZ begin, second page of those (it´s actually the lower part of the first page), it´s in the bottom part there, a short piece about Oswald between some handwritten marks/stripes. 

Now, Muench was asked about that piece, and he said the editor had inserted that piece on his own.

It does say "so wird behauptet", this kinda translates in "alleged" : that RFK had stopped prosecution, after Oswald was arrested, that if RFK hadn´t done that, Oswald would have still been in prison, and would not have been able to kill JFK...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=11938#relPageId=1&search=Walker_AND zeitung AND frey

LHO Robert.jpg

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

So the question remains who alleged that RFK protected Oswald? And when? The article is talking about the Walker shooting but is writing about it after the JFK assassination. 

4 hours ago, Paul Brancato said:

So the question remains who alleged that RFK protected Oswald? And when? The article is talking about the Walker shooting but is writing about it after the JFK assassination. 

The idea that Walker later repeated this rubbish comes from Paul Trejo who had access to the General's personal papers, right? Did he ever publish anything substantive about this? Quotes? Context? It would be interesting to known more details.

2 hours ago, Mark Ulrik said:

The idea that Walker later repeated this rubbish comes from Paul Trejo who had access to the General's personal papers, right? Did he ever publish anything substantive about this? Quotes? Context? It would be interesting to known more details.

Thanks, it´s getting more and more interesting (how some stories develop).

On 8/22/2024 at 12:54 PM, Jean Ceulemans said:

Thanks, it´s getting more and more interesting (how some stories develop).

Now, I could imagine Walker muttering to himself (or possibly the Germans) something like: "They had ME committed but allowed that Commie to run around shooting at people!?" But the version presented in the NZ piece is a whole 'nother level of crazy.

On 8/22/2024 at 9:29 AM, Mark Ulrik said:

Trejo was singularly focused on Walker but never acknowledged Walker’s connections and preferred to see the assassination as an outside job. In any case, during my exchanges with him I looked at Walker’s post assassination life. I don’t remember anymore how I know this, but from what I could tell Walker did in fact repeat his assertions about Oswald and RFK over several years. It is certain that Walker was obsessed with RFK, who had him arrested. So it makes sense he would conflate RFK and LHO.
Would someone translate the NZ article and post it? 
I am away from my books for a while but I have the lengthy tome on Walker called General Walker and the murder of President Kennedy, so perhaps this book details Walker’s obsession with Oswald. There is a more recent book which I have not read called The Insurrectionist by Peter Adams. 

Edited by Paul Brancato