The Education Forum

Morley on "X," re Justice Department and JFK Records Act

Benjamin Cole

see also: 

https://www.maryferrell.org/pages/JFK_Records_Lawsuit.html

https://x.com/jeffersonmorley/status/1849075536166818017

---30---

I guess this is the end of the road. The records have been deep-sixed.

Most JFKA researchers are older, and you see a lot of bald heads and white hair at JFKA conferences. The witnesses are dead or dying. 

In another decade or two, the JFKA will be like the President Lincoln assassination. Interesting theories there are, possibly there was a broader conspiracy...but no one really cares. 

Oliver Stone won't make any more movies. The "70th Anniversary of the JFK Assassination"...seems like a wan headline, or focal point. 

Good luck everybody. 

This is the actual pleading for the summary judgment.

And its really problematic to say the least.

Almost like a last desperate 60 foot shot from beyond half court with no time on the clock.

6 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is the actual pleading for the summary judgment.

And its really problematic to say the least.

Almost like a last desperate 60 foot shot from beyond half court with no time on the clock.

JD-

I am not a legal scholar (or really any kind of scholar). 

Are you saying this is a desperation shot from AG Merrick Garland/Biden's Justice Department to quash the MFF suit?

That is to say, Biden/Garland's minions know they have no case---that Biden's Orwellian Transparency Board is a feculent fraud---so they are trying to have the MFF suit dismissed? 

Will Judge Seeborg go along with the Justice Department? 

This is a bit from Seeborg's confirmation hearing, not much there. 

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/RichardSeeborg-QFRs.pdf

This MFF case sure seems to be evolving slowly. Maybe that is the way of all federal lawsuits. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

Yes I am saying that this is a bit of desperation by the DOJ to dispose of the lawsuit.

One can sensibly speculate about the timing, before the election.

11 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

Yes I am saying that this is a bit of desperation by the DOJ to dispose of the lawsuit.

One can sensibly speculate about the timing, before the election.

The Justice Dept claim that that the President has authority over the withholding of *all* JFKA records, not just those of the executive branch of the federal government, is blatantly false.  To quote Andrew Eiler on a recent Out of the Blank:  "The President has no authority to withhold Congressional records.  The Act says that in multiple places.  The president only has authority over executive branch records."  This was discussed in Chap 10 of Choke Holds.

See at about 1:01

The president has no authority to postpone the release of JFKA records held in private hands either, like Darnell and Wiegman.  In those cases all that is necessary is to get NARA to declare them as JFKA records and add them to the Collection it houses.

This point is so clear that even Judge Seeborg accepted it.

Bill and Larry will have no problem answering this filing.

15 minutes ago, Roger Odisio said:

The Justice Dept claim that that the President has authority over the withholding of *all* JFKA records, not just those of the executive branch of the federal government, is blatantly false.  To quote Andrew Eiler on a recent Out of the Blank:  "The President has no authority to withhold Congressional records.  The Act says that in multiple places.  The president only has authority over executive branch records."  This was discussed in Chap 10 of Choke Holds.

See at about 1:01

The president has no authority to postpone the release of JFKA records held in private hands either, like Darnell and Wiegman.  In those cases all that is necessary is to get NARA to declare them as JFKA records and add them to the Collection it houses.

This point is so clear that even Judge Seeborg accepted it.

Bill and Larry will have no problem answering this filing.

Why would AG Merrick Garland approve such a scurrilous and cynical filing?

Are Garland's true colors that of a feculent deep state apparatchik? Another CIA minion...or compromised in some way?

"Now she don't do nothing but tear a good man's reputation down..."

-- Robert Johnson/ From Four Until Late

It's really a shame to see poorly-informed people on the Education Forum impugn the reputation of an exemplary American like Merrick Garland.

We can lead MAGA-verse guys to the data, but we can't make them think... 🙄

The truth is that the U.S. needs more Merrick Garlands and fewer Bill Barrs, Brett Kavanaughs, and Neil Gorsuches.

Merrick Garland - Wikipedia

Andrew Iler just pointed out one huge flaw in this move for summary judgment.

There are more.

I would not be certain that Garland is the guy behind this. 

The JFK case is so radioactive and polarizing that it attracts certain zealots and makes them do some things that are really contrary to what the dictates of the law really are. Just look at what those lawyers did on the Warren Commission. Or the ARRB and Prouty.

Edited by James DiEugenio

56 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

There are more.

The JFK case is so radioactive and polarizing that it attracts certain zealots and makes them do some things that are really contrary to what the dictates of the law really are. Just look at what those lawyers did on the Warren Commission. Or the ARRB and Prouty.

Not to mention the MAGA SCOTUS ruling on Trump immunity...  🙄

5 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

There are more.

JD---

If AG Merrick Garland is not the guy behind this coprophagiac miscarriage of justice...then who is? 

Garland is the AG, appointed by Biden. Garland must be aware of what is going on in a relatively high-profile case. 

99% of Justice Department cases get zero coverage, and are plain-vanilla enforcement of law. This JFK Records case generated some coverage (far too little, but that is another story). 

Are you suggesting someone is running the Biden Administration of whom we are uninformed? 

Is Garland compromised, honeypotted by the CIA, or was found out to be involved in some illegal financial scheme? Garland worked as a white-collar defense attorney in the private sector, getting rich guys off. He certainly learned how to be a crook. 

I cannot fathom the feculent, illegal Biden Administration permanent snuff job on the JFK Records. 

What I am saying is that on an issue like this, there are people in the department who will see it as their patriotic duty to thwart the act.

The Justice Dept is huge and sprawling and it encompasses the FBI. 

Garland might not be aware of all that is happening there.

16 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

What I am saying is that on an issue like this, there are people in the department who will see it as their patriotic duty to thwart the act.

The Justice Dept is huge and sprawling and it encompasses the FBI. 

Garland might not be aware of all that is happening there.

Well, drilling down...are we talking about the actual Justice Department lawyers working the case?

But they must report to some superiors. 

Really...I am uncomfortable with absolving AG Merrick Garland for this monstrosity called the "Transparency Board." 

This was not just a delay, a kick the can down the road diversion on an inconsequential case... this was the labor-intensive fabrication of a legal fiction/artifice to perp a permanent snuff job on the JFK Records Act.

Some lower-level lawyers dreamed this up, and then ran with it while Garland...was doing what? He is the AG, after all, and if I understand the law, what Garland's lawyers are doing is implementing an entirely illegal operation in service of unwarranted government secrecy. 

If I had to guess, Garland is compromised in some way, or he is just a vetted, security state apparatchik who got the job for that reason.

You know what? Robert Blakey had a lot of DC-credibility too, and that is why he was appointed to run the HSCA.  

3 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

JD---

If AG Merrick Garland is not the guy behind this coprophagiac miscarriage of justice...then who is? 

Coprophagic?  Feculent?

Geez, Ben...

So much scatologic invective and so little discernment.

Perhaps you should stick with your standard, redundant, "non-partisan" MAGA posts about the "Biden snuff job."  🙄

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Well, drilling down...are we talking about the actual Justice Department lawyers working the case?

But they must report to some superiors. 

Really...I am uncomfortable with absolving AG Merrick Garland for this monstrosity called the "Transparency Board." 

This was not just a delay, a kick the can down the road diversion on an inconsequential case... this was the labor-intensive fabrication of a legal fiction/artifice to perp a permanent snuff job on the JFK Records Act.

Some lower-level lawyers dreamed this up, and then ran with it while Garland...was doing what? He is the AG, after all, and if I understand the law, what Garland's lawyers are doing is implementing an entirely illegal operation in service of unwarranted government secrecy. 

If I had to guess, Garland is compromised in some way, or he is just a vetted, security state apparatchik who got the job for that reason.

You know what? Robert Blakey had a lot of DC-credibility too, and that is why he was appointed to run the HSCA.  

The lawyers are mostly facilitators, Ben.  The people behind this ridiculous filing, deliberately misconstruing the JFK Act, are the same deep state denizens who concocted the Transparency Plan that Biden signed, whose purpose was to finish off the JFK Act.  The same guys from the war machine/security state who briefly stepped out of the shadows to explain to Trump when he was President why he must not release all of the remaining records under his control.

This particular filing is not unusual, not that different than others in this case. It does seem more desperate given its timing and the fact that Judge Seeborg has already found that Biden has release authority only over records of the executive branch.

The Judge's finding opens the door to seeking the legislative records being withheld, as well as many other nonexecutive branch records, *if* Seeborg's ludicrous initial finding that NARA has no roll to play in retrieving those records can be reversed on appeal. 

1 hour ago, Roger Odisio said:

The lawyers are mostly facilitators, Ben.  The people behind this ridiculous filing, deliberately misconstruing the JFK Act, are the same deep state denizens who concocted the Transparency Plan that Biden signed, whose purpose was to finish off the JFK Act.  The same guys from the war machine/security state who briefly stepped out of the shadows to explain to Trump when he was President why he must not release all of the remaining records under his control.

This particular filing is not unusual, not that different than others in this case. It does seem more desperate given its timing and the fact that Judge Seeborg has already found that Biden has release authority only over records of the executive branch.

The Judge's finding opens the door to seeking the legislative records being withheld, as well as many other nonexecutive branch records, *if* Seeborg's ludicrous initial finding that NARA has no roll to play in retrieving those records can be reversed on appeal. 

RO---

Thanks for your collegial reply...which appears on target.

I guess the question is...are Biden and Garland somehow compromised, that is Deep State surveillance has dirt on the pair...or they are simply apparatchiks, doing what apparatchiks do?

Or...like latter day Robert Blakeys? Curiosities in over their heads?