The Education Forum

A few photodigitally enhanced Badgeman photos

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Thanks, Jack. That's become a classic.

BTW: I'm with you on the chemtrail theory. About a year ago, on the "AM Coast To Coast" show, a newspaper article from an Oklahoma publication was cited in which citizens had complained about the proliferation of this stuff and of the ill effects to crops and themselves.

I mentioned in an earlier correspondence that I have plenty of sky where I live, despite being close to Boston, and have never seen as many of these flights that apparently are similar to ones you've described and displayed.

Call me a wacko (or call me a taxi), but put NOTHING past Big Brother...

Chin Up,

JG

WHAT has become a classic? You are speaking in riddles.

Jack

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Bill Scrote has done any more photo enhancements of the Badge Man?

Bill Scrote's Badgeman 'enhancement' was truly extraordinary.

Can we have some more Bill?

EBC

Who is Bill Scrote and where are his "truly extraordinary enhancements" of Badgeman?

Jack

Hi Jack,

Are you really trying to say "Bill Grote"? If so, that's me. All I did was increase the contrast of your "Badgeman" image in photoshop and fiddle slightly with the contrast to bring out the image. The same could be done with the "curves" tool in Photoshop.

In the colorized version I just added a layer and added a small percentage of color to emphasize the uniform and the face.

I have worked in graphics and advertising for the past 20 years so it was just too tempting for me not to diddle around with it. I hope that you don't mind. I'm a great admirer of your work and of what is discussed on the forum.

I was a high school student when Kennedy was shot and remember vividly my Biology teacher breaking down and crying when they announced it over the school loudspeaker. It seems like this country took a dive ever since that happened.

Let me know if I can do anything to help with any images. I would be happy to help.

-- Bill Grote

Hi Jack,

Are you really trying to say "Bill Grote"? If so, that's me. All I did was increase the contrast of your "Badgeman" image in photoshop and fiddle slightly with the contrast to bring out the image. The same could be done with the "curves" tool in Photoshop.

Bill, seeing how EBC didn't get your name correct and I certainly had not heard of your work ... how about posting the images that EBC probably was talking about, but didn't direct us to where we could see them?

Thanks!

Bill

EBC

Who is Bill Scrote and where are his "truly extraordinary enhancements" of Badgeman?

Jack

Hi Jack,

In the colorized version I just added a layer and added a small percentage of color to emphasize the uniform and the face.

I have worked in graphics and advertising for the past 20 years so it was just too tempting for me not to diddle around with it. I hope that you don't mind. I'm a great admirer of your work and of what is discussed on the forum.

I was a high school student when Kennedy was shot and remember vividly my Biology teacher breaking down and crying when they announced it over the school loudspeaker. It seems like this country took a dive ever since that happened.

Let me know if I can do anything to help with any images. I would be happy to help.

-- Bill Grote

Thanks, Bill. I guess EBC misspelled you name.

Where was your employment in advertising and graphics?

Jack

EBC

Jack

Hi Jack,

-- Bill Grote

Thanks, Bill. I guess EBC misspelled you name.

Where was your employment in advertising and graphics?

Jack

Hi Jack,

I work at Craftsman Book Company in Carlsbad, CA. -- a stones throw from the infamous La Costa resort.

The images aren't anything special. They are on page 7 of this topic. They're just slightly enhanced copies of your image.

-- Bill

post-2880-1143785184_thumb.jpg

Hi Jack,

Bill, seeing how EBC didn't get your name correct and I certainly had not heard of your work ... how about posting the images that EBC probably was talking about, but didn't direct us to where we could see them?

Thanks!

Bill

Hi Bill,

I think you responded to it on page 7 of this post (Something about being able to see what appears to be a picket fence at the bottom of the image.)

You haven't heard of my work because I'm not anyone you'd hear of. And my work isn't anything spectacular -- just cover graphics and catalogs for a construction book company. I'm just some poor slob who goes to work everyday and lives a fairly mundane life.

But I'm addicted to this forum.

-- Bill

Guest Stephen Turner

post-2880-1143785184_thumb.jpg

. I'm just some poor slob who goes to work everyday and lives a fairly mundane life.

But I'm addicted to this forum.

-- Bill

Hey Bill, Ive often said that the money men in the city of London could take a year off, and no-one would notice. However, if us "poor slobs" stopped for a day the economy is in ruins. Nice image BTW. Steve.

Ive often said that the money men in the city of London could take a year off, and no-one would notice. (Stephen Turner)

Steve,

I think the same applies for politicians as well. How many days is it now that George W. Bush has had off since taking office? I guess one could say that his vacation time has been interrupted by the presidency.

James

Guest Stephen Turner
Ive often said that the money men in the city of London could take a year off, and no-one would notice. (Stephen Turner)

Steve,

I think the same applies for politicians as well. How many days is it now that George W. Bush has had off since taking office? I guess one could say that his vacation time has been interrupted by the presidency.

James

James, Bush's song shouldnt be Hail to the chief (or thief) it should be Holiday by Madonna. Sorry for the brief hi-jack :rolleyes:

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Are you really trying to say "Bill Grote"?

Yes, Bill Grote is what I meant. Can you give any info on how you enhanced the Badgeman

photo? I am fascinated by your results.

EBC

Are you really trying to say "Bill Grote"?

Yes, Bill Grote is what I meant. Can you give any info on how you enhanced the Badgeman

photo? I am fascinated by your results.

EBC

Hi Eugene,

I right-clicked on the Jack's image of Badgeman, saved it to my computer. Opened the image in Photoshop selected image, adjust levels. I used my mouse to adjust the midtones in towards the area where most of the density of the image showed on the graph. Some people use the "curves" tool to achieve the same function. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. This is esentially the same way you adjust most images in photoshop to bring out their maximum color. Something I have to do a lot of at work every day. You could also select "auto adjust" but that takes away all the fun and sometimes leaves you with results that you may not want and you end up doing it over.

I then created another layer, added a 7% tint of color for the flesh tone on the face and blue for the uniform.

The final results seem to help the image, that at first I couldn't see, start to come out from the background.

You could probably go a step further by adjusting levels and saving them as different layers and then flattening them all together. But then you might be adding more to the image than what was really there. But it might be fun to try. It's really an exceptional image especially when you can really focus on what Jack has found here.

-- Bill