The Education Forum

Jorge Mas Canosa

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/mas-canosa.htm

I hope I did this correctly. I recently came across this article after reading a post from Jame Richards about the Latin American Studies website. It included this article on Jorge Mas Canosa which was written by Investigator Gaeton Fonzi in 1993.

I have found some very interesting information from this website, and even more interesting was an article that referenced that Desi Arnaz was a huge supporter of the Bay of Pigs Invasion and even assisted financially in the release of Anti Castro Cuban prisoners from Cuba.

Jorge Mas Canosa's influence on U.S. Policies towards Cuba are staggering.

As an American, it galls me that people like Canosa, can have so much influence in my country, even though he and others like him were not Citizens of this Country, and quite frankly manipulated the political system for his own financial and political gain.

I took particular notice at Gaeton's reference that Jorge Canosa's hatred of Kennedy was second to that of his hatred of Castro.

It seems that this man totally manipulated U.S. Policy in regard to Cuba steadily for more than 36 years. John, I think this guy deserves to go on your list of suspects as he certainly would have known about any Cuban involvement in the murder of John F. Kennedy.

IMHO as an observer, not a researcher of course. :)

I hope I did this correctly.  I recently came across this article after reading a post from Jame Richards about the Latin American Studies website.  It included this article on Jorge Mas Canosa which was written by Investigator Gaeton Fonzi in 1993. 

I have found some very interesting information from this website, and even more interesting was an article that referenced that Desi Arnaz was a huge supporter of the Bay of Pigs Invasion and even assisted financially in the release of Anti Castro Cuban prisoners from Cuba.

As an American, it galls me that people like Canosa, can have so much influence in my country, even though he and others like him were not Citizens of this Country, and quite frankly manipulated the political system for his own financial and political gain.

I took particular notice at Gaeton's reference that Jorge Canosa's hatred of Kennedy was second to that of his hatred of Castro.

It seems that this man totally manipulated U.S. Policy in regard to Cuba steadily for more than 36 years.  John, I think this guy deserves to go on your list of suspects as he certainly would have known about any Cuban involvement in the murder of John F. Kennedy. 

I knew I would get this wrong. On the website, it links to the Cuban Information Archives website in relation to the article written by Gaeton Fonzi.

I post it here.

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_051-075/doc0063.html

I hope I did this correctly.  I recently came across this article after reading a post from Jame Richards about the Latin American Studies website.   It included this article on Jorge Mas Canosa which was written by Investigator Gaeton Fonzi in 1993. 

It seems that this man totally manipulated U.S. Policy in regard to Cuba steadily for more than 36 years.  John, I think this guy deserves to go on your list of suspects as he certainly would have known about any Cuban involvement in the murder of John F. Kennedy. 

I knew I would get this wrong. On the website, it links to the Cuban Information Archives website in relation to the article written by Gaeton Fonzi.

I post it here.

The article about the Late Desi Arnaz is found here.

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/exile/arnaz.htm

http://cuban-exile.com/doc_051-075/doc0063.html

Hi Greg,

I'm glad you are finding the Latin American Studies web site of use.

Jorge Mas Canosa is indeed a very interesting character. He came through Fort Benning in 1963 with the likes of Felix Rodriguez and Luis Posada Carilles.

Mas as you have already alluded to, had some very powerful friends. Here he is below with one of them.

James

Hi Greg,

I'm glad you are finding the Latin American Studies web site of use.

Jorge Mas Canosa is indeed a very interesting character. He came through Fort Benning in 1963 with the likes of Felix Rodriguez and Luis Posada Carilles.

Mas as you have already alluded to, had some very powerful friends. Here he is below with one of them.

James

James,

I am particularly amazed at his brazen attitude. It appears to me he was literally untouchable politically. If there ever was a man more connected to the CIA and the Cuban Community I cannot think of one. He definitely knew about plenty of political skeletons and garnered many favors. His links to Felix Rodriguez and Luis Posada are well documented.

Very Interesting character indeed.

So is there anything WRONG with Desi Arnez being a supporter of the Bay of Pigs invasion, which was supported by President Kennedy, and contributing to the fund to obtain the release of the Bay of Pigs prisoners? As you may be aware, the driving force behind the prisoner ransom was RFK. I bet a dollar to a doughnut that Arnez was no more anti-Castro than JFK and RFK.

And, IMO, the assassination was most probably organized by Castro, or by anti-Castro Cubans (or, amazingly, by both!). If the asssassination was the work of EITHER pro or anti Castro Cubans it is unlikely there would have been an asssasination had the BOP succeeded.

So is there anything WRONG with Desi Arnez being a supporter of the Bay of Pigs invasion, which was supported by President Kennedy, and contributing to the fund to obtain the release of the Bay of Pigs prisoners?  As you may be aware, the driving force behind the prisoner ransom was RFK.  I bet a dollar to a doughnut that Arnez was no more anti-Castro than JFK and RFK.

And, IMO, the assassination was most probably organized by Castro, or by anti-Castro Cubans (or, amazingly, by both!).  If the asssassination was the work of EITHER pro or anti Castro Cubans it is unlikely there would have been an asssasination had the BOP succeeded.

Tim,

I believe that Desi Arnaz hated Castro, was definitely here in the United States because of Castro and definitely supported Anti Castro politics.

I also feel that you haven't proven your theory that the assassination was organized by Castro to any believable degree. IMHO, the Exile Cuban Community has more fingerprints on the Kennedy assassination than any one political group.

My notation about Desi Arnaz was a footnote. I am more appalled by Jorge Mas Canosa. In my mind he raped this country of tax dollars, caused more political mayhem and singlehandedly was more responsible for the sagging world view of US affairs in not only Cuba but Latin America than anyone I have ever read about.

This guy was a thug pure and simple. Unfortunately, his unsavory political lobbying, bribery, and cavorting with known terrorists will forever grant him a footnote in U.S. history.

I wish more U.S. citizens were aware of him and other people like him. Maybe more people would participate in elections and rid this country of the scum that permeates our political system.