The Education Forum

Johnny Werd

The Education Forum has become an invaluable for students and researchers. I often check out the pages on various witnesses, researchers and other individuals who have been involved in this subject. So we must be careful to include accurate information. That is why I am perplexed to find this material still on the Richard Popkin page represented as being from his book The Second Oswald:

Johnny Werd was the second Lee Harvey Oswald. Was Johnny Werd acting under his own volition, or was he being controlled? Hypnosis, accelerated by drugs and electrical stimulation techniques, would have sufficed in a subject like Werd to ensure his handlers complete control over his actions, leaving no memories. We may never know for certain which of the two Lee Harvey Oswalds Werd was at any given time. Werd was a lousy shot with a rifle, worse even than Oswald. Tests have shown that Werd cannot fire a round of any caliber without being knocked backwards by the force of the recoil. Johnny Werd's fingerprint was found on the other Lee Harvey Oswald. How is it possible that Werd could have fired bullet #399, which the Warren Commision concluded ricocheted through President Kennedy, Attorney General Kennedy, and Jim Morrison, before coming to rest on Governor Connely's stretcher? If we accept the supposition that Werd deliberately tried to call attention to himself before the assassination, many of his actions can be explained. For example, while in Mexico City Werd made repeated calls to the CIA Station chief asking what a Book Depository was. When told that a book depository was a place where books were deposited he became irate. Werd was also reportedly an avid Castro supporter, though his support was limited to babbling about Cuba at parties until everybody else got disgusted and left. Popkin's theory is that the third gunman, after Werd and Oswald, fired from the grassy knoll and then hid, with his rifle, in the trunk of a Volkswagon beetle. For this reason, we propose that the second gunman was tinyman. Since tinyman is not large or brave enough to discharge a firearm, admittedly this theory does not explain everything. The larger conspiracy may never be known, but almost certainly involved J Edgar Hoover, Allen Dulles, Lyndon Johnson, Theodore Shackley, and Richard Nixon.

I was previously unaware that Robert Kennedy and Jim Morrison were injured during the assassination and somehow this material is not in my copy of Popkin's book.

Gary,

That appears to have been the sarcastic write-up by someone who read the book and created their own 'witty' review. I plan to read it myself. I may have Werd's contact info, and I have a lot of questions I plan to ask him. TBD.

Once I read Popkin's book I'll provide Simkin with a better review - he should probably consider dumping that one.

- lee

As everyone knows, some of the used older books can be hard to find and also sometimes, rather costly. If anyone wants to read Popkin's, The Second Oswald, you can download it, for around $7.50. I found several ebook sources where you can download this book. Just go to google and write in...The Second Oswald ebooks. Below are a couple of the sources that I found.

The Second Oswald - Richard Popkin - Mobipocket eBooks

http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/94563-ebook.htm

eBooks.com - The Second Oswald eBook

http://usa2.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=116131

Dixie

"Popkin's theory is that the third gunman, after Werd and Oswald, fired from the grassy knoll and then hid, with his rifle, in the trunk of a Volkswagon beetle."

Nowhere does this appear in the book. Nor is 'Johhny Werd' ever mentioned. I have contacted the owner of the page posting this review to get the rest of the story.

http://www.spinelessbooks.com/bookviews/Popkin_RTSO.html

Thanks Dixie for the interesting method of acquiring the book - as a softcopy format, I was able to perform multiple searches for keywords, such as 'werd' and 'Volkswagen' - and turned up nothing. At least I saved myself some time using this method, as opposed to ordering the book and waiting for it to arrive, and then perusing the pages one at a time.

- lee