The Education Forum

Connellys wounds

OK, Tom...you've covered the area that I thought contained some cracks in your theory. It does make sense...of course, I'm still going to try to play "devil's advocate" and see if I can find any other areas that don't add up. At this point, I'm not sure there are any...but if any more questions come to mind, I won't hesitate to ask.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, I tend to regard the Connally's testimonies as being more credible than many testimonies. They were in the 'thick of things' and they were among the first to state that there was a different bullet that hit Connally an Kennedy. Mrs Connally maintained this to her death. They also differentiated between the bullet that struck Kennedy in the head and the bullet that struck Connally.

Connally was already hit, there is a passage of time between this and when they heard the bullet strike Kennedy and they were spattered with blood and such. Connally was in the position he was as a result of the shot that struck him in the back.

so your post does not make sense to me.

from your earlier post :

"After penetrating through the coat collar of JFK, this bullet continued on, entering the head at the edge of the hairline, traversing through the fleshy part of the neck (which was in almost the horizontal position), striking JFK in the vicinity of the EOP.

This bullet damaged the upper portion of the occipital lobe, traversed through the mid-brain of JFK and exited in the frontal lobe of the brain.

Thereafter to continue on to strike JBC in the right shoulder, penetrate through his chest and exit into the left inner thigh of his leg.

At the time of impact to JBC, he was laying across towards Mr. Connally with his back and shoulder exposed in the open area between the jump seats in which they sat.

Tom.

Politicians, not unlike magicians, can make things disappear.--To include bullets!"

edit: and what happened to the *bullet in Connally's thigh?

edit2: *fragmented

Edited by John Dolva

from the site referred to above :

"The following roentgenograms of the thigh of a cat indicate it is indeed possible for a missile to damage bone and tissue without actually striking same.

A. shows a cat femor and femoral artery and vein injected with barium sulfate.

B. is a Microsecond roentgenogram showing displacement of the blood vessels by the large temporary cavity formed after the passage of a 4/32-inch steel sphere with an impact velocity of 3,200 f.p.s. The dark circular temporary cavity is shown in cross section with missile hole in center.

and

C. a roentgenogram made immediately after the shot.

Note that the blood vessels have returned to their original positions and that the femur is fractured. The permanent cavity shows as a dark area to the right of the blood vessels.

Comparing this to the xray of Kennedy's spine and Connally's wrist shows that the damage here need not necessarily come as a result of a missile hitting these areas.

Similarly, other experiments indicate that the subatmospheric pressure around the temporary cavity causes damage and that this damage results from the expansion of gas pockets rather than from the high pressures connected with the shock wave. Damage by gas expansion may be spoken of as secondary damage, this damage is restricted to gas pockets in the alimentary canal, leading to intestinal perforation, or to gas in the lungs, where severe hemorrhage occurs. Damage from expansion of the temporary cavity itself is primary damage. In both cases, the destructive effects are due to severe tearing of tissue.

Although secondary damage from gas (-deformation of pockets of, such as in lungs) is important in rifle shots, it never equals the primary damage which results from the expansion and tearing caused by the formation of the temporary cavity.'

Edited by John Dolva

Tom, In posing the following questions I feel it is important for you to know that I am not so attached to my own understandings that I cannot change and drop faulty ones.

I think it is important to cover all areas and I feel that there are certain points that need to be answered by you.

Some of these fall into a category where they don't negate what you present, but possibly offer an alternative explanation for observations without impacting on overall conclusions.

Others do negate some points hence conclusions. I hope you can see the difference.

It would be tragic to have a well argued position fall down in court on a technicality.

I'll present these in a somewhat jumbled manner so I hope you can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Firstly, The bullet/s

A bullet that strikes (as you say) a very dense tree branch and has the copper jacket extruded backwards into a sharper edge so it can later work as a punch. Yet unlike bullets striking less dense substances suffers practically no deformation of the nose. Yet is weak enough to fragment and those fragments has sufficient force to continue on through to cause further damage. Somehow the overall deformation/woundings forces don't add up.

A bullet that strikes without spin and in a rearward aspect would decelerate extremely fast with resultant temporary cavitation commensurate with said force. In other words the damage, tearing of tissue, evasculation etc would pulp the body at site of entry. While skin is surprisingly tough and flexible and would close back to such a hole, internal bruising would lead one to expect to see on the surface of the skin sign of bruising. Kennedy was after all still alive, and bruising would form as it does on a living body.

Further, any fragments would decelerate even faster! If however said fragment was spinning sufficiently to force its way onwards after leaving the bullet in its wake then it would cause a exit hole larger than its size. Not the same size or smaller.

Even if these points are answered there is the question of what caused the damaged vertebra and the bruising of the lung?

"The following roentgenograms* of the thigh of a cat indicate it is indeed possible for a missile to damage bone and tissue without actually striking same.

B. is a Microsecond roentgenogram showing displacement of the blood vessels by the large temporary cavity formed after the passage of a 4/32-inch steel sphere with an impact velocity of 3,200 f.p.s. The dark circular temporary cavity is shown in cross section with missile hole in center.

and

Note that the blood vessels have returned to their original positions and that the femur is fractured. The permanent cavity shows as a dark area to the right of the blood vessels."

(Comparing this to the xray of Kennedy's spine and Connally's wrist shows that the damage here need not necessarily come as a result of a missile hitting these areas.)

"Similarly, other experiments indicate that the subatmospheric pressure around the temporary cavity causes damage and that this damage results from the expansion of gas pockets rather than from the high pressures connected with the shock wave. Damage by gas expansion may be spoken of as secondary damage, this damage is restricted to gas pockets in the alimentary canal, leading to intestinal perforation, or to gas (air) in the lungs, where severe hemorrhage occurs. Damage from expansion of the temporary cavity itself is primary damage. In both cases, the destructive effects are due to severe tearing of tissue.

Although secondary damage from gas is important in rifle shots, it never equals the primary damage which results from the expansion and tearing caused by the formation of the temporary cavity."

It is reasonable to argue that this bruising of the lung is a result of this primary and secondary damage, and not necessarily any bullet striking these areas.

*(the image is above, and on the US Surgeons General website (link above))

With regards to the bullet that struck Kennedy in the head and went on to strike Connally in the body and thigh.

Mr and Mrs Connally's testimony is probably one that I would least dispute. They say that the bullet that struck Kennedy in the back is not the one that struck Connally. They say that the bullet that struck Connally is what caused Connally to double over and collapse towards Mrs Connally. And only after this, only after, and they are most clear on this did they hear Kennedy's head being struck and felt/saw themselves spattered with blood and brains. It seems to me that your bullet here also has acquired the characteristics of the original Magic bullet. Further : where is this bullet?

Tom, In posing the following questions I feel it is important for you to know that I am not so attached to my own understandings that I cannot change and drop faulty ones.

I think it is important to cover all areas and I feel that there are certain points that need to be answered by you.

Some of these fall into a category where they don't negate what you present, but possibly offer an alternative explanation for observations without impacting on overall conclusions.

Others do negate some points hence conclusions. I hope you can see the difference.

It would be tragic to have a well argued position fall down in court on a technicality.

I'll present these in a somewhat jumbled manner so I hope you can separate the wheat from the chaff.

Firstly, The bullet/s

A bullet that strikes (as you say) a very dense tree branch and has the copper jacket extruded backwards into a sharper edge so it can later work as a punch. Yet unlike bullets striking less dense substances suffers practically no deformation of the nose. Yet is weak enough to fragment and those fragments has sufficient force to continue on through to cause further damage. Somehow the overall deformation/woundings forces don't add up.

A bullet that strikes without spin and in a rearward aspect would decelerate extremely fast with resultant temporary cavitation commensurate with said force. In other words the damage, tearing of tissue, evasculation etc would pulp the body at site of entry. While skin is surprisingly tough and flexible and would close back to such a hole, internal bruising would lead one to expect to see on the surface of the skin sign of bruising. Kennedy was after all still alive, and bruising would form as it does on a living body.

Further, any fragments would decelerate even faster! If however said fragment was spinning sufficiently to force its way onwards after leaving the bullet in its wake then it would cause a exit hole larger than its size. Not the same size or smaller.

Even if these points are answered there is the question of what caused the damaged vertebra and the bruising of the lung?

"The following roentgenograms* of the thigh of a cat indicate it is indeed possible for a missile to damage bone and tissue without actually striking same.

and

Note that the blood vessels have returned to their original positions and that the femur is fractured. The permanent cavity shows as a dark area to the right of the blood vessels."

(Comparing this to the xray of Kennedy's spine and Connally's wrist shows that the damage here need not necessarily come as a result of a missile hitting these areas.)

"Similarly, other experiments indicate that the subatmospheric pressure around the temporary cavity causes damage and that this damage results from the expansion of gas pockets rather than from the high pressures connected with the shock wave. Damage by gas expansion may be spoken of as secondary damage, this damage is restricted to gas pockets in the alimentary canal, leading to intestinal perforation, or to gas (air) in the lungs, where severe hemorrhage occurs. Damage from expansion of the temporary cavity itself is primary damage. In both cases, the destructive effects are due to severe tearing of tissue.

Although secondary damage from gas is important in rifle shots, it never equals the primary damage which results from the expansion and tearing caused by the formation of the temporary cavity."

It is reasonable to argue that this bruising of the lung is a result of this primary and secondary damage, and not necessarily any bullet striking these areas.

*(the image is above, and on the US Surgeons General website (link above))

With regards to the bullet that struck Kennedy in the head and went on to strike Connally in the body and thigh.

Mr and Mrs Connally's testimony is probably one that I would least dispute. They say that the bullet that struck Kennedy in the back is not the one that struck Connally. They say that the bullet that struck Connally is what caused Connally to double over and collapse towards Mrs Connally. And only after this, only after, and they are most clear on this did they hear Kennedy's head being struck and felt/saw themselves spattered with blood and brains. It seems to me that your bullet here also has acquired the characteristics of the original Magic bullet. Further : where is this bullet?

The forensic; ballistic, pathological, and physical facts will answer the questions for those who chose to stay with that evidence which has little if any "taint" to it.

There is absolutely no way to resolve the "big problem" without first resolving each of the problems of each and every sub-category.

The WC is an intentional lie which has been largely based on the SBT/Magic Bullet theory.

Whether you believe or accept it is quite irrelevant to me, but you now have the facts as surrounds CE399.

In this regard, the evidence has to provide the answers to the questions, not me, and this matter long ago ceased to be of that great of an importance in my scope of remaining time.

As one who obviously fought for the rights of all americans to continue to be lead, manipulated, and misguided, who am I to tell them that they can not do so?

Approximately 60-70 percent of that information relative to the second shot at Z-313 was provided between the drawing of the entry point, the X-ray of the beginning exit point, and the drawing which demonstrated how this bullet was cut in half.

The remainder is also quite simple to resolve if and when one evaluates ALL of the evidence.

It takes a study of the bullet(s) and fragments, as compared with the wounds of the autopsy report and later HSCA, as well as the Clark Panel, coupled with either a personal understanding and review of the X-ray material, and even with all this, one can not trust themselves.

It must thereafter have a review by those who carry the professional experience and qualifications to examine such.

Attempting to compare the CE399 strike to a tree limb with the Z-313 strike to the head is an irrelevant exercise.

The shot to the head severely fragmented. The question being WHY?

And not unlike CE399, the answers are quite simple when one sticks with the known facts and is not expending time chasing mythological multiple assassins and body kidnappers.

Tom

Edited by Thomas H. Purvis

OK, Tom...you've covered the area that I thought contained some cracks in your theory.  It does make sense...of course, I'm still going to try to play "devil's advocate" and see if I can find any other areas that don't add up.  At this point, I'm not sure there are any...but if any more questions come to mind, I won't hesitate to ask.

Hope that you have heard the old saying of "never show your hole card".

The information is provided as a "general service" to those persons who recognize that the WC has an inherent validity problem, yet can not accept the general and overall irrationality of multiple assassins and body snatchers.

Tom.

P.S. The real "Magic Bullet" had a severely bent nose from impact with bone.

Tom, OK, so apart from stretching of jacket, rifling, extrusion and apparent polishing of surface a bullet fired through a 1" oak limb looks largely pristine. I can see how even the rifling effect on the rim base causes a sharper ridge here, supporting a 'punch' scenario.

I'm confused as to your reference to this bullet striking bone with its nose. In another post you explained the deformation of the base as being from striking the vertebra, it then stayed put and fell out later. When did the nose strike bone?

Obviously I'd like an explanation as to Mr and Mrs Connally's statements, statements that they repeated many times outside WC documents. They seem quite clear that Connally was already hit when Kennedy received the head wound.

(Here is a unfired WCC 6.5 bullet comparison with the one through the oak limb.)

OK, Tom...you've covered the area that I thought contained some cracks in your theory.  It does make sense...of course, I'm still going to try to play "devil's advocate" and see if I can find any other areas that don't add up.  At this point, I'm not sure there are any...but if any more questions come to mind, I won't hesitate to ask.

The information is provided as a "general service" to those persons who recognize that the WC has an inherent validity problem, yet can not accept the general and overall irrationality of multiple assassins and body snatchers.

Tom.

Tom, I've never been a believer in "body snatchers" and "altered wounds"...primarily because I've always thought that the truth, when misrepresented in a certain way, can be used to intentionally cause mistaken conclusions to be drawn. I believe that, for the most part, that was the main function of the Warren Commission. And following your logic and your examination of the evidence, it's apparent that the x-rays and the autopsy materials weren't faked...but they may have intentionally misrepresented. And I can accept that CE-399 was the first shot, falling out of the shallow back wound, rather than a bullet from Connally's thigh as put forth in the preposterous SBT.

Of course, the evidence you've presented on the alteration of the surveyor's data shows us that the Warren Commission wasn't above tampering with some of the evidence.

Something I've had a hard time letting go of is the conclusion, based upon the Z-film, that there must have been a frontal shot to explain the rearward motion of JFK's body...but after reviewing the information that John Dolva has provided, I'm almost certain now that the rearward motion is a result of (1) JFK's body going limp, and (2) possibly the acceleration of the limo [that conclusion being dependent upon Greer's actual reaction behind the wheel].

I am handicapped, I feel, because most of the Z-film clips I've seen terminate quickly after frame 313...and the fact that, without a first-generation copy, I don't believe we're getting the full story.

But you've just about convinced me that, besides all 3 shots coming from the rear, there was possibly only one assassin.

So c'mon, Tom...what's this tease about the real "Magic Bullet" ??

Tom, OK, so apart from stretching of jacket, rifling, extrusion and apparent polishing of surface a bullet fired through a 1" oak limb looks largely pristine. I can see how even the rifling effect on the rim base causes a sharper ridge here, supporting a 'punch' scenario.

I'm confused as to your reference to this bullet striking bone with its nose. In another post you explained the deformation of the base as being from striking the vertebra, it then stayed put and fell out later. When did the nose strike bone?

Obviously I'd like an explanation as to Mr and Mrs Connally's statements, statements that they repeated many times outside WC documents. They seem quite clear that Connally was already hit when Kennedy received the head wound.

(Here is a unfired WCC 6.5 bullet comparison with the one through the oak limb.)

If recalled correctly, the statement was in regards to the "Real" Magic Bullet.

CE399 is not "Magic", as it did not create wounds and then disappear.

Neither did it go through JFK & JBC.

Tom

Politicians, not unlike magicians, can make things disappear.

If recalled correctly, the statement was in regards to the "Real" Magic Bullet.

CE399 is not "Magic", as it did not create wounds and then disappear.

Neither did it go through JFK & JBC.

Tom

Tom.

Tom, I've never been a believer in "body snatchers" and "altered wounds"...primarily because I've always thought that the truth, when misrepresented in a certain way, can be used to intentionally cause mistaken conclusions to be drawn. I believe that, for the most part, that was the main function of the Warren Commission. And following your logic and your examination of the evidence, it's apparent that the x-rays and the autopsy materials weren't faked...but they may have intentionally misrepresented. And I can accept that CE-399 was the first shot, falling out of the shallow back wound, rather than a bullet from Connally's thigh as put forth in the preposterous SBT.

Of course, the evidence you've presented on the alteration of the surveyor's data shows us that the Warren Commission wasn't above tampering with some of the evidence.

Something I've had a hard time letting go of is the conclusion, based upon the Z-film, that there must have been a frontal shot to explain the rearward motion of JFK's body...but after reviewing the information that John Dolva has provided, I'm almost certain now that the rearward motion is a result of (1) JFK's body going limp, and (2) possibly the acceleration of the limo [that conclusion being dependent upon Greer's actual reaction behind the wheel].

I am handicapped, I feel, because most of the Z-film clips I've seen terminate quickly after frame 313...and the fact that, without a first-generation copy, I don't believe we're getting the full story.

But you've just about convinced me that, besides all 3 shots coming from the rear, there was possibly only one assassin.

It was sugically removed from the lower leg of JBC.

From the one X-Ray I have seen which shows it, it's nose was quite bent and deformed, which was apparantely caused by the rib strike.

Tom

Tom.

It was sugically removed from the lower leg of JBC.

From the one X-Ray I have seen which shows it, it's nose was quite bent and deformed, which was apparantely caused by the rib strike.

Tom

"I turned to my left to look in the back seat---the President had slumped."

November 27, 1963 Televised interview of JBC at Parkland Hospital.

"but I did not catch the President in the corner of my eye,"

"So I looked, failing to see him,"

WC Testimony of John B. Connally

One should ask exactly how it was that on 11/27/63, with the events fresh in memory, JBC could recall seeing that JFK had "slumped", yet by the time his WC testimony came about, he claimed that he failed to see JFK.

Even the Z-film demonstrates that unless JBC had his eyes closed, that he most certainly should have been able to see JFK, since he was almost directly looking in that direction.

Now, exactly why would someone lie?

Tom

Tom, Could you please provide a link to a full text of this Parkland Interview. Or post it in its relevant entirity here?

In joint interviews and separate interviews that I've read, Mr and Mrs Connally are quite clear about what happened.

Mr Connally :

"..........so I turned to look back over my right shoulder, and I saw nothing unusual except just people in the crowd, but I did not catch the President in the corner of my eye, and I was interested, because once I heard the shot in my own mind I identified it as a rifle shot, and I immediately--the only thought that crossed my mind was that this is an assassination attempt.

So I looked, failing to see him, I was turning to look back over my left shoulder into the back seat, but I never got that far in my turn. I got about in the position I am in now facing you, looking a little bit to the left of center, and then I felt like someone had hit me in the back.

So I merely doubled up, and then turned to my right again and began to--I just sat there, and Mrs. Connally pulled me over to her lap. She was sitting, of course, on the jump seat, so I reclined with my head in her lap, conscious all the time, and with my eyes open; and then, of course, the third shot sounded, and I heard the shot very clearly. I heard it hit him. I heard the shot hit something, and I assumed again--it never entered my mind that it ever hit anybody but the President. I heard it hit. It was a very loud noise, just that audible, very clear.

Immediately I could see on my clothes, my clothing, I could see on the interior of the car which, as I recall, was a pale blue, brain tissue, which I immediately recognized, and I recall very well, on my trousers there was one chunk of brain tissue as big as almost my thumb, thumbnail, and again I did not see the President at any time either after the first, second, or third shots, but I assumed always that it was he who was hit and no one else.

Mrs Connally:

"When we got past this area I did turn to the President and said, "Mr. President, you can't say Dallas doesn't love you."

Then I don't know how soon, it seems to me it was very soon, that I heard a noise, and not being an expert rifleman, I was not aware that it was a rifle. It was just a frightening noise, and it came from the right.

I turned over my right shoulder and looked back, and saw the President as he had both hands at his neck.

"--he made no utterance, no cry. I saw no blood, no anything. It was just sort of nothing, the expression on his face, and he just sort of slumped down.

Then very soon there was the second shot that hit John. As the first shot was hit, and I turned to look at the same time, I recall John saying, "Oh, no, no, no." Then there was a second shot, and it hit John, and as he recoiled to the right, just crumpled like a wounded animal to the right, he said, "My God, they are going to kill us all."

I just pulled him over into my arms because it would have been impossible to get us really both down with me sitting and me holding him. So that I looked out, I mean as he was in my arms, I put my head down over his head so that his head and my head were right together, and all I could see, too, were the people flashing by. I didn't look back any more.

The third shot that I heard I felt, it felt like spent buckshot falling all over us, and then, of course, I too could see that it was the matter, brain tissue, or whatever, just human matter, all over the car and both of us.

You are the first person I've read about who has reported a surgery to remove a bullet from Connally's thigh. Or seen a xray of a bullet in his thigh.

The zfilm as I see it shows that what the Connally's are saying is indeed possible.

Theyre a married couple who have been talking over the events. It's not unreasonable to assume that Connally is paraphrasing Mrs Connally when saying the president had slumped. No lies necessary. Later they realised the signiificance and were quite careful to separate their statements. The joint interview that I've read shows this clearly.