The Education Forum

Where was David Atlee Phillips?

Thomas Graves

Can anyone please tell me where David Atlee Phillips was on 11/22/63?  Thanks.

On his deathbed Phillips reportedly admitted to his brother that he was in Dallas. This was related by Phillips's nephew Shawn Phillips to Gary Buell, and is recounted in Larry Hancock's book Someone Would Have Talked (pp. 126-127).

A little qualification on this, first Shawn Phillips statement - which was brought to all our attention by Gary Buell - does include a quote from Dave Phillips admitting to his brother that he was in Dallas.

"Where you in Dallas on that day"? David said , "Yes" and Jim hung up the phone....David was on his death bed and Jim felt seriously enough about it that he never talked with him again before he died.

However another part of Jim's story is neglected and that is the fact that David apparently used the private alies of "Raul Salcedo", lots of room for research on that one.

I do also need to note that we have obtained a CIA document recording that Phillips was expected to pick up documentation in Mexico City coming in from a person coming out of Cuba. Not that Phillips could not have arranged pick up and forwarding but as far as CIA documents go he definitely was supposed to be in MC that weekend.

-- Larry

Guest Stephen Turner
Re what Phillips allegedy said, please see the thread I started called "Scenario".  It may explain why Phillips admitted to being in Dealey Plaza, and then cried.

Perhaps he was one of the two people mascarading as policemen who confiscated Gorden Arnold's film, according to Arnold one of them was crying too. B)

Members should consider visiting this thread:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=4681

It includes the email sent by Shawn Phillips to Gary Buell in January, 2003.

Hello all. Please see my recent post on the "Howard Hunt and the JFK Assassination" topic. All feedback welcome.... Thanks.

• 7 years later...

A little qualification on this, first Shawn Phillips statement - which was brought to all our attention by Gary Buell - does include a quote from Dave Phillips admitting to his brother that he was in Dallas.

"Where you in Dallas on that day"? David said , "Yes" and Jim hung up the phone....David was on his death bed and Jim felt seriously enough about it that he never talked with him again before he died.

However another part of Jim's story is neglected and that is the fact that David apparently used the private alies of "Raul Salcedo", lots of room for research on that one.

I do also need to note that we have obtained a CIA document recording that Phillips was expected to pick up documentation in Mexico City coming in from a person coming out of Cuba. Not that Phillips could not have arranged pick up and forwarding but as far as CIA documents go he definitely was supposed to be in MC that weekend.

-- Larry

I suppose there was plenty of time for him to be in Dallas on Friday for the Big Event and then in MC (to pay off someone?) on Saturday or Sunday. And I he could always say, "Yeah, I was in Dallas. I'm from Ft. Worth, you know, and I was just visiting family and friends on my way to Mexico City."

In this photo his face resembles the face of the man crossing Elm Street in the Cancellare:

adavidatleephillipsinspecto_small.jpg

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves