The Education Forum

Question for William E. Kelly

Guest Stephen Turner

Very interesting James. Unless he has had plastic surgery this is not the same man in the pic in "Sixth Floor". What this book has is not a very good reprint but I will try to scan it and see it comes out. The noses are very different. Tho at a closer look the noses of Mexico City LHO pic and Geb also look different, so perhaps it's not Geb after all. YOu'd think after all these years someone would have come forward to id this pic!!! (Dawn Meredith)

Hi Dawn,

There are a few years between the 1938 image and the one I posted. I would be nice if we could get hold of a quality image of Geb (circa 1963) which we could then compare to the Mexico Oswald. If I remember correctly, wasn't Geb's father mixed up with one of the military's Intelligence services?

As to our Mexico Oswald, it has been suggested that he is Mario Tauler Sague. I have been searching for a quality image of him as well. I dug up a grainy one which really doesn't help so I will keep looking.

Cheers,

James

Jack,

Is this the same Norton who now runs a fishing based business in Florida?

James

You decide.

Jack

Could very well be, Jack. Interesting comparison.

Thanks.

James

Folks, I just have discovered a new "Doppelgänger" !!!!!

Now I do need a reality check I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the MexCitySaul was in the LHO Marine

photo which also shows Roscoe White.

Jack

Hi Jack,

I agree.

FWIW, Thomas

:)

Hey,

Could anybody post that photo of LHO, RW and possible "Saul" in the USMC?

Joan Mellen mentions Donald P. Norton in a number of rederences and includes a photo of DPN sitting at a piano back in the days of interest. Maybe somebody with a scanner can copy and post it? Does it match the other Norton pix we have?

I also managed to move some JFK related files from my old computer to the one I'm using on line, and found this article I wrote about Donald P. Norton, based on a Vancover newspaper article.

Apparently there was a Canadian radio interview as well that would be interesting to get a recording or transcript.

Article attached:

Bk

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Edited by William Kelly

Hi Dawn,

Here is Ralph Geb from the mid 1940's. I do not believe this to be the Mexico Oswald.

Cheers,

James

My nominee for Geb (20-year difference) is here on the far left:

arce2.jpg

• 1 month later...

I just found an old article someone had sent me regarding Donald J. Norton.

We have Donald P. Norton, Donald O. Norton and now Donald J. Norton.

From FLORIDA TODAY - BY MILTON sALAMON, COLUMNIST.

Make it 25 years ago...when RCA Astronautics sent its public releations team down here to the Cape from Cherry Hill, N.J....to get media folks cheering for the launch of an RCA Satcom satellite (or such)....After al these years, we heard yesterday from a Donald J. Norton, listed as president on the letterhead of the Squadrons Thirty-Three Association in Rehoboth Beach, Del...Don Norton wrote a fine biography, Larry, about the aviation pioneer who founded Bell Aircraft. "I've been retired for a few years now and head an association of former Navy pilots and air and ground crews who served in squadrons bearijng the number 33," Don said. "WE're going to hold a reunion...."

BK

Edited by William Kelly

I think the MexCitySaul was in the LHO Marine

photo which also shows Roscoe White.

Jack

As I said earlier, I agree with you on this, Jack.

Does anybody know whether or not LHO had a camera in May of 1959 which could have taken this photo? If he didn't have such a camera, how did this photo come to be one of his "possessions?" Was it a gift? A plant? ??

FWIW, Thomas

Hi Dawn,

Here is Ralph Geb from the mid 1940's. I do not believe this to be the Mexico Oswald.

Cheers,

James

My nominee for Geb (20-year difference) is here on the far left:

arce2.jpg

???