The Education Forum

Introduce yourself here

49 minutes ago, Stuart Green said:

Hello,

It is a pleasure to be part of the forum.

Keen interest in the JFKA since my teens but for the past two years since my return from Europe (UK now) had more time to consume reading material & the pages here & elsewhere.

Looking to Research a particular part of the case, but still looking for my muse within it.

Although a novice compared to many, I hope occasionally I will have sharpened my knowledge sufficiently to occasionally "chip in".

Keep safe.

Welcome. I for one look forward to new voices on EF, and am anxious to learn which particular part of the case has grabbed your attention.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/18/2023 at 7:37 PM, Leslie Sharp said:

Welcome. I for one look forward to new voices on EF, and am anxious to learn which particular part of the case has grabbed your attention.

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the welcome, sorry such a late reply, I wish I could pin point what part of the case intrigues me most! the more I read, the more I watch, the more I get dragged from one thing to another, I need to become more disciplined in my approach rather than attempting to consume it all, hopefully soon I will find exactly what hole to go down.

• 4 months later...

My name is Donald Willis.  I've written 8 books, mainly on horror and science fiction films, and edited one book, "Variety's Complete Science Fiction Reviews".  My most recent books:  "Chronology of Classic Horror Films: The 1930s" and "... The 1940s."  It began as one book, but my editor said 700 pages would be a little too lengthy.  It divided easily into two... The first was nominated for a Rondo award on the Classic Horror Film Board.  The second was called "wonderfully readable" by Rick, the CHFB's resident book reviewer.  I've also contributed articles to Film Comment, Film Quarterly, and Sight & Sound.  One of my articles in the latter, "Ozu: Emotion and Contemplation", was reprinted for the Hong Kong Film Festival, back in the 90s.

• 5 months later...

I'm Ben Green, I've been a journalist for almost 20 years but my fascination with the JFKA began way before that when I was still at school when I first saw Oliver Stone's JFK (would've been around 2023). I'm no expert on the case by any stretch of the imagination but have read a dozen or so books on the subject and watched a number of documentaries etc. 

My obsession eased somewhat post 2010 but the 60th anniversary reignited my interest in the subject and I have been consuming lots of online resources since then, relevant Youtube content, the Rob Reiner podcast, as well as keeping a close eye on this forum.

I'd like to someday, somehow contribute to JFKA research efforts, even if just in a small way.

• 3 weeks later...

Hell oeverybody,

I'm Fred, from Normandy ( beetween D-Day beaches and Mont Saint-Michel ).

I've been fisherman and since twenty years, I'm policeman and I'm conducting investigations ( mainly petty crimes ).