The Education Forum

Dallas COPA

While I can't be there, a lot of my friends and associates will be, and I hope some people from this foum stop by the Hotel Lawrence for some or all of the program. I relinquished my time to Joan Mellen so should could have a full hour to make her presentation. And I see she is bringing along her ex-husband Ralph, a first generation researcher and major character in her book. - BK

DALLAS COPA Digging Up History

11th Annual Regional Meeting

Coalition on Political Assassinations

November 18-20, 2005

Hotel Lawrence, 302 S. Houston St., Dallas, TX

Schedule

Friday, November 18

Adolphus Hotel, 1321 Commerce Street (shuttle available from Hotel Lawrence)

5-6 pm Drinks and dinner at Bistro Lounge (individual bills)

6:30-7:00 pm Keynote: Rep. Cynthia McKinney

Sylvia Meagher Lifetime Achievement Award presentation

7-9 pm Walt Brown and Paul Krassner – comic relief

Saturday, November 19

Hotel Lawrence, 302 S. Houston Street (second floor meeting rooms)

Books and resource room open during all events

9 am – 10:30 am – JFK, the investigations

David Wrone on the Zapruder Film

Robert Groden on the HSCA

Jerry McKnight on the Warren Commission

Walt Brown on the Warren Commission

10:30 am – 12:00 pm – The Suspects

Paris Flammonde on The Kennedy Conspiracy

Ralph Schoenmann on Bertrand Russell’s Tribunal

Dick Russell on The Man Who Knew Too Much

Dave Starks on Gerald Posner and the counter-critics

1:00 – 2:30 pm - LBJ and the JFK Assassination

Billie Sol Estes on LBJ

Ronnie Dugger on JFK and Dallas

Barr McClellan, on JFK and Dallas

Ed Tatro on the History Channel series

2:30 – 4:00 pm – Archiving the Assassinations

Philip Melanson, PhD – The RFK collection at U Mass Dartmouth

Rex Bradford – the digital archives of the AARC

Jerry McKnight – the Weissberg archive at Hood College

Ben Rogers, curator of the Penn Jones collection at Baylor University

Chris Pike, collecting Penn Jones materials

Clay Carson, curator of the ML King Papers Project at Stanford

Sam Anderson, director of the Malcolm X Museum at the Audubon Ballroom in Harlem

Summer Reese, curator for Larry Teeter’s papers on RFK case

4:00 – 5:00 pm – COINTELPRO – The Murders of “Black Messiahs” and Peace Candidates

Sam Anderson, director of the Malcolm X Museum

Nick Kotz on LBJ and MLK

T Carter and Lyndon Barsten on James Earl Ray

Dr. William Pepper on MLK and RFK

Philip Melanson, PhD on MLK and RFK

Hotel Lawrence, 302 S. Houston St.

7-8 pm Dick Gregory

8-11 pm Video presentations – mixed topics

Sunday, November 20

Hotel Lawrence, 302 S. Houston St.

Books and resource room open during all events

9:00 – 9:30 am – Jim Garrison’s case

Joan Mellen on “The Alternative Patsy”

9:30 – 10:30 am – Digging Up History, Opening Files and Cases

T Carter and John Judge on the MLK Records Act HR 2554

Bill Kelly on opening a Grand Jury investigation on JFK

Dr. William Pepper on reopening RFK, a civil suit

Dick Gregory on finding the truth

10:30 am – 12:00 pm – The 9/11 Omission

John Judge on the McKinney Congressional Briefings, Brain Trusts and Able Danger

T Carter on Flight 77

Michael Nurko on latest evidence

12:00 – 1:00 pm – The Future of COPA – roundtable discussion

Tuesday, November 22

12:30 pm – Annual Moment of Silence, Grassy Knoll, Dealey Plaza with speakers following to commemorate the 42nd anniversary of the assassination of President John F. Kennedy

Registration $50 or $20/day, payable at event.

It looks a very good line-up. I will be in Dallas while it is on but will not be able to attend because of the JFK Lancer Conference. There is also another good conference taking place in Washington at the same time. It is a shame that the various organizations could not get together to avoid these clashes.

It looks a very good line-up. I will be in Dallas while it is on but will not be able to attend because of the JFK Lancer Conference. There is also another good conference taking place in Washington at the same time. It is a shame that the various organizations could not get together to avoid these clashes.

And here are details on the AARC conference:

Date :

November 18-20, 2005

Where :

The Bethesda Hyatt Regency Hotel 7400 Wisconsin Avenue, N .W . Bethesda, Maryland

Thursday Evening , November 17 - 7 :00 - Registration - 9 :00 PM

Friday Morning. November 18 - 7 :00 AM - Registration

"CRACKING THE JFK CASE" CONFERENCE PROGRAM

8:00 AM – Opening Remarks : Jim Lesar, J .D . President, Assassianton Archives & Research Center

I . What Does the New Evidence Tell It About The CIA’s Connection to the Crime?

8 :15 AM Joan Mellen, Ph.D. - A Farewell to Justice : Jim Garrison, JFK's Assassination, and the Case That Should Have Changed History

9 :30 AM Jefferson Morley Washingtonpost.com - What Mexico City Station Chief Win Scott Knew : CIA Deception Around Oswald's Visit to Mexico City

10 :15 AM Break

10 :30 AM David Talbot Salon.com - If There Was a Conspiracy Why Didn't Bobby Do Anything About It?

11 :15 AM Panel Discussion David Talbot, Joan Mellen, Jefferson Morley, Prof . Gerald McKnight, Prof . David Wrone, Anthony Summers

12 :00 AM Lunch Break

Friday Afternoon, November 18

II . Why Was Kennedy Killed? An Examination of the Probable Motives

1 :00 PM . Seven Days in May : The Military James Bamford vs . JFK

2 :00 PM Former Senator Gary Hart - The Church Committee and the Still Unanswered Questions

3 :15 PM Break

3 :30 PM Prof. David Wrone - JFK, LBJ, and the American Empire

4 :30 PM Session Ends

Friday Evening, November 18

There will be a showing of films, probably two of the following three: “JFK” (director’s cut), “The Warren Commission” (produced by Chip Selby) or “Rush to Judgement.”

Saturday Morning, September 18

9 :30 AM - Prof. John Newman - James Jesus Angleton and the Assassination of President Kennedy

Richard Whalen - The Truth at the Bottom of the Bay of Pigs

Prof. Peter Dale Scott - Joseph Milteer, Pedro del Valle, Northwoods, and the Strategy of Tension

III Crime Scene Evidence.

Dr. Randolph Robertson - Crime Scene Evidence : Why Oswald Alone Could Not Have Killed Kennedy

10 :45 AM Dr. Gary Aguilar - The Evidence That Kennedy Was Hit Twice in the Head

11 :45 noon lunch break

Saturday Afternoon, November 19th

III . Crime Scene Evidence (cont .)

1 :00 PM Patrick M. Grant, Ph. D. Proper Assessment of the Bullet Lead Evidence from the Assassination of

President Kennedy, Part I

1 :45 PM Erik Randich, Ph. D. Proper Assessment of the Bullet Lead Evidence from the Assassination of President Kennedy, Part II

2 :30 PM Josiah Thompson, Ph. D. - Bedrock Evidence in the Kennedy Assassination : Where Can You Find It?

3 :15 PM Panel on the Photographic Evidence Josiah Thompson, Prof . David Wrone, Rollie Zavada

3 :45 PM Break

4 :00 PM Richard Garwin, Ph.D. - New Analysis Confirms That the "shots" on the Dallas Police Department Tapes Occurred

5 :00 PM Don Thomas, Ph.D.- Critics and Critiques of the Acoustical Evidence in the Assassination of President Kennedy Occurred About One Minute After the President Was Shot

7 :30 PM Dinner .

Saturday Evening, November 19th

After dinner speech G. Robert Blakey : "Second Thoughts”

Sunday, September 19

IV. The News Media and the Assassination of President Kennedy

9 :40 AM Dan Alcorn The Danger of Secret Power in Democracy

10 :00 AM Clayton Ogilvie The Hood College Library

10 :15 AM The Mary Ferrell Foundation Website Staff representative

10 :30 AM Break

10 :45 AM Panel : How Do We Overcome News Media Resistance? Anthony Summers, Richard Whalen, Jefferson Morley, David Talbot

The Press and the Assassination of President Kennedy : An American Journalist's "Mea Culpa"

A BBC Journalist and Author's Perspective on the Press and the Assassination of President Kennedy

11 :30 AM

V. What We Should Do to Move the Case Forward?

Specific Proposals Jim Lesar, Jefferson Morley, David Talbot, Richard Whalen, Dan Alcorn.

12 :45 PM Concluding Remarks Jim Lesar, J .D .

1 :00 PM Conference Ends

The Maryland conference sounds fantastic Bill. Do you know if any of these talks/papers will be made available online or in book form?

You know John,

They all videotape and make DVDs, but if its not a transcript its not citable research.

All of the conferences should be transcribed.

I'll look into it.

Also, as for your question regarding different orgs cooperating, I could tell you the history and explain it somewhat, but it would be a waste of time.

BK

[ Bill:

Thanks for posting the COPA line up. Based on your post I was scrambling to make a last minute ditch effort to get there.

Alas, (AND THIS IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF GERRY HEMMING) I had to pick a jury late yesteday and the trial will begin on Thursday probably running thru Monday...including late Friday so, will have to miss this wonderful sounding conference.

Just seeing the potential furr fly between Walt Brown and Barr McClellan was going to be worth the price of admission!! :). Having to miss Joan Mellen really saddens me.

I hope she will return next year.

Kudos to you for giving up your spot to her!!

Dawn

[ Bill:

Thanks for posting the COPA line up. Based on your post I was scrambling to make a last minute ditch effort to get there.

Alas, (AND THIS IS FOR THE BENEFIT OF GERRY HEMMING) I had to pick a jury late yesteday and the trial will begin on Thursday probably running thru Monday...including late Friday so, will have to miss this wonderful sounding conference.

Just seeing the potential furr fly between Walt Brown and Barr McClellan was going to be worth the price of admission!! :). Having to miss Joan Mellen really saddens me.

I hope she will return next year.

Kudos to you for giving up your spot to her!!

Dawn

I did a google search and discovered that Joan Mellen had some trouble finding a publisher for her book. Anybody know how she overcame that obstacle? Who finally published her book, and why would anybody want to read a book about Jim Garrison?

I did a google search and discovered that Joan Mellen had some trouble finding a publisher for her book. Anybody know how she overcame that obstacle? Who finally published her book, and why would anybody want to read a book about Jim Garrison?

Oh, the one note wonder has now taken over this thread with her same old same old: I will have you know Ms Mellen has authored 17 books. This book is published by Potomac books.

You should read it; you just might learn something. I'd also recommend Jim DiEugenio's excellent "Destiny Betrayed" and Bill Davy's "Let Justice Be Done".

Out of curiosity, just what books on the assassination of JFK have you actually READ???

And where's your pic? (Isn't that a rule John???)

Lynne, I am not trying to get you "banned" from the forum, I am just wondering why you must take over every single thread with your aggression against Garrison?

Why don't you re-do your bio and tell the forum members how you came to be interested in this case, and what you have written (if anything) or done (if anything) to advance the solving of this case.

Incidently, I agree with you that Tricky Dick may well have been involved but there is no proof of this. And given your overt hostility to me on this forum I was not about to concur with you on anything.

Dawn

Lynne, I am not trying to get you "banned" from the forum, I am just wondering why you must take over every single thread with your aggression against Garrison?

I have told Lynne/Mat several times that she/he needs to add her/his photograph as a avatar. She/he has not responded to my emails. Therefore, if this is not done, by midday, UK time, all of her/his posts will be deleted and all posting rights will be removed.

Oh, the one note wonder has now taken over this thread with her same old same old: I will have you know Ms Mellen has authored 17 books. This book is published by Potomac books.

You should read it; you just might learn something. I'd also recommend Jim DiEugenio's excellent "Destiny Betrayed" and Bill Davy's "Let Justice Be Done".

Out of curiosity, just what books on the assassination of JFK have you actually READ???

Why don't you re-do your bio and tell the forum members how you came to be interested in this case, and what you have written (if anything) or done (if anything) to advance the solving of this case.

Incidently, I agree with you that Tricky Dick may well have been involved but there is no proof of this. And given your overt hostility to me on this forum I was not about to concur with you on anything.

Dawn

I've read all of Epstein's work and Weisberg's work, and I have read all the websites I have been able to find on the Kennedy assassination. Reading another book about Garrison would be like reading the Starr Report -a total waste of time.

I think there is more proof that tricky dicky was involved, than there is evidence to call Charles Manson a murderer. I think there is no excuse for con artists like Jim Garrison.

I think people like Dorothy Killgalen advanced the truth about the Kennedy assassination while Gerald Posner, Jim Garrison, John McAdams and the like, mire the truth in perpetual obscurity, and betray genuine critics.

I think it is extremely pretentious to admire people like Dorothy Kilgallen and to fail to be aggressive towards those who are essentially responsible for devaluing their contribution. What do you think about Gerald Posner? (I haven't read his book but I've seen him on television, and that's enough.)

Edited by Lynne Foster