The Education Forum

FBI, the mob, and 9/11

In his new book David Aaronovitch debunks the world's greatest conspiracy theories. Here he deconstructs those that followed 9/11 and the 7/7 bombings.

David Aaronovitch does indeed know a great deal about political conspiracies. He of course played a leading role in convincing the British public that the invasion of Iraq was a good thing. He has long been a spokesman for Israel's foreign policy. He is also a supporter of Rupert Murdoch's media interests. Since June 2005, he has written a regular column for The Times and regularly writes columns for the Jewish Chronicle.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his new book David Aaronovitch debunks the world's greatest conspiracy theories. Here he deconstructs those that followed 9/11 and the 7/7 bombings.

David Aaronovitch does indeed know a great deal about political conspiracies. He of course played a leading role in convincing the British public that the invasion of Iraq was a good thing. He has long been a spokesman for Israel's foreign policy. He is also a supporter of Rupert Murdoch's media interests. Since June 2005, he has written a regular column for The Times and regularly writes columns for the Jewish Chronicle.

Would that be the international jewish conspiracy then John?

No, but it might have something to do with an Israeli conspiracy. I hope you are not one of those people who believe any attack on the foreign policy of Israel is part of a anti-Jewish conspiracy.

No, but it might have something to do with an Israeli conspiracy. I hope you are not one of those people who believe any attack on the foreign policy of Israel is part of a anti-Jewish conspiracy.

or indeed a 'Eurocommunist' conspiracy. Anything is possible when you cherry pick your evidence.

or indeed a 'Eurocommunist' conspiracy. Anything is possible when you cherry pick your evidence.

I don't believe in a 9/11 conspiracy. However, I do believe that governments conspire in order to mislead the population. For example, the governments of Britain, the USA and Israel, in an effort to persuade us that Iraq had WMD and posed a threat to the lives of people living in the UK. David Aaronovitch was very much part of this conspiracy. So also was Rupert Murdoch. Every one of his 179 newspapers argued in favour of the invasion. Interestingly, in an interview he gave at the time, the main reason for this policy was a belief that it would result in a fall in the oil price and an increase in stock-market shares.

I don't believe in a 9/11 conspiracy. However, I do believe that governments conspire in order to mislead the population. For example, the governments of Britain, the USA and Israel, in an effort to persuade us that Iraq had WMD and posed a threat to the lives of people living in the UK. David Aaronovitch was very much part of this conspiracy. So also was Rupert Murdoch. Every one of his 179 newspapers argued in favour of the invasion. Interestingly, in an interview he gave at the time, the main reason for this policy was a belief that it would result in a fall in the oil price and an increase in stock-market shares.

It is fair comment to say that Aaronovitch is/was New Labour and thereby supported the invasion of Iraq - it is a quantum and dangerous leap however from there to extrapolate membership an 'Israeli conspiracy'.

What are your views on his analysis of 9/11 and 7/7 conspiracy theory?

911 happened. It requires no special BELIEF to know that ALL SEVEN BUILDINGS of the World Trade Center

were demolished. No other buildings were demolished. Only 2 buildings were hit by "airplanes". It strains

credulity that these seven buildings, all owned by one man, were the only buildings destroyed. Three steel

framed buildings collapsed on one day without sufficient cause. Tell us, John, why these seven buildings

and no others were destroyed. Coincidence?

Jack

See what passes for research on the train wreck that is killclown's forum:

http://forum.911movement.org/index.php?showtopic=7174

Those clowns say it will "...go down in history as a cornerstone of our era". Yeah - of the rampant idiocy that is the truther movement.

See what passes for research on the train wreck that is killclown's forum:

http://forum.911movement.org/index.php?showtopic=7174

Those clowns say it will "...go down in history as a cornerstone of our era". Yeah - of the rampant idiocy that is the truther movement.

I think there is a line which can be crossed between conspiricism and psychosis. The psychotic or someone experiencing a psychotic episode will by definition be unable to distinguish between reality and their imagination - they will passionately believe things that are not true.

There is a sustaining'heat' which surrounds groups of psychotics fuelled by a community validation which sustains their delusions.This goes some way to explain their desire to inhabit groups where 'non believers' are excluded. I think you've found an example of this phenomenon there Evan.

Argument and reason are no help to psychotics instead what is required is proper professional help.

There are also very responsible and sober researchers in the 911 Truth Movement

Like those who believe in holographic aircraft and laser beams?

How about those who would just like some damn answers, to questions that were not even asked by the official "investigation" of 9/11?

Is wanting answers to legitimate questions (i.e., wanting truth, as in "truth movement") a symptom of psychosis?

I think there is a line which can be crossed between conspiricism and psychosis. The psychotic or someone experiencing a psychotic episode will by definition be unable to distinguish between reality and their imagination - they will passionately believe things that are not true.

There is a sustaining'heat' which surrounds groups of psychotics fuelled by a community validation which sustains their delusions.This goes some way to explain their desire to inhabit groups where 'non believers' are excluded. I think you've found an example of this phenomenon there Evan.

Argument and reason are no help to psychotics instead what is required is proper professional help.

A truly compelling analysis of the sickness which underpins belief in the OCT. And a first, I believe, for this forum: A contributor dismisses himself as "psychotic." Impressive honesty.

More seriously, if, as appears to have been established by the FBI, her husband lied about the duration and content of her phone calls, which part of the Barbara Olson narrative are we to accept, and on what basis?

A truly compelling analysis of the sickness which underpins belief in the OCT. And a first, I believe, for this forum: A contributor dismisses himself as "psychotic." Impressive honesty.

Congratulations Paul you are as 'daft' as your picture suggests :lol:

http://www.russiatoday.com/Top_News/2009-0...attack-job.html

911 reasons why 9/11 was (probably) an inside job

09 September, 2009, 17:50

9/11 was the day steel-framed buildings fell like sandcastles, the law of physics worked in reverse and the United States Air Force went missing in action. So what is the real story?

By Robert Bridge, RT

Part two starts out with the falsehood of a two minute intercept on Payne Stewart's jet. Great research standards there. :lol:

The intercept of Stewart's plane took over an hour. In the official report the time changes from Easter Daylight Time (EDT)to Central Daylight Time (CDT) when Stewart's plane crossed the time zone boundary.

The official NTSB report is located here

http://www.ntsb.gov/Publictn/2000/AAB0001.htm

Here is an article that gets the timing right, adjusted for a single time zone

http://www.historycommons.org/entity.jsp?e...payne_stewart_1

More info here

http://www.911myths.com/html/payne_stewart.html

and here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payne_Stewart#Death