The Education Forum

The CIA and the Politics of Heroin

John Simkin

[]

quote from RJS

Pat,

I was in touch with a retired DEA agent a few years ago who essentially confirmed a story that had been making the rounds for several years. You recall the death of DEA agent Enrique "Kiki" Camarena in Mexico in 1985, said to have been murdered by Mexican drug lords. If I recall, 2 low level traffickers were convicted and sentenced to life in prison for Camarena's death. This former DEA guy said Camerena was murdered by the CIA because he found out about an airfield in Mexico used by the CIA as a stopover from Central America to the US. As you know(and this forum's own Tosh Plumlee can confirm this I'm sure, as he made many of these flights), the CIA would fly weapons and supplies to Central America, and bring tons of cocaine back on the return flight. Barry Seal was also heavily involved in these operations(who was himself murdered outside New Orleans allegedly with a trunk full of documents proving ties to the CIA and GHWB). Tosh's closed session testimony to the Kerry Committee is still sealed as secret, related to national security.

In the early 90's, CIA officials went to Los Angeles and held a news conference to try to convince poor

black families that they had nothing to do with cocaine smuggling. It was big news. They were nearly run out of the city. And if is in fact true that John Kerry apologized to one of Operation 40's chief assassins(and personal friend of GHWB), it certainly changes my mind about that senator. But then again, it's all politics as usual isn't it?

RJS

Ref: Plumlee

".... DEA FILES INFORMATION:

DEAfiles.pdf DEA Mexico OPS: These documents make reference to "Guatemalan Guerrillas" training at a ranch owned by Drug Lord CARO- Quintero in Vera Crus, Mexico. It was reported at the time this was a CIA training site where weapons were exchanged for drugs in support of the Contra effort in Nicaragua and Costa Rico. DEA Agent Enrique Camarena (KIKI) and his pilot found out about this operation known as "The CIA Thing" and were killed because of this knowledge. Plumlee and other American undercover pilots had flown into this ranch many times as reported in various sections within these documents and other news media leaks in Mexico and America. The operation was known as "AMSOG" and, as reported to Senator Gary Hart and his Senate investigators in early 1983, was an "illegal" smuggling operation through Mexico into the United States, supported by the US Military, Panama Southern Command.

Ref: DEA Secret Class 2 documents investigators Susand Baldwin and Hector Berelliz DEA. Documents can be found at toshplumlee.info in PDF foremat.

Reference previous post of Oct 31, 04 "Professional Researchers and Investigators #14" answ to RJS

Wasn't the drug interdiction operation just a cover for smuggling cocaine back into the States? You said your team weren't cocaine smugglers, then you told Eye to Eye that you flew over 2000 keys of coke into El Toro. Can you resolve this?

RJS

Reply: 10/31/04

".... I'll try.

We had infiltrated known cartel flyways. That was our assignment. Infiltrate, also known as 'Operation Penatrate". After we infiltrated the Cartel's Drug Routes, (undercover) through Mexico we brought our loads to various staging area in the United States and unloaded to be taken to "evidence storage" for what we thought were to be classified as "interdiction". It was later learned that some were saying the cocain coming in was being taken from the staging areas and sold on open market to finance weapon purchases for the Cintra Resupply. So you can say "I was a drug runner for Uncle Sam" or "I flew drugs for Uncle Sam". However, some of our team members lost their lives documenting the fly ways into this country in order to stop the drug trasportation into this country.

I flew over thousands of Kilo's of cocain into this country that was involved in a sanction federal undercover operation. I was working an operation authorized by the Federal government. What and how things were done or not done and the reasons thereof, I would not know.. I was an 'Undercover pilot for the federal government. What they did with it I found out later and came forward out of chanells, so as to protect myself by releasing documented classified information before the fact and not after.

(Hence the meetings with Senator Gary Hart) I did not and do not approved of how this OPS became used by 'Special Interest" to fund the Contra.

So in that respect some could say, I was a cocain sumuggler, but far different from drug cartel members, who operated for profit and personal gain. Keep in mind.The recap was from CBS as to how they interupeted what I had said. Hope this helps to some degree.

I feel I blew the whistle on a few special interest personal who were running an illegal operation from within the WhiteHouse. Tosh...".

(2005) Reference:

Senate Foreign Relations Committee, John Kerry's report (1990) Letter from Senator Gary Hart to the Senate Arm Services Committee requesting an investigation into these matters. Portions of these Senate and Congressional investigations were classified top secret committee sensitive in 1991, and remain so today. The Central America Map, with handwritten notes as to established flyways and aircraft ID's. as well as the pilots names who flew these sorties, was also classified by committee. However the San Diego Reader had already published before classification in 1990.

Today additional information has been released to the public concerning those operations of the early and mid eighties leading into the 'Iran/Contra" affair. This new released information confirms the information given under oath to the Senate in 1990, before it was classified top secret committee sensitive. Its established in the Congressional Record.

Details found within this testimony are about to come up for review for declassification. reference: (John Winer, Dick McCall, Senator John Kerry as referenced by "Legal Review to the Senate of the United States.

Some of those operatives associated with the Contra resupply network were also associated with the sixties operations of the JM/WAVE and "School of Americas", Ft. Benning GA. in operations to overthrow Castro and assassination attempts on Castro.

It appears a few of these operatives which were used in the Dallas gun running operations of the sixties to supply Alpha-66. as well as other operational cells in and around Florida and Louisanna, became active in Central America in the early eighties and worked sanctioned operations for MI with CIA logistical support (Pentagon/Langley) (an early ABLE-DANGER type format, controled out of the Pentagon and reporting to the "White House" (WH Situations Room, briefings.)

These Dallas Cubans had also been active in gun running as far back as 1958 in support of Castro, supplying the M-26-7 and other sanctioned operations of the time. Reference CIA review briefingmemo, 1962, 202- 303 and FBI- 105's

Referenced: FBI 105 files FBI 302's and FBI 62- as well as CIA 202, and 199J's ref: John Martino, John Farentello, Frank Bender, Tracy Barns, Toney Varona, Southwest Airmotive, Dallas Love Field. Executive Air, Red Bird Oak Cliff, (Dallas) declassified March 2001.

Tosh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter from Senator Gary Hart to the Senate Arm Services Committee requesting an investigation into these matters.... It appears a few of these operatives which were used in the Dallas gun running operations of the sixties to supply Alpha-66, as well as other operational cells in and around Florida and Louisanna, became active in Central America in the early eighties and worked sanctioned operations for MI with CIA logistical support (Pentagon/Langley), an early ABLE-DANGER type format, controlled out of the Pentagon and reporting to the "White House" (WH Situations Room, briefings). These Dallas Cubans had also been active in gun running as far back as 1958 in support of Castro, supplying the M-26-7 and other sanctioned operations of the time.

A letter from Gary Hart to John Kerry clearly demonstrates that Tosh's revelations significantly preceded any public awareness of the goings-on in Central America. In his letter, Senator Hart personally attests that he first had contact with Tosh Plumlee over this issue as early as March of 1983, three and a half years before the Iran/Contra story broke following the crash of Hasenfus' plane.

T.C.

Edited by Tim Carroll