The Education Forum

New Article by John Hunt - The Mystery of the 7:30 Bullet

John Hunt

The Mystery of the 7:30 Bullet

by

John Hunt

Introduction

In 2004 I petitioned the National Archives and Records Administration for access to most of the Kennedy assassination artifacts related to the conveyance of evidence to the FBI Laboratory. After a lengthy struggle, and literally hours before I was due to set off for the National Archives (NARA), I won an important battle. Steven Tilley, then Director of the JFK Collection, finally granted most of my requests.

I, a non-scientist, would be allowed access to the historic artifacts because NARA deemed my proposed examination to be, to use their term, "unique" in the history of the JFK case. For reasons beyond the scope of this essay, I was literally stunned by NARA's unexpected last-minute acquiescence. I was also elated. With a wide smile I slipped the two magnifying glasses I would use in tandem into my already-packed luggage. 1-

I traveled to NARA for my fifth extended stay and so it came to pass that on July 30, 2004, I conducted an examination that had never before been performed in the JFK case; I attempted to track the JFK ballistic evidence through time via its chain of custody as marked on the evidence itself. What I found startled me.

Read the rest here: http://www.jfklancer.com/hunt/mystery.html

In the words of Colonel Klink, "very interesting." At the very least you confirm the sloppiness of the FBI investigation. How else can Frazier have received the bullet at the same time Johnsen was giving it to Rowley? Frazier's either a screw-up or a xxxx.

• 6 years later...
  • 6 years later...
4 hours ago, Micah Mileto said:

fig3.jpg''

What is that handwritten notation in parentheses under "evidence received from Special Agent Orin Bartlett"?  

Hello Micah:

What is handwritten under the SA Orin Bartlett line is: "11:50 p.m. (From Dep. Chief Paul Paterni & SAC Wt House detail Floyd M. Boring)