The Education Forum

CIA and Emails

John Simkin

The United Kingdom has much to thank that many of you were not around during the "ultra secret" days.

No doubt, you would have filed suit against your own intelligence system's monitering of German & Japanese transmissions.

My family have a long tradition of fighting for freedom. My grandfather was killed in France in 1916. My father was badly wounded in the Second World War fighting for freedom. My mother enduring several years of constant bombardment from the skies while working in an armaments factory during the war. What were they fighting for? The freedom to vote. The freedom to organize. The freedom to express their opinions. What was the point of fighting against other countries for these freedoms if you allow them to be taken away by your own government. The CIA may or may not be reading my emails sent to friends in America. What I do know is that they have no right to do so? It will not stop me saying what I think about the world. However, my fear is that it might frighten some individuals to do as they think our masters want us to think. The worse form of censorship is always self-censorship. That is what this issue is really about.

"However, my fear is that it might frighten some individuals to do as they think our masters want us to think. The worse form of censorship is always self-censorship. That is what this issue is really about."

And, while I'm in total agreement with you, I'm probably one of the most out-spoken, rage-invecting, devil-may-care perpetrators of these exact same crimes(?). What, with my murderous schemes that leave my brother speechless on his cellphone at least once every Saturday during our transcontinental phone chats. Yet so far, the only repercussions I've experienced are from my Norton corrupting my Outlook Express mail server. This will not curtail the verbal abuse I'll inevitably hurl at the Bush fascists, and their NSA rabid pit bulls. I'll continue to be as vocal about their moronic ineptitude as always, especially to my senators and representatives.

As far as frightening some individuals? If they've got that much to lose then maybe they should remain as ostriches with their heads in the sand, because they'll never be of any use to the cause. Let's face it, there are too many creature comforts afforded to those who've never known anything else. And, I seriously doubt they'll ever be capable of risking the familiar for what they'll certainly perceive to be the unknown. They're the ones who'll always run and cower the minute they hear the barbarians are at the gates. What we need are true leaders who'll stand by their right to voice their opinions, and possibly with our own sets of verbal billy clubs and tear gas. Especially, if we ever expect to incite a peaceful riot again, at least during this hostile regime. But, I'm not counting on anyone but myself when the going really gets rough. Just MHO.

Thanks Terry!

Your comments fully demonstrate why, as frequently "rabid" americans, we will tolerate for short periods of time, government intrusion into our rights and freedoms.

Yet, if an when any of those in power think that this will be the "status quo", they will be among the "ex" politicians.

Just as those of us here can not fully understand or appreciate the views of those who live in other countries under different realms of government, those who have not lived and travelled throughout this country can not appreciate or understand the "backbone" of the general american public.

The Japanese did not understand this, and although told by one of their own to let a "sleeping dog lie", they nevertheless proceeded under the misconception that although at times lax and lackadasical, we would not come together and "bite" anyone who takes it upon themselves to attack our society.

Thereafter, as always, we will return to fighting among ourselves, sometimes over important issues, and sometimes over absolutely trivial items.

When the Iraq situation is ended, the long term advantages to the general american public will have many far reaching implications.

Of those will be the first "true" and completely qualified "Civillian Militia".

As a result of usage of our National Guard and Reserve Forces, we are now in the position that we have trained and experienced militia forces which are made up of civillians, and which will insure that our, as well as their rights are not abridged except as dictated necessary.

Think about that one!

Tom,

Can you help me with this one for starters? I've been "thinking about that one!" but I might need some clarification. It's my comprehension problems, you see.

What are these "long term advantages to the greater American public which we will see when the Iraq situation is ended"? I see the costs (death of soldiers, permanent incapacitation of soldiers, death of civilians, massive financial drain to the taxpayer, huge increase in the numbers of those volunteering to be suicide bombers, widespread hatred of the US throughout the Middle East etc) so what are these great advantages which will outweigh the costs? A trained and experienced militia made up of civilians, you say? Great. To what end will this be employed? And what other advantages are you speaking of?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic