The Education Forum

Something I have noticed

Mike Perez

Starting with the FBI / SS reconstruction of the assassination for the Warren Commission Report.

Has anyone besides me noticed that everytime someone does a reconstruction of the assassination whether it is done in Dealey Plaza or not. Whether it is for a fictionalized version of the assassination or not, that the people in control of the reconstruction never make the reconstruction exactly like the assassination happened on 11-22-63? They always use a different car, different location, a gun similar to but not the actual gun that LHO was supposed to use, the shoot a watermelon or some other inanimate object. ( I do realize they can't actually shoot a person) IMHO (which isn't worth much) I think if they are trying to prove that LHO committed the assassination with the weapon "they" say he used, at the time "they" say he did it, And President Kennedy was Where"they"say he was, in the car "they" he was in, then they should utilize all of the original information I state above in order to make the recreation acccurate.

Maybe I am off my rocker but it seems to me that everything has to be exactly the same for a recreation to take place. Including date, time, place, weapon, vehicle, and stand-in''s that are the exact size of Kennedy and Connally. If they film it, they need to use Zapruder's camera with the exact type of film he used and standing EXACTLY where he was standing. Maybe I am asking for to much, but to me that is the ONLY way that you can recreate the assassination of Kennedy and glean any information from the recreation.

Comments are welcome!!!!!

Mike

Even so, I'm not sure how it can ever be precisely replicated. Even on the same day/time, the climate will be different. The vegetation will be different. Even with stand-ins, there would be dramatic differences. The street surface is higher, signs and posts have been moved, all sorts of things. I don't see it ever happening.

Even so, I'm not sure how it can ever be precisely replicated. Even on the same day/time, the climate will be different. The vegetation will be different. Even with stand-ins, there would be dramatic differences. The street surface is higher, signs and posts have been moved, all sorts of things. I don't see it ever happening.

True, but to attempt to do so to the best of ones ability is worthwhile in seeking truth.

To quote myself from the Autopsy Table thread:

"What I mean is that once the features are working correctly and no significant objections can be found then, quite simply, the result must be accepted. (Until successfully challenged of course)

Anyway that what I reckon. So I'm suspending all expectations and it'll be interesting to see what the result is."

I suspect that often an idea is had and then the recreations aim is to prove the idea.

I think that even subconciously this is very hard not to do.

The problem with the sort of recreation you are talking about (which I tnink is really the only way to go) is that one may find oneself forced to change ones mind in fundamental ways.

This gives rise to a lot of uncomfortable sensations on the mind body phenomenon. The habit is to 'run' away from discomfort and this then becomes the guiding principle.

It's much more pleasant (particularly in a group of people such as the research community or a commission acting under orders to find a solution that makes people feel good. Peere pressure playsa role here.

Unfortunately in the process truth suffers and the guilty (who quite possibly are aware of this process) remain undiscovered.

In this way the conspiracy IS the conspiracy and the researcher as well as the governments advocates are the guiltys best friend.

Even so, I'm not sure how it can ever be precisely replicated. Even on the same day/time, the climate will be different. The vegetation will be different. Even with stand-ins, there would be dramatic differences.
True, but to attempt to do so to the best of ones ability is worthwhile in seeking truth.

It's true especially with photographic recreations that they need to be done as close as possible to November 22 @ 12:30 p.m. Even doing that, the most frustrating aspects are the way those empowered with maintenance of Dealey Plaza have allowed two key trees to overgrow to a degree that no recreation can be performed. One of the trees is the live oak that was partially blocking the sixth floor view, and has now grown to a point where no recreation from that window could be performed. The other is the grassy knoll tree, which will no longer allow sunlight to reach the recessed area near the pergola steps.

This has been allowed to happen despite the public policy intention to maintain the Plaza in as close to 1963 condition as possible.

T.C.

Mike, the WC recreated the assassination by using men roughly the same size as Kennedy and Connally and a secret service limo (they made adjustments to make the angles match Kennedy's limo) etc... They then took pictures from the sniper's nest and from Zapruder's position to figure out the exact locations of the car in the film and how it appeared from the sniper's nest. For the most part, their re-creation has stood the test of time.

However, as you've stated, they failed to accurately match the body positions within the car. THEY DIDN"T EVEN MEASURE THE LEFT TO RIGHT ANGLES OF A BULLET HEADING INTO THE CAR. It's obvious from this that they knew there were problems with the SBT, and that they were only trying to show that it was not completely irrational to accept that the SBT occurred. That this was their objective is confirmed by a WC memo from Norman Redlich.

They had the chance to do an accurate re-creation and refused to do it. That to me says it all.

Mike, the WC recreated the assassination by using men roughly the same size as Kennedy and Connally and a secret service limo (they made adjustments to make the angles match Kennedy's limo) etc... They then took pictures from the sniper's nest and from Zapruder's position to figure out the exact locations of the car in the film and how it appeared from the sniper's nest. For the most part, their re-creation has stood the test of time.

However, as you've stated, they failed to accurately match the body positions within the car. THEY DIDN"T EVEN MEASURE THE LEFT TO RIGHT ANGLES OF A BULLET HEADING INTO THE CAR. It's obvious from this that they knew there were problems with the SBT, and that they were only trying to show that it was not completely irrational to accept that the SBT occurred. That this was their objective is confirmed by a WC memo from Norman Redlich.

They had the chance to do an accurate re-creation and refused to do it. That to me says it all.

They also didn't use the actual limo for the recreation, opting instead to use the Queen Mary. According to various critiques I've read, the result was a slight change in seat height. This, of course, corresponds to some problems even with the angles they bothered to measure, let alone the ones they ignored.

Guest Stephen Turner

Carlos Hathcock had stated several times before his sad demise that he, and others had attempted to replicate the assassination as closely as possible, but despite several attempts had found the task beyond his capabilities, He said something like, if I cant do it, how did Oswald do it..

Starting with the FBI / SS reconstruction of the assassination for the Warren Commission Report.

Has anyone besides me noticed that everytime someone does a reconstruction of the assassination whether it is done in Dealey Plaza or not. Whether it is for a fictionalized version of the assassination or not, that the people in control of the reconstruction never make the reconstruction exactly like the assassination happened on 11-22-63? They always use a different car, different location, a gun similar to but not the actual gun that LHO was supposed to use, the shoot a watermelon or some other inanimate object. ( I do realize they can't actually shoot a person) IMHO (which isn't worth much) I think if they are trying to prove that LHO committed the assassination with the weapon "they" say he used, at the time "they" say he did it, And President Kennedy was Where"they"say he was, in the car "they" he was in, then they should utilize all of the original information I state above in order to make the recreation acccurate.

Maybe I am off my rocker but it seems to me that everything has to be exactly the same for a recreation to take place. Including date, time, place, weapon, vehicle, and stand-in''s that are the exact size of Kennedy and Connally. If they film it, they need to use Zapruder's camera with the exact type of film he used and standing EXACTLY where he was standing. Maybe I am asking for to much, but to me that is the ONLY way that you can recreate the assassination of Kennedy and glean any information from the recreation.

Comments are welcome!!!!!

Mike

I like your ideas. Just running some film through old Mr. Z's camera, developing it, and publishing the results would go a long way toward settling some fundamental issues which have been debated hotly for some time now.

Of course, we can't expect our govt. employees to ever take a logical or simple aproach to problem solving, now, can we?

Chuck