The Education Forum

1026 N. Beckley 'Occupants' 11/22/63

from

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...owRec.do?id=943

Occupants of 1026 N. Beckley on 11/22/63: Bobby Joe Palmer, C. C. Lehmann, Roy Samuel Cleghorn, Floyd DeGraffenreid, Hugh Slough, Jack Cody, A. C. Johnson, George Gibboney, Donald Green, John Carter, James Watson, Herbert Lee.

I recently encountered a woman who attemped to lease the actual duplex that Lee Harvey Oswald resided at - 1026 N Beckley, (I am not joking about this) she said that the woman who leases for the duplex, told her that she could not lease the room to her because there was only 1 main bathroom, which was shared by all the 'male' occupants.

Could Jack Cody possibly have been related to a Dallas Police Officer?

from

Occupants of 1026 N. Beckley on 11/22/63: Bobby Joe Palmer, C. C. Lehmann, Roy Samuel Cleghorn, Floyd DeGraffenreid, Hugh Slough, Jack Cody, A. C. Johnson, George Gibboney, Donald Green, John Carter, James Watson, Herbert Lee.

Robert, I am not yet a member of the Mary Ferrell website. Does it give the source from which these names were obtained?

I used to know a researcher named Dennis Ford who was trying to investigate this area in conjunction with a Dallas researcher, whose name I wish I could remember. Dennis published a few articles in the old "Third Decade," but these related to the psychology of the research community. The last time I saw Dennis he told me he had swapped JFK research for Geneology, and soon after that he moved and I lost contact.

I hope you make progress with this line of inquiry, one that has been neglected by official and unofficial investigators alike

Tosh Plumlee has described an association with a house behind 1026 N. Beckley which involved an Alpha 66 group. He has gone back to the house and shown researchers where his initials were scratched into a drainboard.

When I later learned that Oswald had been arrested as the lone assassin, I remembered having met him on a number of previous occasions which were connected with intelligence training matters, first at Illusionary Warfare Training in Nagshead, North Carolina, then in Honolulu at a radar installation and at Oahu's Wheeler Air Force Base, then in Dallas at an Oak Cliff safe house on North Beckley Street run by Alpha 66's Hernandez group, who had worked out of Miami prior to the assassination.

T.C.

Hi Robert,

I got this from my fellow DPUKer Ian Griggs - thought he may know about any possible link to the DPD:

Hi Francesca,

Firstly, I wonder if the last name - Herbert Lee - was Lee

Harvey Oswald. We know that he signed in as "O.H. Lee".

Also, the person shown as A.C. Johnson is almost certainly

Arthur Carl Johnson. He was not one of the "roomers" - he

was the husband of Mrs. Gladys J. Johnson. She was the

actual owner of the house at 1026 North Beckley.

In her WC testimony (10H 262-263) she said that she lived

at the house with her husband and the housekeeper, Mrs.

Earlene Roberts, also lived there. All the other occupants

were tenants. She onfirmed that at the time of the

assassination she had about 10 or 12 tenants. This equates

approximately to the list of names on Mary's database. Have

a look at both the Johnsons' testimony for lots of good

info on the rooming house.

There was a well-known (notorious?) DPD Burglary Detective

called Joe R. Cody serving at this time. He was a close

acquaintance of Jack Ruby - in fact he was responsible for

purchasing Jack's revolver for him. See Larry Sneed's "No

More Silence" (pages 467-479) in which Cody dscribes much

about his life and career. He explained that he bought the

pistol to save Ruby having to pay sales tax on it. As a

cop, Cody could buy it tax-free. (Another police perk!)

There is no record that I know which would suggest that

Detective Joe Cody was either identical to or related to

the man named as Jack Cody. It was not a particularly rare

surname - how about Buffalo Bill Cody?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

IAN

Tim and Francesca,

The mary ferrell website did not indicate the source of the information, I think the suggestion that Herbert Lee possibly indicating LHO is a hot potato, that I would not want to speculate about until I am able to learn a little more.

Tim, I had also read the thread where Tosh referenced the 'house' behind 1026 N. Beckley. I take Tosh's assertions seriously and am glad he contributes to the Forum. I am going to look into all of this but am also juggling some other important stuff as well. But I will keep everyone posted, as soon as I have something to report.

from

I recently encountered a woman who attemped to lease the actual duplex that Lee Harvey Oswald resided at - 1026 N Beckley, (I am not joking about this) she said that the woman who leases for the duplex, told her that she could not lease the room to her because there was only 1 main bathroom, which was shared by all the 'male' occupants.

Could Jack Cody possibly have been related to a Dallas Police Officer?

I don't know what to make of H. Lee.

Isn't that the name that the cops said LHO was renting under.. O. H. Lee?

Chuck

Francesca,

Hi Robert,

I got this from my fellow DPUKer Ian Griggs - thought he may know about any possible link to the DPD:

Hi Francesca,

Harvey Oswald.

From Mary Ferrell's database:

LAST LEE FIRST HERBERT MID/AKA LEON

ADDRESS 1026 N. Beckley, Dallas, TX; 1993: Garrison, TX (near LA-TX line)

'PHONE

SOURCES CD 86, pp. 559-565; CD 206, p. 140

COMMENT Claims FBI interviewed him soon after assassination.

Steve Thomas

• 4 years later...
Francesca,
Hi Robert,

Hi Francesca,

Harvey Oswald.

From Mary Ferrell's database:

LAST LEE FIRST HERBERT MID/AKA LEON

ADDRESS 1026 N. Beckley, Dallas, TX; 1993: Garrison, TX (near LA-TX line)

'PHONE

SOURCES CD 86, pp. 559-565; CD 206, p. 140

COMMENT Claims FBI interviewed him soon after assassination.

Steve Thomas

Steve I saw your name in the newspaper, the other day, you should email me sometime...I had never seen this last post you made, but will take a look see at CD 86.....Over the last year, I have been working on indexing the WC Documents, summarizing would be a better word.....There are only 1,555 of them...lol.

Re the Beckley occupants, the following indicates that they were probably? all interviewed, at least the link I am posting, more or less says so. It is from Vol 3 of LHO's 201 file........

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...p;relPageId=112

I have seen a couple here and there, and they all more or less remind me of Sergeant Schultz on the old Hogans Heroes tv series, he was always telling Col Hogan, "I see nothing, I hear nothing and I know nothing" :rant .....lol

I suppose John Armstrong is waiting for the second coming before he unveils his Ruby/Oswald phone logs.....

Mort Sahl was a big supporter of Big Jim Garrison, and CIA was all over that, monitoring what was being said et cetera, below is a link where Mort Sahl mentions the same topic....

104-10435-10065 DATE 7/26/1968

MEMO:GARRISON AND THE KENNEDY ASSASSINATION: MORT SAHL

This document is a summary of various quotes Sahl made to the media in 1968 incl. the one about the Ruby-Oswald calls

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

The following summarizes the information in the ______ file on subject

"the phone calls between Ruby and Oswald are classified by the CIA, you can't see them for seventy-five years."

Wonder if he knew specifics.....