The Education Forum

Clint Hill and the SS Agents in Dallas

If anyone has any information regarding Clint Hill during the period 1954 to 1958, it would be greatly appreciated.

According to the evidence he gave to the Warren Commission, after graduating in 1954 he joined the US Army. He left in 1957 and found work with the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. Hill entered the Secret Service in September 1958.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone has any information regarding Clint Hill during the period 1954 to 1958, it would be greatly appreciated.

According to the evidence he gave to the Warren Commission, after graduating in 1954 he joined the US Army. He left in 1957 and found work with the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad. Hill entered the Secret Service in September 1958.

Thanks, John.

Any idea where he was stationed or which unit he was with?

James

Any idea where he was stationed or which unit he was with?

This is the relevant transcipt:

Mr. Specter: Mr. Hill, would you state your full name for the record, please?

Mr. Hill: Clinton J. Hill.

Mr. Specter: How old are you, sir?

Mr. Hill: Thirty-two.

Mr. Specter: What is your educational background?

Mr. Hill: I went to secondary educational high school in Washburn, N. Dak., and then went on to Concordia College, Moorehead, Minn. I was a history and education major, with a minor in physical education.

Mr. Specter: What year were you graduated?

Mr. Hill: 1954.

Mr. Specter: What have you done since the time of graduation from college, Mr. Hill?

Mr. Hill: I went into the Army in 1954; remained in the Army until 1957. Then I couldn't determine what I wanted to do, whether to go to law school or not, and I took a couple of odd jobs. I worked for a finance company at one time. Then I went to work for the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad as a special agent in the spring of 1958, and entered the Secret Service in September 1958.

Guest Stephen Turner

Bill O'Reilly of Fox News uses the expression "drinking the Kool-Aid" a lot.

I think that he and Sean Hannity drink it more than anyone else.

Sean would probably drink it right out of one of the Republican boots that he licks.

As opposed to the virulent left-wingers who rule the roost at ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, PBS, BBC, NPR, NY Times, Wash Post, Google News, all of academia--not to mention this conspiratorial message board? Chill.

I cant speak for the US media but the BBC is payed for by public subscription, the idea that it is run by "virulent left wingers" is, to use an old British saying, a bag of bollocks. I can only hope that your usual PR performance is a whole lot better than this one......

Namebase Entry for Clinton J. Hill:

http://www.namebase.org/main1/Clinton-J-Hill.html

DiEugenio,J. Destiny Betrayed. 1992 (71)

Duffy,J. Ricci,V. The Assassination of John F. Kennedy. 1992 (224)

Fonzi,G. The Last Investigation. 1993 (25)

Groden,R. Livingstone,H. High Treason. 1990 (17, 55, 148, 448)

Hepburn,J. Farewell America. 1968 (299)

Hersh,S. The Dark Side of Camelot. 1997 (226, 238, 240)

Marrs,J. Crossfire. 1990 (13, 15, 245)

Oglesby,C. The Yankee and Cowboy War. 1976 (94)

Scott,P.D... The Assassinations: Dallas and Beyond. 1976 (18, 203)

Summers,A. Conspiracy. 1989 (481)

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKhillC.htm

Guest Stephen Turner
I cant speak for the US media but the BBC is payed for by public subscription, the idea that it is run by "virulent left wingers" is, to use an old British saying, a bag of bollocks.

Stephen,

Oh, you Brits and your progressive advanced ideas! To think of having a publicly-funded media dedicated primarily to the overall public interest rather than a media run by corporate money interests! Thank God for that big water puddle keeping such dangerous possibilities from these shores, green and pleasant!

PS: Yes, this would be joking (more or less)

Daniel, (and sorry to all for my :offtopic behavior) Aunty Beeb is far from perfect, but she proves her worth every now and then by driving El presidente Blair, and his nauseating henchmen into apoplexy by refusing to bow to the Neo-Con line. I notice that that bastion of democracy Murdock said that the BBC is "Anti-market" All I can say is thank God for small mercy's. Regards, Steve.

Regarding Clint's Scotch at the Press Club, I thought alcohol on the road was strictly verboten, whether you were on the clock or not. Am I wrong?

Brendan

Clint Hill and the other SS agents who consumed alcohol the night

and morning before the assassination were on the clock, around the clock,

or 24 hour shifts if you will. The regulation states:

"However, all members of the White House Detail and special agents

cooperating with them on Presidential and similar protective assignments are

considered to be subject to call for official duty at any time while on travel

status. Therefore, the use of intoxicating liquor of any kind, including beer

and wine, by members of the White House Detail and special agents cooperating

with them, or by special agents on similar assignments, while they are in

a travel status, is prohibited." (SS manual, Section 10, Chapter 1, p. 7).

In addition, Chief of the Secret Service Rowley, in his Warren

Commission testimony, was asked the following:

Mr. Rankin: "When they (SS agents) are out on a trip of this kind, Chief Rowley,

as I understand your regulations, it is understood by the regulations and by the

Secret Service that they are on duty all the time, that is, subject to call?"

Mr. Rowley: "Yes, sir." (WCH V, p. 458)

I might add that Chief Rowley told the Commission that he spoke

personally to the agents in question, "and they just thought while they were

there they would have a drink. It was one of those situations." (WCH V p. 458)

Rowley also told the Commission ( I especially "like" this one),

"The important thing was that it was pointed out to them this was wrong, this

wa a violation. These men are young with futures, they realize the true situation,

innocent as they may have seemed to think it was." (WCH V p. 458)

As I see it, John Kennedy was young and also had a future. There is

nothing "innocent" about the violations they accumulated while at the Press Club

and the Cellar.

Bill C

Regarding Clint's Scotch at the Press Club, I thought alcohol on the road was strictly verboten, whether you were on the clock or not. Am I wrong?

Brendan

a travel status, is prohibited." (SS manual, Section 10, Chapter 1, p. 7).

Mr. Rankin: "When they (SS agents) are out on a trip of this kind, Chief Rowley,

as I understand your regulations, it is understood by the regulations and by the

wa a violation. These men are young with futures, they realize the true situation,

As I see it, John Kennedy was young and also had a future. There is

nothing "innocent" about the violations they accumulated while at the Press Club

and the Cellar.

Bill C

Clint's statement that he couldn't remember which windows were open on the TSBD building while saying he as per instructions scan such things seems inconsistent. I would imagine he would spend a few days after the assassination going over everything in his mind. I'm not suggesting he didn't look nor that he saw necessarily something that he can't talk about. But it seems a kind of asscovering exercise. Which a lot of this whole mess seems to be about. Was he ever asked to elaborate on this 'can't remember?'. It appears as a stock answer to avoid things by many people.

Brendan

a travel status, is prohibited." (SS manual, Section 10, Chapter 1, p. 7)

As I see it, John Kennedy was young and also had a future. There's nothing "innocent" about the violations they accumulated while at the Press Club

and the Cellar

Bill C

[/quote

Clint's statement that he couldn't remember which windows were open on the TSBD building while saying he as per instructions scan such things seems inconsistent. I would imagine he would spend a few days after the assassination going over everything in his mind. I'm not suggesting he didn't look nor that he saw necessarily something that he can't talk about. But it seems a kind of asscovering exercise. Which a lot of this whole mess seems to be about. Was he ever asked to elaborate on this 'can't remember?'. It appears as a stock answer to avoid things by many people.

Earl Warren questioned Secret Service Chief Rowley about the importance of agents

getting a good night's sleep. The following was stated by the Chairman during Rowley's

WC testimony:

The CHAIRMAN: "Chief, it seems to me that on an assignment of that kind, to be alert at

all times is one of the necessities of the situation. And I just wonder if you believe that men

who did what these men did, being out until early morning hours, doing a little even a small

amount of drinking--would be as alert the next day as men should be when they are charged

with the tremendous responsibility of protecting the President." (WCH V p. 459).

I'm guessing this is an American thing, but what exactly is Kool-Aid? It is some kind of fizzy drink?

I haven't heard the term before.

Francesca,

Kool-Aid is nothing but water with powdered flavor stirred in it. The powder is bought in packages. Kids like the stuff. I've never met a grownup that drinks it, though maybe there are closet Kool-Aid drinkers.

Ron

Thanks for the explanation Ron and everyone, funny name, makes me think it's something to do with 'first aid' or something :-)

I don't know if there is an english equivalent. I guess orange or lemon squash would probab;ly be the closest thing but that's a liquid not powder that you add water to.

Guest Stephen Turner

I'm guessing this is an American thing, but what exactly is Kool-Aid? It is some kind of fizzy drink?

Francesca,

Kool-Aid is nothing but water with powdered flavor stirred in it. The powder is bought in packages. Kids like the stuff. I've never met a grownup that drinks it, though maybe there are closet Kool-Aid drinkers.

Ron

Thanks for the explanation Ron and everyone, funny name, makes me think it's something to do with 'first aid' or something :-)

I don't know if there is an english equivalent. I guess orange or lemon squash would probab;ly be the closest thing but that's a liquid not powder that you add water to.

Francesca, you need to read Ken Kesey,Oh the things the Hippies got up to with Kool aid..There was an equalent drink in Britain in the Sixties called, if memory serves, Orange sparkle..It was foul :blink:

Francesca,

Ron

Francesca, you need to read Ken Kesey,Oh the things the Hippies got up to with Kool aid..There was an equalent drink in Britain in the Sixties called, if memory serves, Orange sparkle..It was foul :blink:

Oh I don't remember that but I wasn't around then :-)

I do remember in the early 80's those vitamin C powder things for kids that you added water too and they became fizzy. They were foul too .