The Education Forum

Ultimate Sacrifice on Discovery Channel

DISCOVERY CHANNEL, "Conspiracy Files: JFK",

scheduled to air in March 2006, produced by NBC

Primetime feature based on the thesis of Ultimate Sacrifice

thanks LarryI noted this yesterday in the journalist thread, expressing concern about the apparent delay of the broadcast. I contacted Thom Hartmann about this at the end of March, and as of that time he did not know when the documentary would run.

Just rec'd the following note from Lamar Waldron. I suppose my semi-paranoia is revealed: May 11 is the day:

"Conspiracy Files: JFK Assassination" on the Discovery

Channel on May 11 at 9pm (Eastern):

Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann--the authors of

"Ultimate Sacrifice"--show for the first time many JFK

assassination records withheld from Congress, about a

secret JFK plan to invade overthrow Castro and invade

Cuba on 12-1-63 (10 days after Dallas). They explain

how that plan was infiltrated by Mafia godfathers

being prosecuted by Attorney General Robert Kennedy.

The godfathers used parts of that plan to try to kill

JFK--in Chicago, then Tampa, and finally in Dallas--in

a way that forced RFK and high US officials to cover

up crucial information (like the Tampa attempt four

days before Dallas, shown on TV for the first time).

Waldron and Hartmann also explain why the Mafia

framed America's first black presidential Secret

Service agent to keep him from telling the Warren

Commission about the Tampa attempt, sending him to

prison for 6 years. Still fighting to clear his name,

ex-agent Abraham Bolden is interviewed on TV in the

Discovery show for the first time.

Congress was not officially informed about much

of this material--including a million CIA JFK files

still being withheld from them, and why other files

were destroyed by the Secret Service in 1995--until

March 14, 2006, when Waldron's written testimony was

accepted for the record by Rep. Christopher Shays's

Subcommittee on Government Reform.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tvlistings/episod...d=0&channel=DSC

Larry,

What's your take on the book and theory?

Thanks, Herb

Edited by Herb White

Larry,

Thanks, Herb

Is this the Herb White who was a basketball player?

Nice to have you on the forum.

Jack also White

Herb, Lamar's research is meticulous and you will see that in his documents, references

and index. I can vouch for that as Lamar and I've been in communication on this

sort of material for some time now.

And there is no particular reason that Harry Williams would be making up a story on

a very private, potential coup agreement with a high Cuban revolutionary official. All

the documents show that Williams was where he described to Lamar, doing what

he described. And the fact that Robert Kennedy made one of his very first post

assassination calls to Williams is pretty significant in my book.

Given that, the book is a significant work of cold war history irrespective of anything else.

Where matters get more complex is tieing all that to a plan originated and

driven by the three mob bosses Lamar identifies. I'll have to leave it

to Lamar and the book to support those connections. I think its possible to make a very

good case they were aware of a plot, encouraged it and supported it. But whether

the were the originators and "operators" of it remains an open question for me...

I tend to take a bit of a different slant on it.

Hopefully this year in Dallas, Lamar and I will both get behind a table and let folks

toss questions at us for a lively discussion.

Larry,

Thanks, Herb

Wanted to give this a bump back to the top to remind everyone it will be on tomorrow......

An add'l bump, as it will be televised tonight in the US:

...on a documentary titled "Conspiracy Files: JFK Assassination," produced by NBC. Both Lamar Waldron and Thom Hartmann are featured, along with the first ever televised interview with ex-Secret Service agent Abraham Bolden. Others featured include former FBI agent William Turner and Bobby Kennedy's former Justice Department Organized Crime prosecutor, Ronald Goldfarb.

The date and time are subject to change, but the show

Some impressions from Thursday night's broadcast:

1. It was a bad night for LN'ers, and thus an awkward night for those who insist that we are in the stranglehold of an unremitting media uber-conspiracy. The authors spent the first half hour calmly and persuasively explaining their thesis. Context was provided by notable WC critics, including Jim Marrs and David Talbot. Then critics weighed in from various viewpoints, ranging from Mr. Posner on one end of the spectrum to Messrs. Talbot and Morley on the other. In almost every instance, the producers, who did a decent job distilling the essence of a thousand-page book to a one-hour documentary, returned to Lamar Waldron or Thom Hartmann for a rejoinder.

Bottom line: one comes from the broadcast thinking, *These guys obviously are on to something. Their thesis has problems, but it has a pretty solid foundation and the authors have answers to the problems that are at least plausible. Clarification is likely to come when the gov't begins releasing more of the one million pages of documents it continues to sit on."

2. It was a bad night for Brother Posner too, who can be a formidable advocate. This time he was over-the-top forceful to the point of being shrill, in marked contrast to the authors. (Think here, Al Pacino in "Scarface.")

Were I Posner, I might suspect that the producers had it out for me by setting up unenviable comparisons.

For example, Jim Marrs rendered a memorable -- and funny -- recreation of the purported feat, firing 3 shots with "this piece of garbage" weapon (an actual MC), and then explaining how ol' LHO raced the length of the 6th floor and back again to stash the weapon, only to appear in the cafeteria in laid back fashion, then hang around the crime scene for a while. When Posner asserted later in the show: "LHO wasn't a very good shot, but he was good enough that day," a belly laugh seemed to be the only appropriate response.

3. The most stunning portion of the show related to thwarted attempts on JFK's life in Chicago and Tampa immediately prior to Dallas, and interview snippets with SS agent Abraham Bolden. In brief, JFK called off a motorcade in the former city when there were specific and grave threats to his life; someone allegedly involved was arrested with a car trunk full of weapons, but eventually released. In Tampa, the attempt allegedly was called off when Trafficante's contact in the police department reported that the authorities had wind of the plot.

Allegedly, Bolden and other agents were told at the time that these incidents "did not happen" and that all documents relating to them should be routed to an out of chain of command source. Immediately before Bolden was to testify before the WC, he was arrested on an allegedly trumped up charge and spent several years in prison. Bolden appeared to be quite believable on all of this. (Also note: when the authors asked for documents relating to these incidents (in 1995, I believe), the SS reported that they had been inadvertently destroyed.)

IMO, the significance of this cannot be overstated because if there were, in fact, attempts on JFK's life immediately prior to Dallas, then the jig is up on Dallas. One can debate forever who was or was not involved, but the assassination HAD be the product of a conspiracy unless one indulges the incredible notion that 3 attempts on the President's life in as many weeks were merely coincidental.

Interestingly, Posner appears to embrace that conclusion as he observed: "the Mob wanted him dead, but LHO got there first."