The Education Forum

Newly RETOUCHED Willis 5 inserted into record!

Ashton, welcome to the world of "Jack".

Well, Bill, I see Jack in there pitching. I see him being willing to take risks and to look for angles and details somebody else might have missed. And I see him constantly bringing interest and life and a questioning spirit to things lots are willing to take at face value. You don't object to any of that, do you?

Your original response was correct, as well as your overlay. While your getting the two images over the top of one another was a tad bit off ... your point could not have been any clearer.

Working with images of different sizes, both at 72 dpi, there was only so much aligning feasible without a hell of a lot more work than I was willing to devote to it. But yes, it was a quick practical alignment that showed what I was looking for. Still, I'm interested in seeing the higher res versions of both images, without JPEG artifacts.

Even in the poorer print - Sitzman's shoulders are still higher than Zapruders, thus Zapruder is never taller than Sitzman unless one misreads the image as Jack did.

Could be. As I've already said directly to Jack, I personally tend to think the datum, either way, isn't of great relative importance. Having said that, I always find Jack's work to be creative and of interest—of far more interest and relevance than the sideline cawings of some of the birds on a wire here.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashton, welcome to the world of "Jack".

Well, Bill, I see Jack in there pitching. I see him being willing to take risks and to look for angles and details somebody else might have missed. And I see him constantly bringing interest and life and a questioning spirit to things lots are willing to take at face value. You don't object to any of that, do you?

Your original response was correct, as well as your overlay. While your getting the two images over the top of one another was a tad bit off ... your point could not have been any clearer.

Working with images of different sizes, both at 72 dpi, there was only so much aligning feasible without a hell of a lot more work than I was willing to devote to it. But yes, it was a quick practical alignment that showed what I was looking for. Still, I'm interested in seeing the higher res versions of both images, without JPEG artifacts.

Even in the poorer print - Sitzman's shoulders are still higher than Zapruders, thus Zapruder is never taller than Sitzman unless one misreads the image as Jack did.

Could be. As I've already said directly to Jack, I personally tend to think the datum, either way, isn't of great relative importance. Having said that, I always find Jack's work to be creative and of interest—of far more interest and relevance than the sideline cawings of some of the birds on a wire here.

Ashton

Thanks for having an OPEN MIND, Ashton.

Notice I did not say an empty mind.

Jack

Not every post has to resemble the Gettysburg Address.

Brendan, trust me: you aren't in any danger of that.

So far, the only common denominators I can find to your posts are:

1. Snide, supercilious, carping criticism of work somebody else is doing.

2. Zero relevant contribution to forum or thread topic.

Have I left anything out?

Ashton

"Well, Bill, I see Jack in there pitching. I see him being willing to take risks and to look for angles and details somebody else might have missed. And I see him constantly bringing interest and life and a questioning spirit to things lots are willing to take at face value. You don't object to any of that, do you?"

I also see Jack in this light. I actually agree more often with Bill's interpretations, but not always, and it all changes over time as I change too.

You know like with a jungle sniper trying to see into a camouflaged area? How the major part is first just to look? Everything is still there, but the camoulflage by the limited range of its visuals start to separate out and become a kind of noise that the mind can 'blind' itself to. And then the scene beyond stands out with a sufficient clarity.

A similar thing happens with huge chatrooms on IRC (250 plus members) where with time one can have a comprehensible conversation with just one person even though innumerable other threads are happening in a linear fashion.

The sideline barracking becomes like this over time. It's even possible to have a direct conversation with one other person over time in totally different threads without ever posting in the same thread.

Those who have an interest could readily come to see all this.

The noise will always be there, let it be. In the fullness of time it is just...irrelevant.

Attention Ashton.

I attempted to send the two tiff files to the email address you provided.

I got an error message saying MESSAGE IS REFUSED BECAUSE MAILBOX

IS FULL OR MESSAGE EXCEEDED CAPACITY.

Please advise.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

Not every post has to resemble the Gettysburg Address.

Brendan, trust me: you aren't in any danger of that.

So far, the only common denominators I can find to your posts are:

1. Snide, supercilious, carping criticism of work somebody else is doing.

Govt-hating wackos bring out the worst in me, Ashton.

2. Zero relevant contribution to forum or thread topic.

False. You think it's hard to prove that Jack is incompetent or Groden is a panhandling publicity hound?

Have I left anything out?

Common sense? Decorum?

Best of luck with your Indiana Jones impersonation. lol

Bill, I probably had five posts in that thread, max. You no doubt had three times as many. Don't blame me for beating a dead horse.

And please don't tell me how to post. You're not a teacher and I'm not your student.

Brendan, it was in another thread (the shoe thread) where you were complaining about the number of pages being posted over that matter ... would you like for me to compile your responses on this "education forum" so we can evaluate the contribution you made Vs. the pissing around and causing some of those needless pages to add up? Here is a small sample ...

Brendan Slattery Jul 5 2006, 07:39 AM Post #83

Experienced Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 2905

This is right up there with Bill Lovelady in the doorway and "Lamb Chop" in the back seat.

Experienced Member

That, my friends, is a shoe. Game over

Brendan Slattery Yesterday, 06:17 PM Post #397

Experienced Member

27 pages and counting .. over a shoe.

<insert primal Howard Dean-like scream here>

--------------------

As far as my being a teacher ... I let the evidence do the teaching, you may wish to stop and try and learn something from some of the asassination images I have posted, especially the location of Connally's coat sleeve at the moment he took his bullet in the back and apply that to the SBT which needs to be accurate to keep the lone assassin conclusion alive.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Bill, I probably had five posts in that thread, max. You no doubt had three times as many. Don't blame me for beating a dead horse.

And please don't tell me how to post. You're not a teacher and I'm not your student.

Brendan, it was in another thread (the shoe thread) where you were complaining about the number of pages being posted over that matter ... would you like for me to compile your responses on this "education forum" so we can evaluate the contribution you made Vs. the pissing around and causing some of those needless pages to add up? Here is a small sample ...

Experienced Member

This is right up there with Bill Lovelady in the doorway and "Lamb Chop" in the back seat.

Experienced Member

Experienced Member

--------------------

As far as my being a teacher ... I let the evidence do the teaching, you may wish to stop and try and learn something from some of the asassination images I have posted, especially the location of Connally's coat sleeve at the moment he took his bullet in the back and apply that to the SBT which needs to be accurate to keep the lone assassin conclusion alive.

Bill Miller

Three measly posts? That's all you can unearth? And you have the temerity to blame me for some of those 27 pages? I wanted the lunacy to stop, but you kept taking Jack's bait. My hands are clean.

The Connally matter is a diff thread entirely. Too bad your main foil has been banished.

Jack, if you've ever seen Marilyn Sitzman in TMWKK or Life Magazine's 20th anniv of 11-22-63, you'd know that she's a big, hulking, sasquatch of a woman. She was clearly taller than her boss.

Edited by Brendan Slattery

Three measly posts? That's all you can unearth? And you have the temerity to blame me for some of those 27 pages? I wanted the lunacy to stop, but you kept taking Jack's bait. My hands are clean.

The Connally matter is a diff thread entirely. Too bad your main foil has been banished.

Brendan, I wasn't limiting your meaningless responses to one thread, but regardless ... they all add up and its OK to make them as long as you do not mind the post count on a thread being too high.

Ron...Zapruder, according to his daughter, was 5'11".

Sitzman, according to best sources was about 5'8 or 5'9. She should be SHORTER.

All photos show her taller.

Jack

Sitzman was about 6' tall. On the say of the assassination she wore high heels and as all the assassination images of her shows - she stood taller than Zapruder because of it.

Bill Miller

Attention Ashton.

Please advise.

Get a Mac.

Okay, okay: just kidding. (Sort of.)

Hell, Jack, Windows is like Richard Helms: it will say anything that suits it. :lol::lol:

I've e-mailed you on possible causes. I send and receive large files frequently, so I think we can debug it, but let's keep it in e-mail so it's not cluttering things up here.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

this reminds me of the nature of many photos, here accidentally reproduced(perhaps)

take Robins posted image, pixel resize ot and do an edge outline and merge (transparencies at 99% and then duplicated and remerged until a opaque image is achieved. so the two qualities (or more if stacking more) blend together) in this instance on the left, pixel rexized, edge outlined and blended with an unenhaced for coloring the edge image. So it shows the pixel structure. Then in order to suggest that if Z stood up straight next to S he could very well be taller.

Anyway, in order to present it I resized (pixel, no interpolation, in divisions or multiples of two) down and got the image on the right which reminds me of the 'structure' of the yarbrough exhibit in PDF format.

Inside the boxes on the right are lots of smaller boxes in different hues

Edited by John Dolva

Attention Ashton.

Please advise.

Get a Mac.

Okay, okay: just kidding. (Sort of.)

Hell, Jack, Windows is like Richard Helms: it will say anything that suits it. :lol::lol:

I've e-mailed you on possible causes. I send and receive large files frequently, so I think we can debug it, but let's keep it in e-mail so it's not cluttering things up here.

Ashton

Ashton...I have worn out 3 Macs and still use 2. I have used Macs

exclusively since 1992 (self-taught) Before that my little graphics

company had 3 others used by my 7 employees (artists and typesetters).

I am not as dumb as all these guys try to make me look.

Jack

Experienced Member

Experienced Member

Experienced Member

--------------------

Bill Miller

Jack, if you've ever seen Marilyn Sitzman in TMWKK or Life Magazine's 20th anniv of 11-22-63, you'd know that she's a big, hulking, sasquatch of a woman. She was clearly taller than her boss.

Hey BS...put your brain in gear before starting your mouth.

I have more pictures of Sitzman than you knew existed.

I even once emailed a relative of hers asking her height,

and he replied...taller than average, maybe 5'9". Here is

a photo of her sitting on the pedestal...compared with Zapruder.

jack

Edited by Jack White

BS...I have studied Sitzman more than you know.

I have come to believe that she and Zapruder got in over

their heads on what they considered a benign request.

I do not believe that she was on the pedestal. I do not

believe that Zapruder was on the pedestal. One reason

for the FBI dragnet was to retouch all pedestal photos

adding a man and woman INSTEAD OF WHAT REALLY

WAS THERE. But that is largely "theory", based on many

facts.

See attachment.

jack