The Education Forum

The early Zapruder conferences

Pat Speer

I was just re-reading Shaneyfelt's testimony where he described the intense Zapruder film viewing sessions of the Warren Commission, Secret Service, and FBI beginning on 1-27-64. It seems like I read a Warren Commission memo on these activities. But maybe I'm thinking of Eisenberg's memos from April. Does a report or memo exist on the January film conferences, and if so, where can I find it?

Any help appreciated.

I was just re-reading Shaneyfelt's testimony where he described the intense Zapruder film viewing sessions of the Warren Commission, Secret Service, and FBI beginning on 1-27-64. It seems like I read a Warren Commission memo on these activities. But maybe I'm thinking of Eisenberg's memos from April. Does a report or memo exist on the January film conferences, and if so, where can I find it?

Any help appreciated.

Pat,

Intense? Why do you see Shaneyfelt's testimony as "intense"? Slam dunk time isn't it?

Healy

Any help appreciated.

Pat,

Intense? Why do you see Shaneyfelt's testimony as "intense"? Slam dunk time isn't it?

Healy

Shaneyfelt testified that they were day-long sessions. As one of the participants, Howlett, had already written a report saying three shots and three hits were evident, and as another, Gauthier, had created exhibits depicting a shot after the head shot, and as the Commission staff ended up disagreeing with both of them, I would be interested in reading an account of their discussion.