The Education Forum

William Harvey in Florida April 1963 By Noel Twyman

Indeed Robert and this particular piece actually represents the work of Anna Marie Kuhns-

Walko. Actually we can add a few observations to the incident now...

1) ZR/RIFLE whom everyone took to have ceased in 1962 can now be shown to have

been authorized and funded by Helms through 1963.

2) There is good reason to think that not only Roselli but at least one other US crime

associated asset was being operated under the project in 1963 - the meeting in

Florida included a participant traveling from Chicago.

3) It seems unlikely that so much time (and money) would be spent on the termination

of a ZR/RIFLE asset (ostensible reason for the trip) ...and of course as the Church

Committee was led to belive no such assets were to be from the US nor were ZR/FIFLE

contacts of any sort to be made in the U.S.

Just more indications of the degree to which compartimentalized "vest pockets" operations

were so much a part of how senior CIA officials operated.

Indeed Robert and this particular piece actually represents the work of Anna Marie Kuhns-

Walko. Actually we can add a few observations to the incident now...

1) ZR/RIFLE whom everyone took to have ceased in 1962 can now be shown to have

been authorized and funded by Helms through 1963.

2) There is good reason to think that not only Roselli but at least one other US crime

associated asset was being operated under the project in 1963 - the meeting in

Florida included a participant traveling from Chicago.

3) It seems unlikely that so much time (and money) would be spent on the termination

of a ZR/RIFLE asset (ostensible reason for the trip) ...and of course as the Church

Committee was led to belive no such assets were to be from the US nor were ZR/FIFLE

contacts of any sort to be made in the U.S.

Just more indications of the degree to which compartimentalized "vest pockets" operations

were so much a part of how senior CIA officials operated.

Thank's Larry interesting observations, has anyone ever heard of ZR-ALERT?

17 Aug 2006 - CIA Records Project Passes 50,000 Pages: Among the many new records is a document containing "trash pickings" from the surveillance of Martin Luther King Jr., passed on to the JMWAVE CIA station. Also in the new records is an interesting memo regarding a hypnotism project code-named ZRALERT which was in operation in Mexico City in the summer of 1963

That is from the home page maryferrell.org

The links are below

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=26123

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

If you see the words:

1. CIA, then

2. hypnosis

you know....

3. Sidney Gottleib - has to have been there, at least in spirit.

PS The ZRALERT Document mentions C/I, So that at least establishes a peripheral connection to Helms, wasn't he DDP C/I during summer 63?

Also

In 1972, Helms ordered the destruction of most records from the huge MKULTRA project, over 150 CIA-funded research projects designed to explore any possibilities of mind control. The project became public knowledge two years later, after a New York Times report. Its full extent may never be known.

Edited by Robert Howard

Thank's Larry interesting observations, has anyone ever heard of ZR-ALERT?

17 Aug 2006 - CIA Records Project Passes 50,000 Pages: Among the many new records is a document containing "trash pickings" from the surveillance of Martin Luther King Jr., passed on to the JMWAVE CIA station. Also in the new records is an interesting memo regarding a hypnotism project code-named ZRALERT which was in operation in Mexico City in the summer of 1963

That is from the home page maryferrell.org

The links are below

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/....do?docId=26123

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=2

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=3

If you see the words:

1. CIA, then

2. hypnosis

you know....

3. Sidney Gottleib - has to have been there, at least in spirit.

PS The ZRALERT Document mentions C/I, So that at least establishes a peripheral connection to Helms, wasn't he DDP C/I during summer 63?

Also

In 1972, Helms ordered the destruction of most records from the huge MKULTRA project, over 150 CIA-funded research projects designed to explore any possibilities of mind control. The project became public knowledge two years later, after a New York Times report. Its full extent may never be known.

I found the one reference mentioned above to the ZRALERT project, when processing the AARC's CIA records for the Mary Ferrell site. Here's the link again:

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=422760

In this memo to the CIA's General Counsel, Bruce Johnson notes that he has reviewed documents on ZRALERT. He also notes that Blakey may have come across "oblique and puzzling references to this abortive operation" which may require explanation, particularly since "the events in these documents took place in the summer of 1963, a period in the life of the Mexico City Station which is of intense interest to the HSCA."

Indeed.

But other than this memo which says that project ZRALERT concerns "exploration and experimentation by the CI Staff of the use of hypnotism in certain operational situations," there is precious little detail.

Searching the NARA database turns up 0 hits, not even the document linked to above (104-10146-10294). That's presumably because the NARA database is oh-so-complete.

I am keeping my eyes peeled for more ZRALERT while processing the CIA records, but so far nothing.

Rex

I don't have a source, but I have ZR-ALERT listed in my notes as a specific component to Operation Monarch; or maybe Monarch was a component of ZR-ALERT. Details are few and far between.

ZR-ALERT was allegedly aimed at locating, researching and then isolating specific individuals for Intel training. This training consisted of psychological programming and brain-washing techniques.

Maybe someone has done some work on Monarch and can offer some more details.

James

So it appears that ZR/ALERT was a hypnosis or psychological program of the CIA,

emanating from the Mexico City (Western Hemisphere HQ) station in 1963, but of course,

it had absolutely nothing to do with Oswald or the JFK assassination -- although it had

to be sanitized for national security reasons nevertheless..............hmmm.

Good stuff. Great lead.

(and I do not think the Bruce Johnson in question was the musician in the Beach Boys)

So it appears that ZR/ALERT was a hypnosis or psychological program of the CIA,

emanating from the Mexico City (Western Hemisphere HQ) station in 1963, but of course,

it had absolutely nothing to do with Oswald or the JFK assassination -- although it had

to be sanitized for national security reasons nevertheless..............hmmm.

Good stuff. Great lead.

(and I do not think the Bruce Johnson in question was the musician in the Beach Boys)

I want to post some information related to David Ferrie, from Daniel Hopsicker's "Barry & The Boy's,"

"The truth about the extent to which David Ferrie used hypnotism during the course of his duties as a CIA Agent --- and prototypical elite deviant ---- will likely never be known. Author John H. Davis, a member of the Board of Advisors of the Assassination Archives and Research Center in Washington D.C., reported for example, that a 30-page FBI report on Ferrie is ---- whoops again! ---- missing"

page 69, Barry & The Boy's

The 30-page FBI Report on Ferrie, Hopsicker references, is THE definitive document on Ferrie, in my estimation......ostensibly, without it we cannot ascertain what he told the FBI, at 30 pages it is certainly an essential piece of evidence, down the rabbit hole, along with all the others.

Closing thought -

Question: What will the Final Version of the JFK Documents collection look like when the documents are finally released.

Answer: The Inside of Al Capone's Vault?

Closing thought -

Question: What will the Final Version of the JFK Documents collection look like when the documents are finally released.

No doubt Geraldo will be there too......

I'm sorry to say that I'm not a believer in the theory that, on an anointed day in 2029, "they" will all come out (of their graves by then, presumably) and conduct a teach-in on who-dun-it. It would make a good Monty Python skit though.

The JFK Collection is first and foremost a giant window into the mechanism of cover-up, and secondarily is a respository of undeveloped leads that are usually not easy to trace, especially at this date.

But what a window it is, though there's not really a very pretty picture behind it......

I have found the foreign policy documents in the JFK Collection the most interesting, as they continue to provide additional context for the crime (vietnam withdrawal plans, crazy-ass Northwoods false flag terrorism ideas, accomodation track on Cuba, etc. etc.). Thanks to those who pressed the ARRB (Peter Scott, John Newman, and others) to include Cuba and Vietnam in the definition of assassination records.

Rex

Closing thought -

No doubt Geraldo will be there too......

I'm sorry to say that I'm not a believer in the theory that, on an anointed day in 2029, "they" will all come out (of their graves by then, presumably) and conduct a teach-in on who-dun-it. It would make a good Monty Python skit though.

The JFK Collection is first and foremost a giant window into the mechanism of cover-up, and secondarily is a respository of undeveloped leads that are usually not easy to trace, especially at this date.

But what a window it is, though there's not really a very pretty picture behind it......

I have found the foreign policy documents in the JFK Collection the most interesting, as they continue to provide additional context for the crime (vietnam withdrawal plans, crazy-ass Northwoods false flag terrorism ideas, accomodation track on Cuba, etc. etc.). Thanks to those who pressed the ARRB (Peter Scott, John Newman, and others) to include Cuba and Vietnam in the definition of assassination records.

Rex

I found this information on the maryferrell.org Database;

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...Rec.do?id=10433

ZRBEECH

ZRCHEST

ZRCLIFF

ZRKNICK

ZRONION

ZRPRIMA

ZRRIFLE

ZRWAHOO

Additional listing under ZRBEACH;

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...Rec.do?id=10434

ZRBEACH, ----- -----

Sources: Inside the Company, Agee, p. 351

Mary's

Comments: Under Staff D, CIA. Radio monitoring of certain U.S. Embassies. ZRBEACH teams work under the direction of Division D of the DDP although locally they are supervised by the Chief of Station.

Note unsure if ZRBEECH & ZRBEACH that is a typo or another cryptonym

Additional listing under ZRCLIFF;

ZRCLIFF, ----- -----

Sources: According to Martin Shackelford in January 1998.

Mary's

Comments: Clay Shaw was cleared for a program called ZRCLIFF.

And of course, the infamous ZRRIFLE;

ZRRIFLE, ----- -----

Sources: CIA Box 3, Vol 2 (MMF 645-653); Alleged Assassination Plots, pp. 181-182; HSCA Report, p. 204; HSCA Vol 4, pp. 141-142, 189-190, 197-205; CIA, Freemantle, p. 176; HSCA Reel 14, Box 9, Folder L (AMKW 10); HSCA Reel 20, Box 13, Folder F, G, H, I (AMKW 15)

Mary's

Comments: Code name of Executive Action Project of the CIA in 1961 (or 1960 ?). (Note "doodle" on p. 202 of HSCA, Vol. 4 - strange triangle with arrow drawn into it. See same doodle on CIA 384-159.)

Edited by Robert Howard

While William Harvey, the guy introduced to JFK as "America's James Bond," was reportedly assigned to Italy in November, 1963, Lansdale tries to pin the renegade CIA raiders ( Pawley/Bayo and Rex missions are related to JFK hit) on Harvey in his Rock Com testimony. Though I'm sure Belin wouldn't make the connections.

LANSDALE, EDWARD G.

Deposition of Edward G. Lansdale, Friday, May 16, 1975

NLF MR Case No. 93-16. Document No. #8

Questioned by Rockefeller Commission counsel David Belin.

Declassified 8/4/94

Lansdale identifies himself as Major General USAF, retired in late October, 1963. As Dept. Asst. to Sec. of Defense Thomas Gates, in the Eisenhower administration, Lansdale held the title of Deputy Assistant to SOD for Special Operations and assisted in the early planning of what became the Bay of Pigs.

In the Kennedy administration, as Special Operations assistant to McNamara, Lansdale coordinated counter-insurgency planning and operations for all the military services.

In the fall of 1961 JFK asked him to look into the Cuban situation, with the Attorney General Robert Kennedy as the chief intermediary, although he occasional reported directly to the president. His report, Lansdale said, is part of JFK’s personal papers.

Until the October 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis, Lansdale was a member of the Special Group Augmented, aka MOONGOOSE. Early in 1962, Lansdale surveyed the refugee organizations primarily in Florida.

Lansdale denied any knowledge of assassination planning or attempts to kill Castro.

Lansdale attended an August 10, 1962 meeting at the office of the Secretary of Defense. A report of this meeting is referred to as Helms Exhibit No. 17, dated August 13, 1962.

At Lansdale’s request, a Colonel Stakeley came in the October 4th meeting, chaired by RFK, and first reported preparations for missile sites in Cuba.

In regards to anti-Castro Cuban harassment raids against Cuba, Lansdale said that they would have been against the President’s policy after October 1962, and that of those individuals he knew who was working on such operations, a CIA office he referred to as “Mr. Harvey” would have been the person most likely to have initiated such raids.

“I remember most clearly from ’62 was the fact that it was definitely against the top executive policy to carry out harassing raids in Cuba, and I had exacted a promise and had give instructions in writing to CIA to cease and desist on that, not carry them out…There might have been individuals there who would inclined to know better than an outsider, and they might attempt something, but it’s just a feeling I had. I have not been able to pin it down specifically.”

Q. With reference to any particular individuals?

A. It might have been Harvey. It might have been such a person.

Q. You mean Harvey might have done something you feel without direction from above?

A. Possibly so. That is why I gave him directions in writing. It was just a gut feeling I had dealing with him. With his Deputy, with his bosses there. I had no such feeling and I just singled out an individual and I thought, just be doubly sure, I should do that. Now it might have been a personal attitude of his or something that caused that and nothing specific in proof of it.

Q. Apart from Mr. Harvey, whom you singled out as an individual, did you have any other experience which I might indicate that the CIA would not follow directions to curtail an activity in those directions.

A. Not really.”

Lansdale added that his testimony should be kept secret because his involvement in Cuban operations should not become known to the governments in Southeast Asia, and he wanted placed into the record the fact that he was against massive U.S. military buildup in Vietnam and advised against it.

Edited by William Kelly

Guest John Gillespie
I don't have a source, but I have ZR-ALERT listed in my notes as a specific component to Operation Monarch; or maybe Monarch was a component of ZR-ALERT. Details are few and far between.

ZR-ALERT was allegedly aimed at locating, researching and then isolating specific individuals for Intel training. This training consisted of psychological programming and brain-washing techniques.

Maybe someone has done some work on Monarch and can offer some more details.

James

FROM WHAT IT'S WORTH AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT DEPT.:

From Gunther Russbacher, now deceased, Co-founder of Rumor Mill News...

“Project and/or Operation Monarch was a completely fictitious series created and released to the public simply to side track serious investigators. You can always judge the authenticity of serious reporters or investigative journals by paying attention to the things they have said about Project/Operation Monarch. This does not mean that the "victims" of Monarch are not real, what it means is that the entire Project was created as a cover story to keep people busy following the Project Monarch leads, while the real work went on in hospitals and doctors' offices around the country.

There are government sponsored investigative journals which are designed to sow misinformation or disinformation. I have been able to spot the newspapers that are putting out bogus information by paying attention to how they treat Operation Monarch.”

Russbacher's background and brief autobiography, here, are worth a peek:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/guntherruss...le10aug05.shtml

I want to add that Russbacher is one of the few besides Jim Hougan who acknowledges Jonestown as a Psy Ops camp. I'll send the Hougan article upon request.

Regards,

JG