The Education Forum

'Ten-One'

In Gaeton Fonzi's 'The Last Investigation', he mentions a man who was Rolando Otero's source and who Fonzi gave the codename of 'Ten-One' to, to protect his identity. He was in a jail in Florida when Fonzi first interviewed him. He was connected to Bernardo De Torre, Mitch Werbell and Paul Bethell.

Does anyone know if his identity was ever discovered? Or can anyone guess who it might be?

In Gaeton Fonzi's 'The Last Investigation', he mentions a man who was Rolando Otero's source and who Fonzi gave the codename of 'Ten-One' to, to protect his identity. He was in a jail in Florida when Fonzi first interviewed him. He was connected to Bernardo De Torre, Mitch Werbell and Paul Bethell.

Does anyone know if his identity was ever discovered? Or can anyone guess who it might be?

Francesca,

I can't find the reference in my notes, but the name Juan Aldama Abru rings a bell here. He also used an alias which I will try to find.

FWIW.

James

Francesca,

I can't find the reference in my notes, but the name Juan Aldama Abru rings a bell here. He also used an alias which I will try to find.

FWIW.

James

Hi James,

Thanks for the info! I was hoping you might know :-) Never heard the name before then again I'm not an expert on the cubans but the story about him I found very interesting.

Francesca,

Juan Aldama Abru also used the name Juan Adames.

James

----------------------------

Juan Aldama Abreu. CI (Confidential Informant) for then Sgt. Diaz of the Metro-Dade County Police, and operative working for Bernardo de Torres. Fonzi interviewed him at the Florida City Correctional Institution, Florida Department of Corrections. [Located just a few miles south of the City of Homestead, and near the entrance to Everglades National Park.] He had also been a member of Frank Castro's parachute "club" - Los Halcones Dorados (Golden Hawks).

GPH

----------------------------

He had also been a member of Frank Castro's parachute "club" - Los Halcones Dorados (Golden Hawks). (Gerry Hemming)

Gerry,

Is that the same group that Tony Izquierdo was with?

James

----------------------------------

Tony Izquierdo ("Izqueirdito") did not like Juan Alberto Aldama y Abreu at all, and this was because he had his own police contacts who had tipped off Tony that Aldama was a "snitch" (C.I.) for the police, FBI & US Customs.

Aldama was never permitted to complete parachute training, and soon left the "club". After our 1974 operation in Honduras, I loaned Frank (and the club) the bulk of our T-10 military issue parachutes (1974). Most of the club members went on to fight as combat leaders in Somoza's National Guard, and were there until the day before the Sandinistas entered Managua (July, 1979). Only half of the club members were Bay of Pigs veterans, while most of the others had been Rebels with Fidel, and after discovering that groups such as Alpha-66 were a complete waste of time -- they all decided to go "independent".

GPH

-------------------------------

He had also been a member of Frank Castro's parachute "club" - Los Halcones Dorados (Golden Hawks). (Gerry Hemming)

Gerry,

Is that the same group that Tony Izquierdo was with?

James

----------------------------------

Tony Izquierdo ("Izqueirdito") did not like Juan Alberto Aldama y Abreu at all, and this was because he had his own police contacts who had tipped off Tony that Aldama was a "snitch" (C.I.) for the police, FBI & US Customs.

Aldama was never permitted to complete parachute training, and soon left the "club". After our 1974 operation in Honduras, I loaned Frank (and the club) the bulk of our T-10 military issue parachutes (1974). Most of the club members went on to fight as combat leaders in Somoza's National Guard, and were there until the day before the Sandinistas entered Managua (July, 1979). Only half of the club members were Bay of Pigs veterans, while most of the others had been Rebels with Fidel, and after discovering that groups such as Alpha-66 were a complete waste of time -- they all decided to go "independent".

GPH

-------------------------------

Thanks, Gerry. I appreciate the information.

James