The Education Forum

JFK Lancer Mystery Conference speaker

We would like to announce that Anne Dischler is the individual previously listed as our mystery guest for the November in Dallas Conference. We've gotten final confirmation from Anne and are very exicited to offer attendees a chance to hear from her in person and to ask her questions. The following is the description posted by Sherry on the Lancer forum:

Mrs. Dischler worked as assistant investigator to Lt. Francis Fruge of the Louisiana State Police for the office of District Attorney Jim Garrison of Orleans Parish, Louisiana. She primarily worked in the areas concerning Rose Cheramie and interviews of citizens of Clinton, Louisiana as they concerned the Shaw\Ferrie\Oswald appearances in that Louisiana town prior to the assassination of President Kennedy. Dischler still has the three stenographic pads of field notes she accumulated during her tenure on the Clinton investigation in 1967.

Anne Dischler interviewed many people in Jackson and Clinton Louisiana. Mrs. Dischler has first hand information concerning Shaw possibly being identified as traveling with Oswald; and the voting card Oswald is alleged to have signed in Clinton, LA. Her attendance at NID 2006 will be a rare opportunity for researchers to question someone with first hand knowledge of the investigation.

This will be the first conference appearance for Anne Dischler and JFK Lancer is proud and happy to welcome her. She is a charming person and I know you will be pleased to meet and talk with her in November.

John, the conference will be held at the Crown Plaza hotel off the Stemmons freeway

in Dallas. It will run all day and into the evenings on November 17-19.

Full details on the schedule, speakers, hotel, etc can be found at:

http://jfklancer.com/Dallas.html

Feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

-- Regards, Larry

My first reaction when I read your news was ' not THIS year!' seeing as I can't make it over! :)

As the Garrison case has always been a major interest of mine it's one of those annoying things. :rolleyes:

But it's good she will be there to give her side of the story and hopefully she might attend again. Maybe someone who is attending can post a little summary of her talk or something?

I wonder how old she is now?

Francesca, don't want you to feel worse but you will also be missing some very

interesting presentations on David Ferrie by Stephen Roy and Stephen Taylor

as well as a fascinating ongoing research update by Jim Olivier and Stu Wexler

on participants in the Oswald leafleting incident in New Orleans.

However, I know Deb has new recording equipment and is going to be going

right to DVD so that will be one option for getting conference information.

If you have any specific questions for Anne or the others on New Orleans email

them to me direct and I'll try to make sure they get asked.

-- we will miss you, Larry

Francesca, don't want you to feel worse but you will also be missing some very

interesting presentations on David Ferrie by Stephen Roy and Stephen Taylor

as well as a fascinating ongoing research update by Jim Olivier and Stu Wexler

on participants in the Oswald leafleting incident in New Orleans.

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

It's a conspiracy! :rolleyes:

However, I know Deb has new recording equipment and is going to be going

right to DVD so that will be one option for getting conference information.

Oh that's great, I will definitely see if I can get that then.

If you have any specific questions for Anne or the others on New Orleans email

them to me direct and I'll try to make sure they get asked.

Thanks Larry! I will get thinking on that. I know I did have some questions whilst reading Joan Mellon's book on the Garrison case.

-- we will miss you, Larry

thx, so will all the DPUK lot who can't make it but we will be sure to toast to you all at our get togther in London that weekend. We have decided to informally call it 'November in London' as a poor imitation! :)

I'm confident we'll solve the case in a couple of hours with the help of a few pints :D

[...] we will be sure to toast to you all at our get togther in London that weekend. We have decided to informally call it 'November in London' as a poor imitation! :ice

I'm confident we'll solve the case in a couple of hours with the help of a few pints :D

Have a few pints "on" me. I really wish I could be there. [One of my distant relatives was admitted to Oxford to learn "the art of brewing" (LOL) in the 1600's. Probably explains my affinity for intellectual subjects and beer...]

--Thomas

[...] we will be sure to toast to you all at our get togther in London that weekend. We have decided to informally call it 'November in London' as a poor imitation! :rolleyes:

Have a few pints "on" me. I really wish I could be there.

We will be sure to! If you're ever in London let us know!

[One of my distant relatives was admitted to Oxford to learn "the art of brewing" (LOL) in the 1600's. Probably explains my affinity for intellectual subjects and beer...]

Really? Well that is interesting! Im the first generation to be born in the UK so I my english roots don't go back past 1976!

If your ancestor was knocking around Oxford in the 1600's he may well have come across some famous historical figures of the time.